The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Your oppinion on Lloris EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Your oppinion on Lloris Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
Boltjean
6 posters

Your oppinion on Lloris

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Your oppinion on Lloris Empty Your oppinion on Lloris

Post by Boltjean Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:01

In the papers today, Hugo Lloris plans to have clear the air talks with AVB despite not yet playing for the club. He is angry that AVB claimed Brad Friedel was his number one. Do you think AVB was right to say Friedel was his number one?. IMO, I can see the problem AVB has after the great perfomance by Friedel v Norwich but surely Lloris should become AVBs number one, he must get some games soon otherwise why buy him in the first place. How much longer does Friedel have as our keeper? if it is for the remainder of this season Lloris will not be happy warming the bench, he could end up wanting to leave meaning when Friedel hangs up his boots we will be back to square one, searching for another keeper. Perhaps AVB should have waited untill January before going for a keeper, after all he still has Gomes as cover for Brad.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Your oppinion on Lloris Empty Re: Your oppinion on Lloris

Post by shearspur Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:09

He should not have said anything about the keepers at all.just keep quiet and pick who he wants to.now he's just stirred up another hornets nest to deal with.when will they learn
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:12

shearspur wrote:He should not have said anything about the keepers at all.just keep quiet and pick who he wants to.now he's just stirred up another hornets nest to deal with.when will they learn

Yep, just more for the red tops to beat us and him with, thought he would have learnt from some of Harrys media faux pas

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:41

It did seem a strange thing to come out with. Maybe it's his way of firing Lloris up to really perform? I believe he should be our #1 . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:47

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, working as a pundit on French TV, said: “Brad Friedel saved Villas-Boas [in the league game against Norwich] and he owes him a form of recognition for saving the match – but it doesn’t mean he won’t play Hugo Lloris.

“When they see Lloris in training, they will understand quite quickly that they’ve got a hell of a player.

“Let’s not be dramatic, he has a guy ahead of him who’s 41 and you have to plan his replacement, and this might happen in the next 15 days or three weeks.”

Sounds right to me - Friedel MoM against NCFC imo
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:01

I think a lot of people thought that Nic and I for once I find my-self agreeing with the musings of monsewer whinger. How strange . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:02

anicoll5 wrote:Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, working as a pundit on French TV, said: “Brad Friedel saved Villas-Boas [in the league game against Norwich] and he owes him a form of recognition for saving the match – but it doesn’t mean he won’t play Hugo Lloris.

“When they see Lloris in training, they will understand quite quickly that they’ve got a hell of a player.

“Let’s not be dramatic, he has a guy ahead of him who’s 41 and you have to plan his replacement, and this might happen in the next 15 days or three weeks.”

Sounds right to me - Friedel MoM against NCFC imo

Yes, we all know he was, whats your point?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:08

My "point" is that at 41 years old and in spite of being in good form Friedel is more than likely to be eased out over the next few months - my "opinion on Lloris" is therefore that in spite of the current hiccup he is likely to be the regular Spuds keeper by Christmas.

What is your opinion on Lloris ?

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:14

So he's moving clubs then Nic? Going from Spurs to a team called Spuds? Whence forth did this rumour arise? Time to share ITK me thinks . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:24

anicoll5 wrote:My "point" is that at 41 years old and in spite of being in good form Friedel is more than likely to be eased out over the next few months - my "opinion on Lloris" is therefore that in spite of the current hiccup he is likely to be the regular Spuds keeper by Christmas.

What is your opinion on Lloris ?

French national keeper and rated by Wenger, cant be bad, no what was your point on mentioning that Friedel was mom against Norwich, you'd done that, we played poorly, he got us a point, so what?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:28

Very difficult for a manager to drop a keeper who has earned them a point and saved their bacon. Don't you agree ? Although it may be that AVB saw it differently.

I also assume that while Lloris has been off with Les Bleus Brad F has been working hard in training with AVB and the other non internationals.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 11 2012, 04:03

I, like Vis actually find myself agreeing with Wenger. As for the rumours about Lloris being unhappy? I'm not sure it isn't just media Bollox. Have we seen any quotes from Lloris? Well, I haven't. Like Nic says I think he knows the number one spot is his. So he might have to wait a little while. Is anyone telling me he is not prepared to do that? Because if not. Pack his bags now.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 11 2012, 04:06

BazSpur wrote:I, like Vis actually find myself agreeing with Wenger. As for the rumours about Lloris being unhappy? I'm not sure it isn't just media Bollox. Have we seen any quotes from Lloris? Well, I haven't. Like Nic says I think he knows the number one spot is his. So he might have to wait a little while. Is anyone telling me he is not prepared to do that? Because if not. Pack his bags now.

Also Brad said on goals on Sunday was only ever contracted as a stopgap until a younger number one was found and now we have.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 11 2012, 04:18

There you go then Dave. I think we'll put it down to Red Tops stirring it then eh?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 11 2012, 05:14

BazSpur wrote:There you go then Dave. I think we'll put it down to Red Tops stirring it then eh?

Oh yeah, the latest gem is Burnley turned down AVB because his cv was too complicated!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 05:16

yea i heard other quotes from lloris saying hes happy to wait hes time

hes not in fact missed any games yet as he couldnt play aganst norwich.

so what if brad played well aganst norwich. he sure as he didnt aganst west brom.
    having said that i would start brad on sunday and lloris aganst lazio. ease him in
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 11 2012, 05:18

Lol. You have to laugh mate. You know what I'm starting to think? No matter how well AVB does, it won't be good enough.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 05:23

Looks like the desperado's at ou press will have to find something else to moan at..

Following the outburst by Deschamps regarding Hugo Lloris and his transfer to Tottenham, Hugo speaks out.

Speaking to the press before the qualifyers Hugo Lloris is spoken out about his thoughts on his transfer to White Hart Lane, Brad Friedel and Deschamp's comments.

'I am a professional and I can put all this aside. I've heard a lot during the preparation (for France). I prepared myself for these qualifiers as well as I could with Olympique Lyon.'

'When you transfer it's not written in the contract that you have to play. At the moment, Brad is doing extremely well. He deserves to be playing and he'll continue to do so.'

So as you can see there are no concerns from our new keeper Hugo, but as always Deschamps has to try and force unwanted opinion out with the below statment on Hugo being France's no.1;

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 11 2012, 05:24

Yep, and the Arry loving Red Tops jump on it.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Sep 12 2012, 04:57

A supporter wrote an article on another board about all this Lloris not happy at being number two, and he said that if it had been Harry in charge the media probably would not have even run an article about this Lloris unhappy talk, as Harry has so many friends in Fleet Street, and he believes it is just the media trying to hammer another nail in AVBs coffin. Just about right imo. Can't wait for the weekend when AVB and the lad's hammer Reading, might shut them up for a while so AVB can get on with the job of making Spurs a force again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content