The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
hes side EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
hes side EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
hes side EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
hes side EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
hes side EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
hes side EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
hes side EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
hes side EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
hes side EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

hes side Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

hes side

hes side Empty hes side

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 12:50

Roman Pavlyuchenko warned Tottenham he would sit out the remaining 18 months of his contract and leave for nothing if they did not let him sign for Lokomotiv Moscow.
    The Russia striker, who will arrive in Moscow for a medical before finalising an £8million move, admitted that he gave Spurs the ultimatum because he feared for his chances of playing at Euro 2012.
    Spurs recently unilaterally invoked an option to extend Pavlyuchenko's contract until the end of next season, which would have made the 30-year-old eligible for British citizenship.
    'I explained that if they did not let me go now, when match practice for the European Championship is particularly important, then I would not consider a transfer in the summer,' he told Russian newspaper Sport-Express.
    'I would have worked the last year of my contract and left free of charge - especially as there would have been the additional bonus of a residence permit in England.
    'Naturally, no reasonable person would want to lose absolutely all his money on a player who joined the club for a lot of money.
    'But, as I understand it, Tottenham still negotiated till the last moments of the English transfer window, trying to find the best option for themselves.
    'Maybe (Tottenham chairman Daniel) Levy was hoping for some more offers from Europe and or English clubs - I don't know.'
    It is understood that Pavlyuchenko, who cost £13.8m when signed from Spartak Moscow in 2008, was at least offered to Newcastle, Queens Park Rangers and Everton in January.
    Lokomotiv had tried to sign him for more than a year but had always been put off by the demands of Tottenham, who at one stage demanded they turn a profit on his sale.

Super Pav: The popular Russian admits it is hard leaving his home in London
    Pavlyuchenko admits that he has some regrets over his Spurs career, saying: 'there is some disappointment from the fact that I didn't fully show myself 100 per cent.
    He added: 'Alas, three months after my arrival, instead of Juande Ramos, (Harry) Redknapp came in, and we didn't hit it off from the start.'
    The Russian also hit out at suggestions he did not commit himself fully during training. He said: 'This is total nonsense, which was in the press thanks to Redknapp, who somehow had to explain his decisions and who generally could never attend a training session and then declare that Pavlyuchenko worked badly there.
    'No, I never skive and the reason for being out of favour lies in something else.'
    Pavlyuchenko also admitted his family had been unsettled by the move away from London. And an emotional exit was compounded by the Spurs squad singing 'Super Pav' to him as a goodbye at Spurs Lodge training ground.

Clash: Pavlyuchenko was upset by Harry Redknapp's public criticism
    'You can't imagine how difficult it is to pull away my daughter, who is in the second year at a British school, already speaks well and has friends there.
    'I don't think she quite understands yet and says, "Well, I have friends in Moscow".
    'Larisa (his wife) cried a little. She really grew to love London, but there's nothing you can do.'
    'It was sad to go to the training ground to say goodbye to the lads today. They gave me a great send-off - they even sang the "Super Pav" song.
    'This part of my life, anyhow, has ended. But another begins - hopefully even more interesting.'

The striker's volatile spell in north London came to an end in suitably volatile fashion when he woke up on deadline day to stories of a training-ground bust-up with Spurs assistant boss Kevin Bond.
    But he questioned the motives behind whoever leaked the story and insists the incident was blown out of proportion.
    'There was no conflict,' he said. 'It was a normal working conversation - well, maybe a little more prickly than usual.
    'But I didn't argue with the assistant coach. Already by the next training session everything was friendly and we spoke normally.'
    Pavlyuchenko had wanted to talk about his future with his manager but appeared to be unaware of the trial at Southwark Crown Court, where Harry Redknapp denies tax evasion charges.

Stories: Bond (left) and Pavlyuchenko were rumoured to have clashed
    'In general I'm categorically opposed to events in the dressing room being put on public display,' he said. 'But, to my surprise, someone has already done it in this case, and in some muddled way.
    'In fact, I just wanted to know where was our head coach, for whom I had some questions and whom was at training just once last week.
    'And Bond said that he didn't know. That, briefly, was the essence of the conversation. We didn't swear - the rest is just gossip. I even read that we fought - people have a good imagination!'
    Lokomotiv president Olga Smorodskaya, who had tried to sign Lukas Podolski from Cologne earlier in the window, said: 'I am very glad that we finally completed negotiations for Roman Pavlyuchenko.
    'For us, this is a very good buy. I am grateful to Roman for the firmness of his decision to move to Lokomotiv. I am also grateful to the Spurs management, with whom there were two-and-a-half months of difficult negotiations, but nevertheless we came to a positive outcome.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2095109/Roman-Pavlyuchenko-gave-Spurs-ultimatum-leave.html#ixzz1piCduiJS

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:26