The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Yesterday's  Threads EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Yesterday's  Threads EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Yesterday's  Threads EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Yesterday's  Threads Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Yesterday's Threads

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Yesterday's  Threads Empty Yesterday's Threads

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 03:27

Today I got time on my hands so I thought I'd look up the various Spurs forums I have saved to my faves and just like this one, they also seem very quiet. I wonder if it's due to the fact we're playing a massive game on Saturday. Perhaps it's pre match nerves or it's simply a fact that these international weeks put us all into a comatose state, I'm not sure.

So what I've done this past hour or so is go over some of the old threads on here . Some peaches on here has to be said and some on reflection, a little Embarassed with my own input in some of them. Thought about bumping one or two of them but then thought best to leave them be. lol!

So I were just wondering if you guys ever trawl through the old threads and think , wow he changed his tune, or, did I really say that ?
    lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Yesterday's  Threads Empty Re: Yesterday's Threads

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 19 2012, 05:28

I have done in the past Arnie. Embarassed
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Oct 19 2012, 05:48

D'ya know Arnie I think it is almost superstition. I tend to, perhaps, look more closely at trends and stuff appearing on the board then some. Yup international breaks are quiet. The more general non-Spurs threads tend to be the busiest. People tend to post there rather then here just to stay in touch & keep posts going. But the forum does seem to be quiet in the week before any of the so-called "big" matches. You would think the Chelski thread would be buzzing but it is ticking along (as do a lot of match threads until an hour or so before kick-off). If the result is good or contentious it will buzz pretty much straight after the final whistle. If just a bad result it will pick up slowly. This is why I used the superstitious tag. We are football fans with our lucky shirts and pre-game oddities & such and I do think many of us have no wish to "tempt fate".
    Which leads, quite nicely to . . . . .
    As for previous posts. Oh yeah we are all human and have all posted things on hindsight that could make us blush or chuckle . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Oct 19 2012, 05:55

I did forget to add in the previous post that one thing that doesn't change is Loughts unswerving belief that Crouchinio is truly the anti-Christ . . . devil . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:25

BazSpur wrote:I have done in the past Arnie. Embarassed

LoL Baz .... it's true ...I'm looking at one or two of my posts and wondering who the feck wrote that . Shocked LoL must've been drunk
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:34

Superstitious tags Vis ...Whats yours ? .... I got a selection of Spurs Tea Mugs and the one that's on a winning streak is the one I put aside and drink any liquid out of on the day of the next game. I know it's crazy but I cant not do it . About two years now .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:49

A winning (draws count so non-losing) Spurs shirt is a shirt that isn't washed until defeat strikes. I tend to wear 'em for any game I'm watching. On just before K.O then take off soon after the final whistle so they don't get too smelly lol. At the mo it's the 10/11 home shirt which now hasn't seen the inside of the washing machine since the end of August. Drives Mrs Vis bonkers but she smiles sweetly and allows me my little foibles . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 19 2012, 17:26

When Arry was manager I used to text COYS to my Daughter because the first time I did we won, so I carried on. At the beginning of this season I text her and we lost to Newcastle, so I didn't after that and we went on our run of form. So tomorrow I won't text Coys lol, Crazy aint it? As if what we wear or what I text makes any difference. Superstitions eh?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 17:57