The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
vis
shearspur
cstmrsking
djfitzo
MarkA249
9 posters

AVB

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

AVB Empty AVB

Post by MarkA249 Wed Nov 21 2012, 05:58

theSPURSinsider‏@theSPURSinsider

#AVB was told today, he effectively has 3 games to save his job. However from what I understand, defeat to WUFC will not be tolerated...

@theSPURSinsider

...and any repeat of the WAFC performance will end in the termination of his contract.... I also understand these talks were not
    ...were not planed prior to the Arsenal game on Saturday. Daniel and the board have obvious concerns and will act accordingly

this guy does seem to be spot on he was right with our signings in the summer and he said the teamnews at about 10/am on saturday

AVB Empty Re: AVB

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 06:09

what a load of Bollox. we cant afford to sack him it would cost a fortune

anyway take a look at this

AVB 61275_3965071852786_584810373_n

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 07:28

MarkA249 wrote:theSPURSinsider‏@theSPURSinsider

#AVB was told today, he effectively has 3 games to save his job. However from what I understand, defeat to WUFC will not be tolerated...

@theSPURSinsider

...and any repeat of the WAFC performance will end in the termination of his contract.... I also understand these talks were not
    ...were not planed prior to the Arsenal game on Saturday. Daniel and the board have obvious concerns and will act accordingly

this guy does seem to be spot on he was right with our signings in the summer and he said the teamnews at about 10/am on saturday

Thanks for that mark, its sad but probably true.
    Guess freund could be made boss on a temporary basis.???
    Freund is a better bet for us.
    Seen all this before and levy wont tolerate fools, avb is confirming what i for one knew, that levy is on his own mission, what a hero he would have looked if avb had been a sudden success, lamb to the slaughter though in reality........poor f*cker !
    Levy knows f*ck all about anything but making money.
    Wish he would f*ck off.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 07:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:what a load of Bollox. we cant afford to sack him it would cost a fortune

My comment is....i want avb gone, nothing will change while spurs are under his management.

I am fed up with excuses for him, wait for injured players to come back, like ekotto, parker and all will rescue him...... blah blah blah !

Failure at chelsea and failed at spurs....useless !

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 07:49

Freund whats he done to ever warrent being our boss even if it is a caretaker roll.
    lets be honest we loved the guy because he gave hes all but he was rubbish.

did you know when avb left chelsea they was 3rd.
    remind me where they finnised again.
    they got so lucky winning the champions league.

avb got the sack at chelsea because the lumpard drogba terrys wanted him out because he was brought in to get rid of the old guard.

10games is hardly long enought for a manager and having loads of first team players out is a valid excues
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 21 2012, 07:59

Mr Plums. wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:what a load of Bollox. we cant afford to sack him it would cost a fortune

My comment is....i want avb gone, nothing will change while spurs are under his management.

I am fed up with excuses for him, wait for injured players to come back, like ekotto, parker and all will rescue him...... blah blah blah !

Your entitled to you opinion Lew, but they are valid points regarding missing players, I was there Saturday and but for Adebayor we would have won the game or is being down to 10 men just another excuse, you didn't want AVB, that much is obvious, so when he goes, as it seems the lynch mobs will get their way again and we can get back to being mid table and changing our managers like underpants.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:05

djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

Your entitled to you opinion Lew, but they are valid points regarding missing players, I was there Saturday and but for Adebayor we would have won the game or is being down to 10 men just another excuse, you didn't want AVB, that much is obvious, so when he goes, as it seems the lynch mobs will get their way again and we can get back to being mid table and changing our managers like underpants.

You guys make every excuse for him, look at yourselves, hoping that everything will change, every game is another start, another new dawn, another new hope, after so many games into a season that started in august and is now deep in november.
    The ongoing theme that he will come good when he has certain players back is pretty well ridiculous, he hasnt a clue.
    Its damage limitation dj, get rid of this idiot before he f*cks up the whole season, if he hasnt already.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:Freund whats he done to ever warrent being our boss even if it is a caretaker roll.
    lets be honest we loved the guy because he gave hes all but he was rubbish.

did you know when avb left chelsea they was 3rd.
    remind me where they finnised again.
    they got so lucky winning the champions league.

avb got the sack at chelsea because the lumpard drogba terrys wanted him out because he was brought in to get rid of the old guard.

10games is hardly long enought for a manager and having loads of first team players out is a valid excues

Its enough for me lought, freund will bring in defensive qualities that the idiot avb hasnt a clue about.
    What about bale being saved for the second half to take on tired defenders, has it ever entered avb,s head ?
    This team needs a radical shake up, avb will go on blundering through the season until levy outs him.
    Scratch this season out lought, its a waste of time.
    I dont blame avb, levy appointed him because of course he knows best...lol.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:17

scrape it when other teams look averge aswell
    look at chelsea when was the last time they won and kept a clean sheet.
    man u look averge. so do the goons.

when we get kaboul ekotto and others back we will be a better team.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:30

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

You guys make every excuse for him, look at yourselves, hoping that everything will change, every game is another start, another new dawn, another new hope, after so many games into a season that started in august and is now deep in november.
    The ongoing theme that he will come good when he has certain players back is pretty well ridiculous, he hasnt a clue.
    Its damage limitation dj, get rid of this idiot before he f*cks up the whole season, if he hasnt already.

