The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
DJSR
SuneJim
BazSpur
vis
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Nov 04 2012, 23:42

if we played decent and lost you can hold your hands up but in 10 games we had as much penertration as a nun. cant kill teams off which always comes back to haunt you.
    comparing avb to aryys loses . least in arrys team they had a go. players look sh*t scared no movement no risks taken. this will get ugly next few weeks points dried up fans getting p*ssed off. i was willing to cut avb some slack but even so soon into prem this only going end one way.rant over.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

Post by Boltjean Mon Nov 05 2012, 02:08

I would like to know Mark how you know AVB does not have the backing of a majority of the fans, and also when the vote took place?. You also seem to be putting down our result at United, I can not believe that, yes at the end we were lucky, but ask any Arsenal supporter after there result yesterday if they would rather have lost or had the luck we had in the second half of our game with United and won, I know what they would say. I think those that do not back him are Harry fans, and can not get over the fact he has gone. I was a big Jol fan, it took me a while to get over his sacking, but I got over it. I do not agree with sacking managers every season or two. As Baz said, Bill Nicholson did not have a great start with us, but it was a bl--dy good job today's Spurs supporters were not around in the 60s because we would not have had the success this club had while he was our manager. I think it took Fergie three seasons before he started to win over the fans, he really struggled, again if those fans of United had been anything like our supporters of today they would not have ruled the premiership all these years. Should we beat City and Arsenal I will be very pleased. I do not care how many times they hit the woodwork, how unlucky they were to lose, or how lucky we were to win a win is a win, how many times in the past have we played well and lost?, playing well does not get you points, every club has to have some luck to get a result.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 05 2012, 03:00

At the game yesterday they was chants of u dont know what your doing i just dont rate the guy simple as yes its only 10 games in but as Rocket said no penetration hardly but getting outplayed by Wigan is not good enough

Quote from AVB It’s a team that play in a system that’s different to most other teams,” he added. “We had difficulties setting up against them and putting them under pressure.
    why dont u have scouts ?

And as for the Utd result yes of course im glad we won there but people are making out hes God cause we won at Old Trafford them games dont dertimine the season its beating the not so good teams that do

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 03:20

we didnt always had a go at teams under harry.
    we just lay down and died in the big games.
    harry record last season aganst the top 4 teams was dreadfull add to the fact our collapse the last 2 season about jan and feb time and letting 13 points slp and thats with a so called easy run of games we had left.

take of the goggles and support the team instead of booing them are we really will drop down the league and lose our top players
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 05 2012, 03:25

Lought your a hypricite u really are last season u slagged off the team more than any body now cause we got rid of Arry we are the best thing since sliced bread
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 03:41

I don't think Wigan were better than us, For a start our possession was better from what I remember. Our biggest problem was our penetration and we couldn't score. Mark, you would be better off saying all this when we have all our players back. At the moment the team is weak by comparison to what AVB has at his disposal when everyone is fit.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 05 2012, 03:55

Fair enough Baz ive heard other peoples comments and Opnions each to there own we could argue till the cows come home but we support the same team everybody shows it in different ways im not going to say anything more on AVB ive said what i feel if it comes back bites me on my fat a*se the so be it lol!

onwards and upwards COYS
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 04:00

That's how all discussions and debates should end mate. COYS TTID CSWY.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 04:06

lets all laugh at liverpool lol they only won 2 games all season and 1 0 down to the magpies lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 04:08

And the are still showing faith in Rodgers. His problem is they have no strikers. Anyway, we digress.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 05 2012, 04:10

The have dominated again they just cant score only times the have played crap was against Scum that Stirling is going to be class

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 04:57

didnt we dominate newcastle at there place and should of won

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:08

http://windycoys.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/analysis-of-goal-conceded-against-wigan.html
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 07 2012, 06:13

I have seen highlights now, and this may be sour grapes but, Friedel looked like he was impeded by a Wigan player. Still you can't change things like that so onwards & upwards to the next game . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 07:50

he still should of pushed it over. but wtf was galas doing. what worrys me is in our last 2 home games we let in 5 goals yet brad and billy and maybe even walker shouldbe dropped. lloris and dawson should be playing or even bring jan back at center back and play naughton

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 03:21