The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
vis
shearspur
cstmrsking
djfitzo
MarkA249
9 posters

AVB

djfitzo
    International
    International

AVB - Page 2 Empty Re: AVB

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 21 2012, 18:45

shearspur wrote:No I didn't mean your post kingy, just in general, every time Avb getsquestioned some bring up the bad points Harry had rather than finding answers to avbs short comings.seems his good stuff is soon forgotten.

Shear, that's because the argument was, why fix what wasn't broken, ie Harry. throwing a 13point lead and bringing on Parker instead of Defoe at Villla when a win would have guaranteed CL and the players weal craved for, Hazard has already said that if Spurs had got CL he would have come to us, no one is disputing what Harry had done at the club, but I still maintain he had a very good squad to droit with.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:54

Looking at the differing views on this subject, its plain to see that some of us didnt want to see the club lose that progress we made under harry, and for me that was the threat with a new man in place.
    I think also to say we had come as far as we could under harry is a silly statement, for the following reasons and these i have pointed out before.
    The club doesnt have the funds to match what clubs like man city and man utd pay in wages, and as is quite rightly pointed out earlier, the best players go where the best money is, thats human nature.
    But we could overtake the likes of arsenal.
    Harry nearly did that last year, but it was the england job that caused the blip , then picked up again when hodgson got the job.
    No one is right and no one is wrong in the differing views on this subject, some of us wanted the progress to go on, or maintained, some saw the change as justified because of the balls up of things last year.
    Personally, i blame levy for upsetting the apple cart, what other chairman would have done what he did after the riches that came in from the cl 2 seasons back.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:23

Personally, i blame levy for upsetting the apple cart, what other chairman would have done what he did after the riches that came in from the cl 2 seasons back.

Exactly Lew, Harry blew it, took his eye off the ball at a crucial time of the season and when he did have the chance to redeem himself, he was not brave enough at Villa and relied on Cheatski losing the CL final, which was a risk as they had already fluked their way out of the group stage and bored the quarters and semis against Barca and was lucky in the final, all would have been irrelevant had we not lost a 13 pint lead and at least tried at Villa by brining on Defoe instead of Parker.
    Apart from Cheatski, where more experienced managers had been ousted by the older players then AVB, AVB had learned under Bobby Robson and Mouhrino and won his league and the Europa cup, left Cheatski in a higher position than RDM finished and now his luck has run out, RDM has been sacked. Give AVB a chance to prove what a brave, tactically astute manager he can be, because as sure is eggs is eggs, someone else will benefit if we sack him now.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:15

djfitzo wrote:Personally, i blame levy for upsetting the apple cart, what other chairman would have done what he did after the riches that came in from the cl 2 seasons back.

Exactly Lew, Harry blew it, took his eye off the ball at a crucial time of the season and when he did have the chance to redeem himself, he was not brave enough at Villa and relied on Cheatski losing the CL final, which was a risk as they had already fluked their way out of the group stage and bored the quarters and semis against Barca and was lucky in the final, all would have been irrelevant had we not lost a 13 pint lead and at least tried at Villa by brining on Defoe instead of Parker.
    Apart from Cheatski, where more experienced managers had been ousted by the older players then AVB, AVB had learned under Bobby Robson and Mouhrino and won his league and the Europa cup, left Cheatski in a higher position than RDM finished and now his luck has run out, RDM has been sacked. Give AVB a chance to prove what a brave, tactically astute manager he can be, because as sure is eggs is eggs, someone else will benefit if we sack him now.

I thought we were giving him a chance, ??????
    Its funny how after each match we have views on here saying that avb should have played this one or that one, or done this or that, but harry not doing what some think he should have done against villa justifies the sack...lol thats double standards to me.
    By the way, werent villa fighting near the bottom of the prem at the time ? those games are always the hardest.

