The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Looks like AVB. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Looks like AVB. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Looks like AVB. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Looks like AVB. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Looks like AVB. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Looks like AVB. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Looks like AVB. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Looks like AVB. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Looks like AVB. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Looks like AVB. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
ionman34
totalytot
shearspur
anicoll5
cstmrsking
LOBO
vis
BazSpur
12 posters

Looks like AVB.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Looks like AVB. Empty Looks like AVB.

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:45

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120616/villas-boas-set-spurs-job-reports-174558

Looks like AVB. Empty Re: Looks like AVB.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:49

that is no new news
    its just saying what we already know lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:15

BBC Sport - David Moyes: Everton boss refuses to rule out Spurs move:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18473869
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:43

AVB would be a big mistake , he got owned by the players at chelski , and his tactics were terrible , he was a big flop , if this is true , i will be astounded , that we chose to go with someone that looks like frank spencer in that coat
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:50

I'm no footballing Man, but I dont ge what / Why we would go for AVB after hes spell at Chelsea, I dont get it.

What Is or Would be the case for AVB In his defence, given his spell at Chelsea?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:58

Relax lads - Daring Dan is in charge

His track record of picking winners ?

Sleep easy Wink
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:13

klinnsmans coming. could teach bale a few tricks eh.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:57

AVB didn't work at Chelski because players like Terry and Lumplard didn't want him. They were the elite at Chelski and decided they didn't want AVB there. You had players that were basically the same age as AVB. Plus The Russian Mafia Boss wanted instant success which can never work. AVB wants a dynasty, which would suit Levy and to be fair that is the best way to do it. I would give the bloke a chance first before bleating about how sh*t he will be. Typical fickle Spurs fans. He's already a failure and he hasn't even arrived.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:19

from the david moyes interview on bbc earlyer he seemed really into everton and said hes loyal so would be weird if he left them now after saying that

and if we get avb then we should give him a long contract and tell him to get on with it.

chelsea played better football under him then they do now
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jun 17 2012, 18:44

BazSpur wrote:AVB didn't work at Chelski because players like Terry and Lumplard didn't want him. They were the elite at Chelski and decided they didn't want AVB there. You had players that were basically the same age as AVB. Plus The Russian Mafia Boss wanted instant success which can never work. AVB wants a dynasty, which would suit Levy and to be fair that is the best way to do it. I would give the bloke a chance first before bleating about how sh*t he will be. Typical fickle Spurs fans. He's already a failure and he hasn't even arrived.

At the end of the day Baz you have to go by results and his falure at Chelsea was spectacular. Ask any Chelsea fan and unfortunately I have a few at work and they will tell you that his player choice and tactics were terrible.

Remember he came to them on the back of good results at Porto but there are only 2 teams in Portugal. Porto and Benfica so its not that hard to look good.

So why would you want to take a chance on somebody who has just failed in the premier.It could be he was here for 6 months then out the door and we are back to looking all over again.

Personally I wouldn't take the chance on him.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:51

Yea But AVB is so young, younger than you lought, how that make you feel , I don't get what all the hype is about him, surely it would be safer to go for a proven prem manager who has a record of keeping small teams up , like Martinez , I just don't get it if this turns out to be true .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Jun 17 2012, 20:02

Was his failure at Chelsea so spectacular ?

When he was sacked they were in fifth place in the PL

At the end of the season they finished 6th

The bloke who took over was given a two year contract

I think Roman may have had the vodka goggles on this week
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jun 17 2012, 20:13

We should give him a chance , but for me I would go for Martinez. saying that AVB would be able to keep his gob shut, that would make a nice change, not to have a media whole for a manager
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 18 2012, 01:41

AVB knows the Premier. He has a MASSIVE point to prove. No Terry, Lampard, Cech, Cole et al at Spurs in charge of the dressing room, chairman & his thought process. Had sucsess so knows how to inspire more. Young, fresh ideas and looking to re-enhance his reputation. Looks like a good match to me.
    Martinez is at a struggling team. Will he be able to handle the step up & raised expectations? OK he had a sweet run-in at the tail of last season but if he hadn't WigWam would be Fizzy Pop league next season. Moyes I just don't understand why he is being linked with us? My ITK still keeps texting me telling me to wait for Benetiz ! Please no. Pardew may be worth a look but again I'm not convinced and I'm sure I've posted similar to this elsewhere in the forum recently LOL. What will be will be . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 01:58

your right nic. plus lets be honest chelsea where very lucky go win the champions league
    they got a lot of lucky results in the league aswell
    wigan and ourselfs should of beat them and now roberto has a contract

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:04

Nobody has yet told me of the credentials that make AVB the man for us. I have already said earlier on this post why I think he is overated and would be a mistake but nobody has said why they think otherwise.

Perhaps it's because the media said he was a great manager when he went to Chelsea and everybody believes it.

He needs to go to another club and show what he can do before I want him at the lane.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:37

Would we be any better off with Martinez,Moyes or AN other? I think he has a footballing brain he does his homework on teams, something I don't think Arry did. Wasn't it VDV who said Arry doesn't do tactics? Well, excuse me but it showed. Arry had no plan B that much was evident during his time at Spurs i.e the Aston Villa game being the glaringly obvious one but there were other occasions too when his lack of tactical nous let him down. He had a penchant for bringing in overage players that's not something you will get from AVB, thank god. Levy will want the next manager to lay down the foundations for a dynasty. Arry lived for the now not the future as was evident by as I mentioned before his love of older players. And that's without even mentioning his media whoring and his slagging off of Spurs fans. Oh and let's not forget his blatant dallying for the England job and his court case and his double standards and hypocrisy. As I said before. The King is dead and he won't be resurrected. Let's move on.

Last edited by BazSpur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:43; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:40

the only game i remember harry changing things around and it worked was the stoke away game but we still lost

the one game apart from the villa game that stands out was the arsenal game at half time.
    we needed lennon on to push arsnal back and we needed bale to stay on the left to keep walcot defending.
    walcot had so much space in that game.

but harry brings on vdv to keep him happy and we end up being even worse then first half
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:49

We disgracefully threw away a 2 goal lead at the Emirates when Arsenal were allowed to get among us and Arry did nothing to change it. I know Arsenal supporters who said some of the gooner crowd left when it was 2-0 up as they couldn't see them getting back into and they thought they were on a hiding.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:51

yep he sat there with hes arms folded like what else can i do exprresssion.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:56

Plan B Lought? LOL.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:59

totalytot wrote: Nobody has yet told me of the credentials that make AVB the man for us. I have already said earlier on this post why I think he is overated and would be a mistake but nobody has said why they think otherwise.

Perhaps it's because the media said he was a great manager when he went to Chelsea and everybody believes it.

He needs to go to another club and show what he can do before I want him at the lane.

Mikey M

Mikey please see my post earlier in this thread to see why I think he is the man . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jun 18 2012, 06:55

Yes Baz you did this season Surrender a 2-0 lead

Do you remember the year before though

You were 2-0 down and getting done

Half time Arry brings on Defoe

2-1

Then gets it back to 2-2 with a spot kick

Then Arry replaces the useless Russian with Crouch

Header from Kaboul

Goal

First win against AFC since Queen Victoria was a virgin

You were calling Arry a clueless cumt then were you ?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jun 18 2012, 06:58

I think it was Arry who Pointed out on the topic of brilliant substitutions that if you were that good a manager you would have the right players on to begin with
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 18 2012, 07:10

Well, even he has to get it right sometimes. But he got it spectacularly wrong at the Scumerates this season and at Villa. Couldn't give a flying f*ck about the year before. It all went wrong this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:26