The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The other point of view about Redknapp.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The other point of view about Redknapp.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
anicoll5
ArnieArdiles
vis
BazSpur
9 posters

The other point of view about Redknapp.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The other point of view about Redknapp.  Empty The other point of view about Redknapp.

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:49

Just to balance things up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2012/04/spurs_run_out_of_stream_but_re.html
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The other point of view about Redknapp.  Empty Re: The other point of view about Redknapp.

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:58

What I find amazing about the above link is, the writer tells us what is not wrong but doesn't offer any information to tell us what is wrong? It's just a co-incidence is his line of thought, maybe but in fact if you read the comments further down the post there are at least posters who do come up with suggestions as to what is happening at Spurs. One of the main complaints seems to be our inactivity in the transfer market.
    vis
    vis

The other point of view about Redknapp.  Empty Re: The other point of view about Redknapp.

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:05

The problem is you only have to listen to Redknapps interviews to hear the pro-Redknapp viewpoint and woe betide anyone who disagrees with the pro-Redknapp viewpoint according to Redknapp . . . .
    (all that said though I do give him credit for the previous 2 seasons but wether that was judgement or luck on his behalf I'm not sure)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:13

Must have been luck Vis, as according to Redknapp we were "punching above our weight." Those words will most likely haunt him forever now lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:39

Harry came into the job with a decent squad that wern't very good form wise under Ramos ..

It was the best managerial job he were ever likely to get offered.

He's like the manager equivalent of Wilson Palacios , he was what was needed at the time .. He raised the players up and for a couple of seasons he done decent even though I never approved of his Crouch methods.

Once the the players fitness levels fall off , his limited tactics get found out.. Was the same last season ....
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:52

In the shadow of the valley of death - as Spuds seems to regard themselves at the present time - I think Arnie is spot on

Arry came in at a difficult time

Got a set of quite good players performing to their limit, and Arry as a manager achieved his maximum limit

And since then you have waxed and waned at our around that level

You do not have the players to achieve better than you have, take it as a wind up if you like ( and I know you like) but at times this season you have played the best football in the PL

Arry is not a manager at 65 who will get 'better'

You do not have the resources to invest £100 millin in players to really alter the quality of your side

Love the one you're with

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:37

Nic & Arnie, you both make very valid and insightfull points. What is needed is a manager who can take this group of players to the next level. Doubtless some will move on but the core will remain. Who that manager is I do not know. I have stated previously, in other threads, my preferences and hope that Levy has taken plenty of advice on who to bring in when the Redknapp era ends. I am begining to agree with what Arnie has said in another thread about a manager who will get us passing & moving being required and a system of play that the players understand & are comfertable with . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 03:20

The other point of view about Redknapp.  Get-attachment
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 03:21

LOL Lought, nice one . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 03:25

PMSL.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Apr 23 2012, 14:46

vis wrote:LOL Lought, nice one . . . . .

No it's not.

It's just another dig from the most anti Spurs excuse for a fan seen on this board or any other.

But go ahead and encourage him ........ God forbid we ever decide to engage in a bit of support for the players and management. After all, ridicule is just so much easier.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 19:44

I took it tongue in cheek ion. We still have to laugh mate. I know what you're saying about Lought and as you know I have been one of his harshest critics and will be in the future I am sure but it did make me laugh. I am sure none of us took it as anything more than that.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 01:24

so ion pops up to have a go at me but dont post on anything other post over the weekend

was that post the one that you thought was the best to reply too.

just because you thought everything was rosey at spurs and we would win every game.

so wheres your thoughts on why its all gone tits up

i heard ada and harry have had a bust up and thats why he was left out the game.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 24 2012, 01:52

Found this

Didn't really want to post this but seeing as someone else has got the ball rolling, I thought I would chip in. Was playing golf with a certain pro golfer 2 weeks ago as well a member of the spurs squad, I won't say who but lets just say he is orange (to coin a potl cryptic, hopefully easier to work out tho!!) he was very quiet on spurs at the start of the day but as it went on he did open up a bit. To quote.... He (Harry) has lost most of the dressing room, the players genuinely don't have a clue what he is going to do, and have lost trust in him, the general feeling is if he can't be honest with them about his future what future is there at present.
    Something that was said that was quite enlightening was that footballers still need motivation and a reason to want to give their all. Just because they earn a lot of money doesn't mean their mental state isn't the same as you or me. There has to be stability for the players to know who and what they are performing for, if this is not there then performance drops, just like any other job in any other walk of life.
    i took this as meaning basically although they are rich it is just a job, and to perform at your maximum you have to have a boss you can trust and rely on?

