The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
We love playing under AVB"- Walker EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

We love playing under AVB"- Walker Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

We love playing under AVB"- Walker

We love playing under AVB"- Walker Empty We love playing under AVB"- Walker

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 12:58

Anyone who thinks the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas in succession to Harry Redknapp was a dangerous gamble should think again, according to the club's England full-back Kyle Walker.

Tottenham travel to Reading seeking their first Premier League win after a shaky start that has yielded just two points from three games, but Walker says everyone has been pulling in the same direction since Villas- Boas was controversially appointed Redknapp's successor, despite having been sacked by Chelsea in March.

As part of the new broom sweeping into Spurs, last week the club used their new £45million state-of-the-art training ground for the first time.
    Walker is convinced it will revive their fortunes with Villas-Boas in charge, even though the 34-year-old has a record of just three wins from his last 15 games in the top flight.

International acclaim: Walker is now and England regular
    'The gaffer has been top-class tactically and training-wise it's the hardest I can ever remember in my career,' said Walker.

'Results may not have come but it takes time to gel. Personally, I don't feel any pressure. If you feel pressure in football, you're not going to play your best. Once we put into practice what we are working on in training, we could go out and beat someone 6-0. I'm certain it will come good.'

Rumour has it that, in the last few months of Redknapp's four-year reign, some players were uncomfortable with his coaching methods - or lack of them.

And according to Walker, Villas-Boas has been a breath of fresh air.

'I was excited when he got the job. Chelsea are Chelsea, Spurs are Spurs,' said Walker, who was talking at the launch of the FIFA 13 Demo.

'There has been no bickering whatsoever. The gaffer before was very old school but it's modern- day football now. It's fast, it's quick, the tempo is frightening.'

Walker revealed how his fellow England full-back Ashley Cole played up the credentials of AVB despite the well-chronicled fallouts at Stamford Bridge.

He said: 'Ashley had nothing but positive things to say about him.

'I remember playing against Ashley when the gaffer was at Chelsea. He was incredibly difficult to mark because of the way the gaffer gets his full-backs playing.

'Jose Mourinho was known as the Special One - maybe he learned from him.'

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33951&posts=1#ixzz26K6NqCOR

We love playing under AVB"- Walker Empty Re: We love playing under AVB"- Walker

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 12:58

its good to hear some good things being said about avb
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 16 2012, 16:26

I agree Lought, it's these kind of statements that need to be seen to counter this wave of negativity surrounding AVB. Good on Walker.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:42

You can start dusting off the "Welcome Jose" banners again Lought

Seems Mourinho is suffering from his usual bout of Third Season syndrome in Madrid, and failure against Citeh on Tuesday and his bags will be packed for him. jocolor
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:49

Nic stay on thread please . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:57

'Jose Mourinho was known as the Special One - maybe he learned from him.'

I thought Jose was on topic ?

Looking at what Walker says don't you love it when players say " Personally I don't feel any pressure"

ffs son start winning a few points for your club, the fansand for your manager before you come out with that tripe

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Sep 16 2012, 22:02

Spot on Lought, it is nice to see some good reports about AVB, people who keep on knocking him are getting on my nerves. Read a report today that say's should Spurs fail to beat Reading AVB will be out the door. What must this kind of crap do to AVB's confidence, he must go out and proove those who say he can't deliver wrong.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Sep 16 2012, 22:09

God Nic, you seem to be more frustrated with our reults than we do, I am bl--dy sure you are a Spurs fan because I am certain that if the Arsenal were having the kind of run we were having I would be over the moon, not saying for bleep bleep son start winning a few more points for your club, I would be gloating. Nothing wrong with Walker's comments, good for the morale.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 16 2012, 22:18

anicoll5 wrote:'Jose Mourinho was known as the Special One - maybe he learned from him.'

I thought Jose was on topic ?

Looking at what Walker says don't you love it when players say " Personally I don't feel any pressure"

ffs son start winning a few points for your club, the fansand for your manager before you come out with that tripe

Please don't take the P*ss Nic. Yet again you tried hijacking a thread about Spurs. End of. Any-more off thread will be deleted. Thanx . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 16 2012, 22:47

Nic is turning into Burger as ion said. What is it with goons and hi-jacking Spurs threads? They do it on facebook too. Anway, yes good on Walker for coming out and dispelling the negativity that is surrounding AVB which is being stoked up by the red tops especially.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17 2012, 00:17

the press even started something up about brad and hugo about brad starting the last game but what they failed to mention was huge and dempsey sign to late to start that game.

we cant judge avb untill hes had 10/15 games and had time to use the players hes brought in.

anyway a good win today will deflect the pressure back to liverpool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:56