What i want to see is gallas dropped for dawson, i greeted the signing of gallas when harry got him, because i thought he had at least one good season to give us, but he,s past it now, and its his 3rd season for us.
    I would like to see carroll given more chances, and bale saved for second half marauding, maybe lennon too.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:27

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Personally, i blame levy for upsetting the apple cart, what other chairman would have done what he did after the riches that came in from the cl 2 seasons back.

I thought we were giving him a chance, ??????
    Its funny how after each match we have views on here saying that avb should have played this one or that one, or done this or that, but harry not doing what some think he should have done against villa justifies the sack...lol thats double standards to me.
    By the way, werent villa fighting near the bottom of the prem at the time ? those games are always the hardest.

What i want to see is gallas dropped for dawson, i greeted the signing of gallas when harry got him, because i thought he had at least one good season to give us, but he,s past it now, and its his 3rd season for us.
    I would like to see carroll given more chances, and bale saved for second half marauding, maybe lennon too.

You said you wanted him gone Lew, thats not giving him a chance.
    I think it was more the losing of a 13 point lead over our nearest rivals for 3rd spot than the Villa game and regardless of their league position and us being down to ten men, for some reason they was hanging on for a draw.
    Of course there are still some issue with AVB with regards to selections and I think we are all mystified by why Gallas is played over Dawson when Caulker couldnt make it against the filth. I would say that he is showing faith in young Tom, he would have to pitch him in like he did with only having 10 men. Seriously Lew, I think slowly but surely he is getting it right, you cant legislate for a sending off and its no good saying that Citeh did it with ten men, they have 25 class players to call on, we dont.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 22 2012, 01:16

MarkA249 wrote:theSPURSinsider‏@theSPURSinsider

#AVB was told today, he effectively has 3 games to save his job. However from what I understand, defeat to WUFC will not be tolerated...

@theSPURSinsider

...and any repeat of the WAFC performance will end in the termination of his contract.... I also understand these talks were not
    ...were not planed prior to the Arsenal game on Saturday. Daniel and the board have obvious concerns and will act accordingly

this guy does seem to be spot on he was right with our signings in the summer and he said the teamnews at about 10/am on saturday

LOL @ act accordingly .

I thought after Alan Sugar, so long as the new people had got half a football brain between them, then we'd be alright . If theSpursinsider speaks the truth, it is they Levy the board themselves that should go.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 22 2012, 01:19

Guys, why are so many of you posting replies without quotes?

Makes for much harder in following the thread.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 03:26

ArnieArdiles wrote:Guys, why are so many of you posting replies without quotes?

I,ll do a quote arnie, of myself " f*ck off levy " " and take that portugese idiot with you "
    That ok....lol ?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 03:38

AVB had learned under Bobby Robson and Mouhrino and won his league and the Europa cup, left Cheatski in a higher position than RDM finished and now his luck has run out, RDM has been sacked. Give AVB a chance to prove what a brave, tactically astute manager he can be, because as sure is eggs is eggs, someone else will benefit if we sack him now.

Dont know what he learned dj, because it sure isnt doing us any good ?
    So its just luck now ? lol.
    If he is so tactically aware, why didnt he know that wengers teams go for it second half ?
    The answer is, that he isnt any good.
    Levy is and probably feels a right mug now, and i would guess he is a control freak, and thought he knew best when sacking a bloke who had taken us to new heights.
    Not saying bring back harry, but sack this bloke to avoid damage limitation, put freund in temporary charge.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 22 2012, 03:53

Mr Plums. wrote:

AVB had learned under Bobby Robson and Mouhrino and won his league and the Europa cup, left Cheatski in a higher position than RDM finished and now his luck has run out, RDM has been sacked. Give AVB a chance to prove what a brave, tactically astute manager he can be, because as sure is eggs is eggs, someone else will benefit if we sack him now.

Dont know what he learned dj, because it sure isnt doing us any good ?
    So its just luck now ? lol.
    If he is so tactically aware, why didnt he know that wengers teams go for it second half ?
    The answer is, that he isnt any good.
    Levy is and probably feels a right mug now, and i would guess he is a control freak, and thought he knew best when sacking a bloke who had taken us to new heights.
    Not saying bring back harry, but sack this bloke to avoid damage limitation, put freund in temporary charge.