I genuinely didn't think the England matter had much to do with the slump, however I would seem to have been proved wrong.

Before anyone asks, no I didn't get anymore information about anything I pushed him enough regarding the England situation!! One postiive was that he is extremely happy with where he is, and where his son will be training in a month or so. He felt the team would come through (probably just felt he should say that).

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 02:34

yep saw that on a differnt fourum.
    so many rumores going round.

did you hear harry say the bench is weak.
    wonder how them players feel
    and harry its your bench. you sent loadso f players on loan

we not been to bad with injuries about from hudd and dawson being out most of the seaon
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 24 2012, 02:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep saw that on a differnt fourum.
    so many rumores going round.

did you hear harry say the bench is weak.
    wonder how them players feel
    and harry its your bench. you sent loadso f players on loan

we not been to bad with injuries about from hudd and dawson being out most of the seaon

Sorry Lought, but Lennon was injured, VDV has had niggles and Kaboul has missed a few games and without Dawson who only just come back from a lengthy spell out, now Kranj, Saha and cough cough Ade, couldny have come at a worse time.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Apr 24 2012, 11:32

Loughtonlegend wrote:so ion pops up to have a go at me but dont post on anything other post over the weekend

Why bother? Every negative thing possible to say about Spurs you cover for each and every one of us.

It was the one ridiculing my team so it was the one to eply to regarding my disgust at so called Spurs fans doing the ridiculing. I get enough of that from the opposition without having to stomach it from pretend 'fans' like you on a board I used to love taking part in.

just because you thought everything was rosey at spurs and we would win every game.

Don't talk like a cnut. I post on my enjoyment of a game, I post when I feel I have something worthwhile to say. Unlike you, I don't post for the sake of knocking one out because my post count is higher than anyone elses, thinking that that constitutes a positive contribution to the board.

With me, which is where they'll stay. I don't need to rack up a whinging tart diatribe at every drop in form or set back. Let's face it, you were whining like a Pussy when we were winning so nothing has changed.

i heard ada and harry have had a bust up and thats why he was left out the game.

And rumour is more than enough for you to take it as gospel, particularly if it negative about Spurs.

Congratulations, you have succeeded where trolls like Wannop didn't have a prayer, you have succeeded in convincing me to go elsewhere to post about my Spurs thanks to your unending saturation of negativity.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:43

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:so ion pops up to have a go at me but dont post on anything other post over the weekend

Why bother? Every negative thing possible to say about Spurs you cover for each and every one of us.

It was the one ridiculing my team so it was the one to eply to regarding my disgust at so called Spurs fans doing the ridiculing. I get enough of that from the opposition without having to stomach it from pretend 'fans' like you on a board I used to love taking part in.

Don't talk like a cnut. I post on my enjoyment of a game, I post when I feel I have something worthwhile to say. Unlike you, I don't post for the sake of knocking one out because my post count is higher than anyone elses, thinking that that constitutes a positive contribution to the board.

With me, which is where they'll stay. I don't need to rack up a whinging tart diatribe at every drop in form or set back. Let's face it, you were whining like a Pussy when we were winning so nothing has changed.

And rumour is more than enough for you to take it as gospel, particularly if it negative about Spurs.

Congratulations, you have succeeded where trolls like Wannop didn't have a prayer, you have succeeded in convincing me to go elsewhere to post about my Spurs thanks to your unending saturation of negativity.

Dont be hasty mate, I have a continuing battle with Loughts negativity and didnt even bother responding to the Titanic post because it didnt deserve it. The board would be worse off if we start losing members that have something interesting to say, backed up by a reasoned argument, people probably get bored on here of my eternal optimism, but I see good in most of whats been going on at Spurs this season and like it or now Harry has fallen short when we need him most, whether its because of the England fiasco or tactically his just not up to it when the going gets tough and its certainly that at the mom, so dont leave me on me own on here with my rose tinted glasses!!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 24 2012, 20:55

Echo what Dave said ion. At the risk of being called an a*se licker you are a very good poster and the board would be worse off without tour input. You still have the option to ignore Lought from your profile.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25 2012, 01:21

didnt expect that from ion.
    i have posted so many joke pics up about arsenal on my facebook page. i can dish it out and take it so i thought that pic i put up was funny.

