The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
anicoll5
LOBO
BazSpur
7 posters

You have to laugh, really you do.

djfitzo
    International
    International

You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 Empty Re: You have to laugh, really you do.

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 24 2012, 19:02

And what about the squad he inherited? any half decent manager
    would have been expected to achieve 4th.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 Empty Re: You have to laugh, really you do.

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:01

Conn writes an article that points out Spuds lack stability and questions exactly why Levy sacked Arry - what was the point of it as he was Spuds most successful manager in the PL era - he points out the huge risk that AVB represents

And in response Conn gets abused as a "meeja whore"

And when I point out the stupidity of that response I, in turn, I am accused of desperately search for "crumbs" to disparage your club and your chairman

seems to me that Conn has it nailed spot on - it is not him who has the illusion that Levy knows what he is doing

Come October say - that is usually the fatal month for Spuds managers - we shall see
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:23

anicoll5 wrote:Conn writes an article that points out Spuds lack stability and questions exactly why Levy sacked Arry - what was the point of it as he was Spuds most successful manager in the PL era - he points out the huge risk that AVB represents

And when I point out the stupidity of that response I, in turn, I am accused of desperately search for "crumbs" to disparage your club and your chairman

seems to me that Conn has it nailed spot on - it is not him who has the illusion that Levy knows what he is doing

Come October say - that is usually the fatal month for Spuds managers - we shall see

That we will, but Harrys success did coincide with arguably the best squad we have had at Spurs for some Years, mainly down to Levy and the previous regime.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:32

Falling on deaf ears dj. Nic only sees the negatives because he's a goon. It's the way they are brought up lol. Denounce everything Spurs and elevate everything Ar5ena1. I wouldn't mind if their chairman was anything to wrtite home about but he is doing his level best to send the goons down the drain. Is he a Yid by any chance lol?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:35

So you are predicting AVB will be gone in October? Can everyone make a note of that and if it doesn't come to pass we can all P*ss on Nic's parade.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jul 25 2012, 07:36

anicoll5 wrote:Conn writes an article that points out Spuds lack stability and questions exactly why Levy sacked Arry - what was the point of it as he was Spuds most successful manager in the PL era - he points out the huge risk that AVB represents

Is Mr Conn (merchant) a personel friend of yours Nic ? Yes I have read the article and because of it's obvious anti-Spurs tone I decieded that Mr Conn (merchant) was indeed a meeja whore. He has sold him-self so cheaply with his negativity towards all things Spurs post-Redknapp. Pre-Redknapp as well. It would seem the only period he can recall is the Redknapp era. And this from a so-called reporter, whom you said Nic, specalises in football corruption? Hmmmm ? I would suggest that Mr Conn (merchant) collates his facts better in future and takes off the rose coloured specs when he decides to "report" about Spurs in future. And why Spurs ? Why not Liverpool or Chelski ? Makes me wonder about the allegeded neutrality of this invidual and where his true footballing alligences lay? I look forward to what you, Mr Conn (merchant) and my good self have to say on this further in October. I already have it penciled in in my diary . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 08:46

I look forward to what you, Mr Conn
    (merchant) and my good self have to say on this further in October. I
    already have it penciled in in my diary . . . . .

Me too Vis. I have it on my phone calender with the alarm set to remind me the dreadful Month has come. If it comes to pass, we'll have to call him Mystic Nic.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jul 25 2012, 09:38

crystalball
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 10:10

Tick
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 25 2012, 19:40

Try reading Conn's regular contributions in the Guardian and elsewhere on line Vis instead of dismissing him as "anti Spurs" and a meeja whore

If you did read more than one of his articles then it might just open your eyes

Education education education
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 25 2012, 19:54

And as I doubt you would out in the effort Vis please find attached links Conn's output this month in the Guardian and Observer;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/19/fifa-mohamed-bin-hammam-sepp-blatter?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/16/rangers-spl-danger-financial-collapse?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/14/fa-john-terry?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/11/fifa-joao-havelange-bribes-report?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/10/manchester-united-accounts-share-offer?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/06/peter-hill-wood-arsenal-alisher-usmanov?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/05/arsenal-robin-van-persie-alisher-usmanov?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/manchester-united-debt-cayman-islands?INTCMP=SRCH

Two Manyoo Stories, two AFC stories, two FIFA stories, a Terry story, and a Rangers story.

He is what used to be known as a "journalist"
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 20:20

Not really interested in the rest of his stories Nic. They make no difference to me. He is a hack, end of. The only time I become interested is when he writes sh*t about my club. Anyway Nic, can't wait for October to see if your prediction comes to pass. Would that be the 1st of october or any time in October? Just asking.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 25 2012, 21:31

If Harry had done his job like he should've done this thread or similar wouldn't even exist .

If truth be told, this hit piece by Conn wouldn't have been written had Harry done his job like he should've done. Surrendering third place away to Villa was all the evidence we needed that, Harry the Gooner was up to no good.