Sorry mate, I disagree, his been doing this with one arm tied behind his back, his first choice midfielder was Moutinho and according to Levy (ahem) it was a third party problem, he then got given a disinterested forward in Dempsey and then been deprived of the core of the team that dear old Harry done so well with, Parker,Kaboul,Benny and most of the first 12 games without Adebayor and the one decent player we bought, Dembele has been out for 5 games, AVB is not a magician.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 22 2012, 04:51

Mr Plums. wrote:

I,ll do a quote arnie, of myself " f*ck off levy " " and take that portugese idiot with you "
    That ok....lol ?

Well that's not what I had in mind Lew lol

Talking of quotes , I'm sure in the past you thought Harry and Jol clueless when we've not swept all opponents aside?

Out of interest, did you ever call for Harry to be sacked? I know I did but that were in the summer months before a ball had been kicked. I felt we were right for a step up from the run around a bit two summers ago.

I'm pretty sure Harry felt your wrath when things were not going to well and recall you having heated debates with Ion about him?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 22 2012, 05:39

So now you want AVB sacked Lew? I thought you were saying you didn't want him sacked a little while back for the sake of continuity. So, we lose to The Scum and now you want him sacked? Back to the same question then Lew. Who do we get to replace him?
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Nov 22 2012, 06:05

theSPURSinsider‏@theSPURSinsider

I'll reiterate. NO one wants to sack anybody - but the next 3 games will go a long way to determine his long term future. #THFC #ITK

I don't have an agenda or a dislike for #AVB. I do however, have a love for #THFC and access to information not known by the majority #ITK

Told #Lloris, #Carroll and #Adebayor all start. No #Dembele but ready for WHUFC - I told you that days ago- remember!? #
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 22 2012, 06:09

ITK's? Sometimes get it right sometimes don't. About 50-50 in my view. Levy is to give AVB 20 Mill for the Jan window is all over newsnow tonight. I don't believe anything until it's on the official website. However, I think we all speculate.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 06:32

why would levy tell people how much we have to spend. he dont work like that.

as for avb he went for it aganst the goons and they hit us on the break.
    harry last year at 2 2 at half time and hes team talk with vdv modric king ekotto ade.
    what happend there. we got trully stuffed and played worse with 11men and harry could not see we needed lennon on at half time but brought on vdv who was invisible.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 06:34

oh the wonderfull harry not got the chavs job lol
    oh well qpr job for him lol
    no big club wants him

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 07:47

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

That ok....lol ?

Well that's not what I had in mind Lew lol

Talking of quotes , I'm sure in the past you thought Harry and Jol clueless when we've not swept all opponents aside?

Out of interest, did you ever call for Harry to be sacked? I know I did but that were in the summer months before a ball had been kicked. I felt we were right for a step up from the run around a bit two summers ago.

I'm pretty sure Harry felt your wrath when things were not going to well and recall you having heated debates with Ion about him?

Hi Arnie, no i never called for harry to be sacked, because i knew he was doing a good job.
    As for big mart, i remember posting on the old aol forum...."all we are saying, is give jol a chance " lol

When levy got harry in i thought, here we have a man who knows the english game through and through, and another plus was nifty little signings, not always good ones, but you have to admit that signings like parker are harrys trademark, take a player nearing 30, and harry will get the best out of him.
    I feared for the club when all the england stuff was going on, i thought it could only happen to spurs when we were going great guns.....then it went tits up.
    Even then i wanted him to stay in charge.
    I know a lot of you didnt like what was happening in the media with harry, or his idiot slur, but maybe he didnt want people telling him how to do his job ? would you ?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 07:54

BazSpur wrote:So now you want AVB sacked Lew? I thought you were saying you didn't want him sacked a little while back for the sake of continuity. So, we lose to The Scum and now you want him sacked? Back to the same question then Lew. Who do we get to replace him?