as for me not being a spurs fan i can recal so many games i watched or been 2 so please dont insult me saying im not a spurs fan.

as for spurs losing on saturday i came on here after the game and i didnt gloat about how well adel played.
    i was sick that we again blew the chance to cement a top 4 spot because some of our players dont seem to care about the shirt and not given there all

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Apr 25 2012, 03:09

You do seem to take it a bit serious Ion

It is a forum mate

Lought sticks in his three pennethworth - you stick in your bit - I do my thing

It is meant to be a bit of light entertainment, enjoyable, occasionally informative, sometimes aggravating, sometimes the source of a bit of community

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Apr 25 2012, 16:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:didnt expect that from ion.
    i have posted so many joke pics up about arsenal on my facebook page. i can dish it out and take it so i thought that pic i put up was funny.

as for me not being a spurs fan i can recal so many games i watched or been 2 so please dont insult me saying im not a spurs fan.

as for spurs losing on saturday i came on here after the game and i didnt gloat about how well adel played.
    i was sick that we again blew the chance to cement a top 4 spot because some of our players dont seem to care about the shirt and not given there all

Bad day at the office mate and you do always seem to be able to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with me.

To be fair, I did get the feel that you were trying to be fair in your appraisal so I admit I was being rather harsh. Sorry about that.

Nic, this is my team that I have loved from as early as I can remember. The wheels are falling off somewhat and I get it in the ear from opposition fans on a regular basis, despite me NEVER having been one to gloat when things go well, I just enjoy the feeling of being a supporter of a team that is performing well. So when one of my own fans starts dishing out that kind of ridicule I tend to get a tad upset about it. You can be as impassionate and analytical as you want, but I doubt you manage to shrug off inanities from your own mob too well, especially if it goes beyond saturation point.

dj & Baz, I have no intention of leaving the board, never did. What I said was that I no longer enjoy posting here. I don't care who you are, when hit with enough negativity you will feel negative and that is how I have felt about the board for a while now. This is no disrespect to the majority of the posters here, but you've all felt it too, I can read it in the posts.

As far as Aitch is concerned, I too feel he has probably reached maximum potential. It is painfully evident that he is a novice, when compared to SAF et al, regarding squad rotation and, as a result, has depleted the effectiveness of the squad. I seriously do not hold with this belief that we have 'bigged them up' too much, the squad is more than good enough to challenge, it just hasn't been maximised, thereby keeping the majority ticking over at, or near, the top of their games. I don't think it will either, under Redknapp, so there really is only one way to go. We haven't punched above our weight as everyone in Football has recognised that we have, arguably, the third best squad in the league.

But the work ethic and mental strength are lacking, and that derives from management.

Why did I never share this before? What purpose would it serve? You've all had your say, you all believe what you will. You don't need verification from me.

I have my beliefs and I have my faith and firmly believe that your gripes, moans and negative criticisms aren't something that should be screamed out for all and sundry to see/hear. It serves no other purpose but to create the exact scenario you want to avoid. You see it on the terraces and the players feel it too so, in part, the fans have to shoulder some of the blame. Not too much though as the Spurs fans always get behind the team at kick off, it's as the game progresses that they can be found wanting. This is why I put so much emphasis on us being SUPPORTERS. The word is used but rarely understood. I've put this manner of post up before but has it ever made a difference?

Think on that and you may understand why I no longer really enjoy my time posting any more.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 25 2012, 19:12

Just read my posts then, im the eternal optimist!!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 26 2012, 05:08

It's not the despair Ion. You can take the despair. It's the hope that you can't stand. Wink
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Apr 26 2012, 05:47

I do not post much these days, but I come on here and read the post, just to keep in touch with the lads and to see what your thoughts are about our Spurs. To be honest I can not believe that posters are now slagging each other off and hurling abuse at each other because of what a posters oppinions are. No I do not go to the games anymore, I only see the occasional game on the tv, but I still love the Spurs and have some great memories of our team going back years and have been very lucky to see the geatest side that ever represented the club. There are things I would like to post about, my thoughts about Harry, our bad run, players etc, but now I find it hard to post because of what the responce to my post might be. I would like to say however that I am not happy with the way things have gone with the Spurs these past weeks, and do not feel we should be making excuses for Harry or the players, it should not just be a case of credit where credit is due, it should also be a case of giving the team and Harry some stick when they deserve it. Yes look at the positives, but also lets look at the negatives, that is what the board is for, oppinions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 19:48