The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry shut up  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry shut up  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry shut up  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry shut up  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry shut up  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry shut up  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry shut up  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry shut up  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry shut up  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry shut up  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

harry shut up

harry shut up  Empty harry shut up

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 09:15

The Tottenham boss, 65, believes the top job should go to an 'older man' who is English and there were not 'a million' candidates about.
    Redknapp said: "It's a great job to be manager of your country.
    "I've got a job to do at Tottenham and I've got to really keep concentrating on my job there, which I do 100 per cent, and see what happens at the end of the year.
    "I have never been approached by England or anybody else. I have said all along it needs an English manager.
    "We haven't achieved anything with foreign managers. Capello did OK but he had a bad World Cup. We haven't really torn up any trees with them. Why not give it to somebody from here?
    "I suppose at the moment there are not a million candidates but there are some young managers who, in the future, I'm sure would be fantastic but are too young.
    "It's an older man's job. I think it is not a job for a young guy. I think some guys take it too young. I think Steve McClaren took it too young, maybe Glenn Hoddle.
    "I think it's a job for a more experienced manager.
    "I've got to weigh it all up at the end of the year and I've got to do what I feel is right for myself and what I feel is right for my family."

Harry Redknapp drops hint that he still wants England job | The Sun |Sport|Football

A few things on this...

1) What gives him the right to speak so openly about it and make him think he 'has to weigh it up and the end of the season'??? Has he been offered it?

2) Shouldn't he be talking about resurrecting our form given we are in the worse run of form since he came to the club??

3) I thought Prem bosses had been banned from talking about the England position? How is Redknapp exempt?

4) His 'leading the press on' attitude towards this situation is killing many of us Spurs fans and I am sure it is not just purely coincidental it has lead to our worrying loss of form - let alone in Harry's own individual performances with some shocking managerial decisions - selection, formation, tactics.
    vis
    vis

harry shut up  Empty Re: harry shut up

Post by vis Fri Mar 16 2012, 10:13

"I would say Redknapp - OI, NO. Shut up & listen ! Yes your son his wife may be photographically pleasent and make Wii adverts pleasing to veiw and your bulldogs may have ownership of somewhat dodgy bank accounts but don't come here saying you are Spurs when in fact you maybe In-ger-land. NO ! It's not right and it's about time Sandra reigned your neck in a touch."
    (LOL thanx to Harry Enfield & the super Spur Paul Whitehouse for inspiration for my above rant)

Peeps I give you The Self-Righteous Brothers (AKA Frank and George Doberman) . . . . ..

harry shut up  Harry_135

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 11:05

harry enfeild at hes best. what happend to him because he was so funny in the 90s.

anyway i heard harrys been offerd the job but cant say anything untill end of the season

but what gets me is nobody else is allowed to talk about england. the f a have been sending out leters to players and managers telling them not to talk about next england manager
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 16 2012, 11:13

Lought my friend this has the ghostly hand of Levy all over it . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 16 2012, 11:30

Lol REPPED Vis.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 11:44

yep see that is one thing we do have is a bloody good chairman. trust him and hes no mug.

if harry does go then he will get as much from england as possible

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 04:08