The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
MarkA249
anicoll5
vis
LOBO
BazSpur
9 posters

Tweet of the Day.

Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tweet of the Day.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16 2012, 05:27

anicoll5 wrote:Well we finished 4th and flogged em Nasri and Clichy

Then we finished 3rd - although I expect you know that

And as far as I can see Nasri was about as big a waste of money for Citeh as Ade proved - or any of you reckon he had a great season ?

I ask because I expect you will be trying to loan him soon

They still won the prem nic, with those players you sold them too ! lol.
    Guess you might have done better than 3rd or 4th if you hadnt.
    Best tell yourself though that you sold em a load of rubbish, that way it feels much better! yes ?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jul 16 2012, 05:55

They might not have had to rely on Baryon being sent off and two goals in time added on if Nasri was not such a ponce Lew

Makes you wonder doesn't it - QPR in front at Eastlands and suddenly Barton throws a fit ?

If it wasn't Joey you'd be suspicious

As it is Joey you are suspicious

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16 2012, 06:25

anicoll5 wrote:They might not have had to rely on Baryon being sent off and two goals in time added on if Nasri was not such a ponce Lew

Makes you wonder doesn't it - QPR in front at Eastlands and suddenly Barton throws a fit ?

Well i suppose it could be regarded as suspicious ? just the nature of barton i think really,
    Yeah but they still won it nic, which to me means it justified all the money they spent, because at the end of the day they had to spend so much to overhaul man utd, with the rest well in arrears points wise.
    Guess we are going off topic now !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 16 2012, 07:34

SIREN!!!!! OFF TOPIC, OFF TOPIC, OFF TOPIC.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jul 16 2012, 19:37

anicoll5 wrote:They might not have had to rely on Baryon being sent off and two goals in time added on if Nasri was not such a ponce Lew

Talking of suspicions, ex Spurs goalie that didnt get a chance at WHL, throwing a game against Arsenal that secured CL football for them, suspicions indeed.

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Mon Jul 16 2012, 20:45

Arsenal's Frimpong in Twitter trouble after 'yid' outburst

RIO FERDINAND has been joined on football's Twitter naughty step by Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong after he got embroiled in a row with a Spurs fan on the social networking site and referred to Tottenham supporters as 'yids'.

The Arsenal man's unfortunate comment came after Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand stoked the embers of the John Terry race trial over the weekend by apparently describing Chelsea and England full back Ashley Cole as a "choc-ice" - a term used to describe someone who is black on the outside and white on the inside.

Both Frimpong and Ferdinand now face the possibility of an investigation by the FA for their outbursts as the issue of racism continues to overshadow the game.

Frimpong lost his temper on Sunday after receiving abuse from a Spurs fan. The midfielder, who is recovering from a knee injury, asked his half-a-million followers to "pray" for him if they were going to church on Sunday.

However one Tottenham fan wrote back saying: "I prayed you break your arms and legs" prompting Frimpong to react by calling them a "Scum Yid".

"The post was swiftly removed by Frimpong, but soon sparked great debate on the social network site among supporters from both Arsenal and Tottenham," reported the London Evening Standard.

Perhaps seeking to justify his use of the epithet, Frimpong later retweeted a comment from another Spurs fan saying he was saddened by abuse aimed at the Arsenal player and was "embarrassed to be a yid".

The term 'yid' has long been used to describe Spurs fans because of the club's connections to the Jewish community in north London. Some fans have adopted the term, but others, including Jewish comedian David Baddiel, have campaigned against it because of its anti-Semitic connotations.

As for Ferdinand, he has tried to play down the 'choc-ice' row by insisting that the slur does not have racial overtones but is simply "slang for someone who is being fake".

Cole, too, has tried to soothe the situation by issuing a statement that claimed he and Ferdinand were "good friends". He also cut to the heart of the matter when he noted: "Tweeting is so quick it often results in off-hand and stray comments."

That is a charitable view from Cole, who was racially abused on the site after missing a penalty during England's shoot-out with Italy at Euro 2012. He has an official account on the website which has been dormant for almost a year, but it still attracts plenty of hate mail from fans of his ex-wife Cheryl Cole. ·

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/racism-sport/47991/arsenals-frimpong-twitter-trouble-after-yid-outburst#ixzz20mGJ0aiP
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jul 16 2012, 20:58

anicoll5 wrote:Bizarre away kit - you really have to wonder what spec these alleged designers are handed when you look at the results

And to be honest most clubs kits are shite nowadays - no new ideas - just the same tired themes hashed together in a dull way - not an original idea between the lot of them

Wtf is any self respecting football fan going to pay for that crap whether it has a cannon on or a chicken on a basketball ?

Personally I'd get straight round to whoever designed the Stade Francais rugby jerseys - I'd give em something to remember !!

Classic White Nic, you just don't need to mess with perfection when variance is sufficient.

It's with the away kit that the creative juices are allowed to flow................

Looks like your lot drowned in them.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jul 17 2012, 07:37

Frimpong refered to Spurs fans as Yids? Well I hope they throw the book at him. Disgraceful thing to say. How dare he. Fekin liberty taker. I hope that nice Yiddish gentleman, David Baddiel, has a very strong word or two with him about this. Oi Vay . . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jul 17 2012, 07:46

You are watching this crap as well then Vis lol

As far as Frimpong goes he is a moron - the IQ of a letterbox - I have him blocked on Twitter - life is too short
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 18 2012, 05:37

BazSpur wrote:Is the away kit a cunning plan to take advantage of teams whilst they are rolled up laughing? Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 348204

Yep, Baz 4-4-2 versus the Goons

_______________ lmao

lmao ______lmao _____ lmao _____ lmao

lmao ______lmao _____ lmao _____ lmao

___________lmao _____ lmao

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 18 2012, 06:24

Ah, sorry Arnie credit where credit is due that was ion's phrase not mine. I should have put ion wrote: Is the away kit a cunning plan to take advantage of teams whilst they are rolled up laughing? but I forgot Very Happy
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 18 2012, 06:43

BazSpur wrote:Ah, sorry Arnie credit where credit is due that was ion's phrase not mine. I should have put ion wrote: Is the away kit a cunning plan to take advantage of teams whilst they are rolled up laughing? but I forgot Very Happy

Yep seen it now Baz ...I did actually read the whole thread again before posting as well lol

Think I should join Len and have a Horlicks as my memory is going ...It's her indoors fault. Ever since she's been reading, 50 Shades Of Grey in bed, she's been having these ideas and I not been sleeping to well eyes
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 18 2012, 07:06

LOL you should be so lucky mate lol.

Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvZggMbh_amSReH78yC_4TMEtw0leY1eledbp73Yv_8dacJojYTQmd5DTlqA
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 25 2012, 20:19

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker
    Gareth Bale who pulled out of the Olympics through injury played for Spurs last night. Once in a lifetime opportunity thrown away #baffled
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 20:25

Great player Bale.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 25 2012, 21:01

You might have thought he would be interested in pitting his wits against other great players then Baz instead of performing in a set of exhibition matches in Palookaville and claiming to be injured
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 25 2012, 21:49

Must be a welsh thing, Giggs did it for years.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:49

djfitzo wrote:Must be a welsh thing, Giggs did it for years.

Tweet of the Day. - Page 2 348204
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:59

Seems a fairly stupid thing to do as the chance wont come up again - still he is a footballer I suppose

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:16