What and be left with Freund who has no experience at all or perhaps bring Harry back who thinks we should be grateful and not expect too much, AVB has shown more passion for our club than Harry did in nearly4 seasons.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:43

How did Harry do in his first 10 Games?

How did MJ do in his first 10 Games?

Is Passion always enough?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 09:51

cstmrsking wrote:How did Harry do in his first 10 Games?

How did MJ do in his first 10 Games?

Is Passion always enough?

Kingy my old friend, have a rep !
    Brilliant.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:05

Why does Harry always get brought up to be slagged off .its Avb who's being questioned, people always deflect into Harrys mistakes never remember how far he brought us forward.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:21

PMSL 12 games gone,8th place, 6 points off 4th, a possible 87 more points to collect and it's time to sack the manager? We are worse then fekin arsenil fans! No backlash like this when we lost 0-1 at home to Wigan last season. No backlash when arsenil tonked us 5-2 last season but this year because it's a new, young manager the knives are drawn. How dare we look to the future when we can wallow in the past? How dare we hope for anything better. As a previous manager once said. Your Spurs and you should know your place. No wonder the once beautiful game is in danger of eating it's-self. It's all about the money my boys. Oh you've got to pick a pocket or two . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:32

i thought harry did well in hes first 2 seasons. the 2 after ended up being a let down.
    we limped to 5th then last season threw away 13 points lead after being 2 0 up aganst the scum.

have a rep vis
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:41

shearspur wrote:Why does Harry always get brought up to be slagged off .its Avb who's being questioned, people always deflect into Harrys mistakes never remember how far he brought us forward.
    Shear mate, not slagging Harry off, I'm just asking the question to make a comparison on how he done on his first 10 Games compared to AVB.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:43

Was Chelseas decision to sack AVB for RDM Correct?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:49

nope because there league postion was the worst its been since 2003.

rdm got lucky with the cups but they been lucky and averge in the league for a long time
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:52

No I didn't mean your post kingy, just in general, every time Avb getsquestioned some bring up the bad points Harry had rather than finding answers to avbs short comings.seems his good stuff is soon forgotten.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:52

Thanx for the rep Lought.
    This is a throw back to the Hunters V the Jolers debate (AVBers V Knappers?). Whoever is in charge at OUR club there will always be a divided opinion. Some wanted Mourhinio. I didn't. My first choice was Ancelotti, but that was me. I was happy with AVB getting the job. So far he is working with players that Levy & previous managers have signed. My feeling is we should judge him 18 months, at least, into the job and when he has the players he wants from current stock & fresh that can do what he wants. Last season was freaky with getting 4th and Chelski nicking the last CL spot. Again my opinion is that Redknapp had gone as far as he could with his old fashioned management style. Just my opinion. We will judge AVB against Redknapp as we judged Redknapp against Ramos, against BMJ (not Santini though lol) against Hoddle against Pleat against Graham against Francis until we get to Sir Bill And Burky. As fans some of us will never be satisfied but we have to "make do" with what we have and if some call for immediate change then fair play. Throw a name into the hat for discussion but right now we have a manager who we have . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:57

shearspur wrote:No I didn't mean your post kingy, just in general, every time Avb getsquestioned some bring up the bad points Harry had rather than finding answers to avbs short comings.seems his good stuff is soon forgotten.

Shear this ain't a dig mate but please lets discuss the short-comings. This is a subject that divides us as fans in the same way left & right wing politics can divide. C'mon mate let's open this up for frank & healthy debate . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 21 2012, 11:20

If I'm honest vis I didn't want Abba at the start, as you know I wanted Harry to stay , but he's gone and I'm not even questioning avb .its just everyone this debate opens up it brings out all the Harry knockers telling us all his bad points.well his good stuff certainly outweighs his bad ten fold IMO. I'm not panicking yet about avb but let's see if he can match Harrys record, the good bits.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 21 2012, 11:22

Abba ? = avb lol .sorry I'm on phone texting Pp
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 21 2012, 11:29

Arry did do some good things of that there is no doubt. I just think AVB can take us places Arry never could. By the way I read today that AVB has as many points now as Harry had this time last season and with a weakened team Can't be that bad then surely?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 21 2012, 11:35

wouldn't say its been a great start, but like I said I'm not panicking yet. Think the boo boys will be out Sunday though if it goes pear shaped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 11:57