Hi Baz, well sacked is a strong word, and maybe i used it a bit strongly, but i hate losing to the scrotums.
    Avb, has to get it right, he will decide his own fate, not us, he has to get the players working, and getting tactics right.
    If he was sacked, i can see levy putting freund in temporary charge, maybe for what is left of the season at the time.......!
    We all want this bloke to succeed baz, i have nothing against him, i just dont think he has it in him.
    I dont know why i feel like that, i just do, i cant explain it, i have zilch confidence in andre.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Nov 22 2012, 08:58

OK my two-penarth worth is AVB still does not know his best team. He knows how he wants to play and that is possibly why Gallas plays. Gallas has always read the game well. There are injuries to players that AVB might see as pivitol in any team he wants to start. Dembele for example. The tactics against the goners in the 2nd half were as brave as any by a Spurs manager in a long time. I thought he would go for damage limitation but instead he chased the game. I was disappointed in the games against WBA & Norwich when he tried to defend a 1-0 lead but he seems to have learnt from that but we won't know from sure until we are 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go. He is a young manager learning his trade still to an extent. He is also learning about the players he has at his disposal. He will make mistakes, every manager does at some time. If he learns from his mistakes and turns them to our advantage then full credit to him. The time to judge him is when he has at least a seasons worth of knowledge of Spurs under his belt . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 09:04

Fair comment vis !
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Nov 22 2012, 22:49

BazSpur wrote:ITK's? Sometimes get it right sometimes don't. About 50-50 in my view. Levy is to give AVB 20 Mill for the Jan window is all over newsnow tonight. I don't believe anything until it's on the official website. However, I think we all speculate.

20 mil Baz what does that get us today, Dempsey and Sig ?

It certainly wont get us Mountinio even if he wanted to come or Llorente or Damio.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Nov 22 2012, 23:19

I said from day one as you know that I didn't want AVB and didn't believe he was the answer.I thought he came with an inflated CV based on success in Portugal where they have just 2 teams.

However he's here now and it just has to work we can't keep playing musical chairs....although it works for Chelsea, 10 trophies ,including CL since Abramovich took control with 8 managers.

I don't think you can keep harping on about injuries. I think the CD has enough choices without worrying about Kaboul and although I think Parker is a great influence on the game as he showed last season Sandro has been arguably our best player or at least most consistent.

Going back to choices I agree with Vis I would have wanted Ancelloti as my first choice. I would also have been happy with Moyes. All this bolloxs about his style of play is rubbish the man has done wonders with no money. Give him a bigger more ambitious club and I think the man will fly. In fact I expect him to be the next United boss.
    Getting back to AVB and talking about United, it's common knowledge that ferguson was on the brink of the elbow and virtually one game away from it when he won a cup game and went on to lift the cup, the rest as they say is history.

I don't expect AVB to do a Fergie, in fact I don't expect him to do anything. We are already out the CC and unless we win tonight probably out of the Europa league but he has to stay at the very least til the end of the season and possibly another year to see if he really has it to make us a real force and win things.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 00:39

now people or saying porto in a weak league lol
    he still won the trophy. cant rememebr other managers winning it. and ye he had a good sqaud but harry had a better sqaud and won nothing.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 23 2012, 00:40

However he's here now and it just has to work we can't keep playing musical chairs....although it works for Chelsea, 10 trophies ,including CL since Abramovich took control with 8 managers

Maybe the gazillions of pounds to buy the best players around had something to do with it Mikey, cos before the Russian gangster arrived they were getting no mor than about 15000 crowds.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 29 2012, 20:49

I don't think you can keep harping on about injuries.

Well heres a little stat for you, not lost when Dembele has started and last two games he featured, we have won both, thats just one player, then we have played all season without a recognized left back, throw in Kaboul and Parker, so injuries is not making an excuse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 12:00