Had Harry done his job, we also wouldn't have had to endure the smug Gooner on here all summer (rainy season) with his WUM posts either. Had it been his Fulop assisted team that had finished fourth and hence missed out on CL football all due to that other scummy London football club winning the big pot with their mind numbing anti football. I suspect the smug Gooner wouldn't be on here giving it.
    Smile Basketball
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:34

Nic, our pet goon. You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 286428By the way is it October yet?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 26 2012, 02:57

Nic why does Mr Conn (merchant) convinently omit the NEW CONTRACT THAT REDKNAPP WAS OFFERED after his tax evasion trial? The contract Redknapp REUSED TO SIGN. His article is anti-Spurs and when I find time in my busy schedule I will peruse the linked articles to see if his bile covers all & many or just a choosen pet hate. Maybe you too are being as blinkered as Mr Conn (merchant) in your refusal to admit to the facts? Now that is a refusal to put in any effort . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 26 2012, 03:37

Remind me Baz
    Jol ? the chop in October
    Ramos ? October
    Hoddle ? October

Santini ? 6th November

No one could accuse Daring Damiel of being inconsistent - You have to larf really

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 26 2012, 03:39

vis wrote:Nic why does Mr Conn (merchant) convinently omit the NEW CONTRACT THAT REDKNAPP WAS OFFERED after his tax evasion trial? The contract Redknapp REUSED TO SIGN. His article is anti-Spurs and when I find time in my busy schedule I will peruse the linked articles to see if his bile covers all & many or just a choosen pet hate. Maybe you too are being as blinkered as Mr Conn (merchant) in your refusal to admit to the facts? Now that is a refusal to put in any effort . . . . .

As I said Vis - you just won't do the work - preferring to cling on to your fantasy that all things Arry are evil and any criticism of your tin pot chairman is sign of a hatred of Spuds
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 26 2012, 03:40

ArnieArdiles wrote: If Harry had done his job like he should've done this thread or similar wouldn't even exist .

If truth be told, this hit piece by Conn wouldn't have been written had Harry done his job like he should've done. Surrendering third place away to Villa was all the evidence we needed that, Harry the Gooner was up to no good.

Had Harry done his job, we also wouldn't have had to endure the smug Gooner on here all summer (rainy season) with his WUM posts either. Had it been his Fulop assisted team that had finished fourth and hence missed out on CL football all due to that other scummy London football club winning the big pot with their mind numbing anti football. I suspect the smug Gooner wouldn't be on here giving it.
    Smile Basketball

No Arnie - I would just be on here about something else

bounce
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 26 2012, 05:02

No Arnie - I would just be on here about something else

Yep, sums it up nicely in my opinion. You have to laugh, really you do. - Page 2 912733
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 26 2012, 07:25

anicoll5 wrote:
    vis wrote:Nic why does Mr Conn (merchant) convinently omit the NEW CONTRACT THAT REDKNAPP WAS OFFERED after his tax evasion trial? The contract Redknapp REUSED TO SIGN. His article is anti-Spurs and when I find time in my busy schedule I will peruse the linked articles to see if his bile covers all & many or just a choosen pet hate. Maybe you too are being as blinkered as Mr Conn (merchant) in your refusal to admit to the facts? Now that is a refusal to put in any effort . . . . .

As I said Vis - you just won't do the work - preferring to cling on to your fantasy that all things Arry are evil and any criticism of your tin pot chairman is sign of a hatred of Spuds

Not at all Nic. Go back in time just a few months earlier this year and re-visit the fact that our "evil" chaiman offered Mr Redknapp A NEW CONTRACT FFS YOU SHORT SIGHTED, MYOPIC goner. Mr Redknapp ignored that offer. The Spurs chairman later decided to do away with Mr Redknapps services. That isn't inconsistency that is a proven "hard dealing" Chairman deciding enough is enough and Mr Redkanapp did not have Spurs true intrests at heart so there-fore dispenesed with the services of Mr I Want The In-Ger-Land *stroke* Chelski *stroke* any other clubs offer. I see that as the head of the club trying their best to look after the best intrests of the club. Obviously you & your chum Mr Conn (merchant) see it through red & white eyes. Now off you go and check if your's & Mr Conn (merchant) season tickets sit you both together at the recycling depot you goners call home . . .. .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 26 2012, 07:33

Done some homework and Mr Conn (merchant) alledges to supporting Citeh. Ouch that must hurt given the staunch moral stance Nic has informed us he reports with ! The pratt even thinks Ing-Ger-Land will win the world cup in his lifetime. Oh dear . . . . .

http://www.midfielddynamo.com/qa/conn_d.htm
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:01

Recycling depot PMSL.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jul 27 2012, 05:47

I do wonder what Nic would have said had it been Wenger who had p*ssed Arsenal about had he had his head turned by the French managers job, and then refused to sign a new contract because he was so sure he would get the job because he had the backing of the media, and all this after the club stood by him during his tax evasion trial. And as a result of all this while Wengers head was turned he let a, what was it 11 or 13 point lead slip over Spurs that resulted in us getting third. How would you have felt Nic. And as for this reporter slagging Levy off and saying about City, United and Arsenal being such healthy clubs is beyond me as I do not know why he has included the Arsenal in this when your top stars seem to want to leave and play for bigger clubs, is that a sign of a big club?, where they believe they will win trophies and get a huge wage. Now I know we seem to be in that position with Modric just as we was with Berbatoss when he wanted to go to United, Wenger is struggling to hold on to top players the same as us because the Arsenal like Spurs will not or can not pay the players the wages that City and United pay. I would say we are about even when it comes to how big a club we support. As for October?, well should RVP leave you might be in the position that you expect us to be in.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jul 27 2012, 07:44

Len my friend. Repped . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 27 2012, 07:57

Repped from me too Len. Great post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 15:50