The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
seebee1944
MarkA249
LOVELOVEROCKET
BazSpur
Maximus
vis
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Empty Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 02:26

Jan Verthonghen said "Obviously we want to do well this season and I'm confident we still will, but it's not just about this season. The club has invested in new players and a fantastic new training centre, plus we have some really talented youngsters here.

"We are putting things in place for the future and I'm sure we will be regularly competing to finish in the top three or four, maybe higher, who knows? What I do know is that I'm optimistic for the future and I'm really happy to have made the decision to sign for Spurs."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/180666.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Graham Roberts said "I've changed my mind" !

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/121127/roberts-tottenham-players-are-positive-about-villas-boas-186267?

Well it seems like the current players and old legends too are behind AVB ....

Give me a WOOHOO if you're too
    woo hoo : lmao
    vis
    vis

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Empty Re: Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:19

woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo
    Pride
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:21

dustbin
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:47

Maximus wrote: dustbin

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Oyster-card

For Max to

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Th?id=H.4950487441080646&pid=15
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:53

vis wrote: woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo
    Pride

Gotta be down with the AVB . woo hoo

With what he has to cope with, injuries , the loss of talented players due to selling them on or retirement , BOO BOYS, pro Harry anti AVB press , to be where we are in the league table is
    fantastic trifik smashing

woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:10

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO 959550 Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO 959550 Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO 959550 Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO 959550 Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO 959550
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:18

Did you listen to Graham Roberts on the link Baz ?

He really has U-turned regarding AVB as he said some derogatory things about AVB at the start of the season such as him being, out of his depth, Levy is swapping a vintage Rolls Royce(Harry)for a new Kia (AVB) , or something like that etc
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:20

Not yet Arnie. I will in a little bit.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:33

Just listened to it Arnie. Yep, he has changed his mind and I think and hope there will be a lot more doubters who will change their minds over the season.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:45

Rolls Royce driven by the nouveau riche & pretentious. And AVB a Kia? Hmmm. Automotive wise I would link AVB with a Transit van. Nice but classic styling. Works well & does the job you want . . . . .

woo hoo
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:47

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Maximus wrote: dustbin

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Oyster-card

For Max to

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO Th?id=H.4950487441080646&pid=15

lmao

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 06:10

its about time roberts changed hes mind. he was getting on my nerves how negative hes been about avb
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Fri Nov 30 2012, 06:55

best to judge avb at end of season not 13 games in.
    europa could be is downfall plying strong teams and risking injury we dont get top 6 what then fans will wont him out. its a results business plain and simple....
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Nov 30 2012, 06:59

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:best to judge avb at end of season not 13 games in.
    europa could be is downfall plying strong teams and risking injury we dont get top 6 what then fans will wont him out. its a results business plain and simple....

Couldnt put it better myself thats what i got told when i was slagging him off 13 games is too early so will give him to end of season if he lasts that long
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 07:17

Quite right guys. Let's see what next May brings. But all the same I'm giving it a woo hoo . . . . .

Last edited by vis on Fri Nov 30 2012, 07:19; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 07:18

hes already lasted longer then rdm. plus we have not been able to put our first team out and yet we still above the goons. not bad for a manager thats been here 5 mins and had no pre season with the new players.

how long has wenger had to build a new team when in truth they are further away from winning the league then ever before
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Fri Nov 30 2012, 07:28

i think none of the new signings was bought by avb but levy. is levy going be pulling all the strings in jan as well. avb needs to prove to himself more than to us fans he can hack it in the premier league.
    when he moulds the team into what he wants is players he buys not levys... or is avb going be levys puppet till levy gets bored ......
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Dec 01 2012, 02:05

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:best to judge avb at end of season not 13 games in.

This not really about judjing him at the end of season, which I agree is a good idea but more to do with supporting the bloke in his endevours to get us higher up the league table.

I know its a forum but there's a few here that get to the games too and but a positive vibe amongst the support can only be a good thing.

And as for wanting him out if we don't get top six it being a certainty he will get sacked , I'm not so sure, did you ignore Vertonghen's words in the link I gave in the opening post ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Dec 01 2012, 02:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes already lasted longer then rdm. plus we have not been able to put our first team out and yet we still above the goons. not bad for a manager thats been here 5 mins and had no pre season with the new players.

how long has wenger had to build a new team when in truth they are further away from winning the league then ever before

Its early days for all that, Lought but with them down the road spending a million pounds per week more in wages than Spurs to be where they're in the league table, I guess its worth a mention
    Very Happy .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Dec 01 2012, 02:20

Jermain Defoe says: “It’s difficult for any manager - when you come in you’ve got different ideas,” Defoe told Sky Sports News.

“It wasn’t the best at Chelsea but that happens. It’s part of life and being a manager, but he’s a fantastic manager and been fantastic for me.

“There’s always a different approach each game and he’s such a nice guy.

“All the lads want to fight and win for him. I’m just enjoying the journey and I’m sure he is as well.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/spurs_star_avb_s_struggles_at_chelsea_mean_nothing_now_1_1716273

Jermain Defoe & the players are saying woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Dec 01 2012, 02:51

Good for JD lets all take that attitude WOO BLOODY HOO
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Dec 02 2012, 02:56

Whoo Whoo from me. Only because I always wanted to blow the whistle on a steam train. Still cant understand people saying we will see come the end of the season, so negative. Even if he failed to get us into the top six this season, I would still say he needs a couple of seasons. Look at Pardrew at Newcastle, I am shocked they are where they are in the table, how long as he been there now?, and O'Neil at Sunderland?. We are 5th after AVB being here a few months, they are where they are and they have had there managers a while now. Once we get a bigger stadium that brings in more revenue, which then allows us to bring in top quality players, I think our future will be so bright you will have to wear sun glasses on match days.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Dec 02 2012, 03:08

Boltjean wrote:Whoo Whoo from me. Only because I always wanted to blow the whistle on a steam train. Still cant understand people saying we will see come the end of the season, so negative. Even if he failed to get us into the top six this season, I would still say he needs a couple of seasons. Look at Pardrew at Newcastle, I am shocked they are where they are in the table, how long as he been there now?, and O'Neil at Sunderland?. We are 5th after AVB being here a few months, they are where they are and they have had there managers a while now. Once we get a bigger stadium that brings in more revenue, which then allows us to bring in top quality players, I think our future will be so bright you will have to wear sun glasses on match days.

Your obviously a optimist good for you im not never have been always a pesimist Why is it negative to give A Manager a full season ?

Even if failed to get us in the top six he should stay be serious thats worse than Harry and u can see goodbye to Bale if we dont finish in top 4,
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Dec 02 2012, 06:20

Mark, AVB deserves at least a season? Who was the poster who said let's compare Redknapps games against AVB? So far 2-0 AVB. Nice. We are starting to play like Spurs fans expect a Spurs team to play. It ain't quite there but it's getting closer. The 2nd half I saw today was most impressive. Rolled over a very good BMJ inspired Fulham team. Long way to go and we could lose silly points along the way. But we are 4th after 15 games on the same points as the team in 3rd. Redknapp days indeed . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 06:29

Well its promising, no fooking woohoo from me yet.
    But a good result against a team who are hard to beat, at their place.
    I reckon as soon as some on here give some credits to what was achieved by a past manager, then i will be more enthusiastic in praise for the new order.
    Now thats done it........lol. jocolor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 21:33