The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB V Arry. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB V Arry. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB V Arry. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB V Arry. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB V Arry. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB V Arry. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB V Arry. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB V Arry. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB V Arry. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB V Arry. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

AVB V Arry.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AVB V Arry. Empty AVB V Arry.

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:24

Just wondering what you blokes think AVB brings to us that Arry didn't. For me the big difference is AVB has the ability to change things when it is going pear shaped and make a difference. Arry couldn't seem to do that.

AVB V Arry. Empty Re: AVB V Arry.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:37

another thing is avb is always hugging the touchline rooting the players on. loves it when we scores.

harry just sits in the dugout with that look of its not my fault when things are going wrong.

how nice is it not to be linked with all them has beens like qpr now are
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:02

I mentioned in an earlier post about AVB passion and someone took the P*ss, well I'm sure the players would rather see manager on the touch line doing that than one that that don't lookalike he gives a sh*t.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:03

I mentioned in an earlier post about AVB passion and someone took the P*ss, well I'm sure the players would rather see manager on the touch line doing that than one that that don't lookalike he gives a sh*t.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:12

The passion. We seem more able to adapt tactically during games. The braveness in some substitutions. Not always spouting off like a moron in the red tops. Not being linked with every has-been in the game. The feeling that it's Spurs, and not his ego, that are important. The fact his dog hasn't got an off-shore bank account . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:32

harry had his faults, but he took us to heights we would have chopped our right arm off for in the position we were in when he took charge. avb is doing well but hes only just started and harry did the same when he first started. its a bit unfair now to point out all harrys faults after his good years at spurs and compare it to avbs short time in charge. im not knocking avb he is doing well against the adversity and i hope it continues but you cant really compare till they have had the same time span. when harry first came i thought his substitutions were very good and won us games we were drawing or losing. didnt he make some at arsenal that won us it. thought early on he was very tacticaly aware, it did tail off at the end i admit but its early days for avb.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:35

shearspur wrote:harry had his faults, but he took us to heights we would have chopped our right arm off for in the position we were in when he took charge. avb is doing well but hes only just started and harry did the same when he first started. its a bit unfair now to point out all harrys faults after his good years at spurs and compare it to avbs short time in charge. im not knocking avb he is doing well against the adversity and i hope it continues but you cant really compare till they have had the same time span. when harry first came i thought his substitutions were very good and won us games we were drawing or losing. didnt he make some at arsenal that won us it. thought early on he was very tacticaly aware, it did tail off at the end i admit but its early days for avb.

That's the problem Shear, some don't want to give AVB the times owe can compare and if the moronic boo boys have their way he would have been go e three games ago.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:42

i thought harry in hes first season done really well and did make subs at the right time and buy good players to get us out of a relegation battle.

he did make a sub when it was 1 1 aganst arsenal last season and they was getting on top and he brought on sandro for vdv about 70 mins but i think most spurs fans called that sub and would of made it earlyer and we went on to win 2 1 and the last 20 mins we looked really comfy and wernt holding on .

but the 5 2 game 2 2 at half time lennon on the bench with vdv and he ignores lennon and brings on vdv and we manage to play even worse then the first half.
    lennon would of pushed them back a bit. i dont remember vdv doing anything when he came on
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:46

your right dave, i was at the early 2 home games we only drew and the boo boys had already started. it is ridiculous but it happened with george grahams tenure and they got their way, who knows what he might have done, carling cup anyone
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:49

maybe he remembered vdvs input before against them with penalty and was it a free kick ?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 11:38

Calling all R’s: The Redknapp Warning

The wait is finally over for Tottenham fans; their former manager is no longer a former manager. Finally someone has bestowed upon Harry Redknapp a contract, a team but far more importantly for him a platform. Redknapp will no longer be a shadow of sheer nonsense hanging over White Hart Lane, I wish him well but QPR fans need to heed our warnings.

Late one evening In 2008, my phone went mental. These were my pre-twitter days so Spurs news was shared amongst my friends via texts. Juande Ramos and been disposed of along with his coaching staff and helpers, in had swooped Redknapp and his entourage.

This apparently was the start of a glorious period in our history; although if you peel away The Sun and Daily Mail wrapping, it was 4 or 5 unforgettable games sandwiched with some decent performances, marinated in some lucky results and served with a massive side salad of drubbings.

However, I can now release my Redknapp issues, he is no longer mine or Tottenham’s problem. He has had his first game in charge of QPR, a solid 0-0 away to Sunderland and now his challenge of creating using a new mantra: “Four points from thirteen games when I got here” begins.

For Redknapp however, there must be slight sting, as Marcellus Wallace told Butch Coolidge: “that will be pride messing with you”. The man whose destiny it was to lead England to Brazil in 2014 is staring down the barrel of leading the Hoops to Bristol in 2013.

The tabloids sold the public and all bar 95% of Spurs fans the story that Redknapp was this old school manager able to bring the best out of every player. He was the man to unite a John Terry fractured dressing room. Redknapp as the next manager of England was a nailed on certainty for all, bar those in power.

The FA offered the role to Roy Hodgson and as Spurs threw away a wonderful chance of third place by drawing 1-1 at Aston Villa, the public started to see through the façade.

Stood on the touch line as his side was in the process of throwing away 2 vital points, he shook with concentration as he racked his brains for a solution to his problem. Redknapp’s visionary tactical move was to introduce a defensive midfielder with 10 minutes to go; it was all the confirmation that the FA needed. They had made the right choice.

That summer as Hodgson led England on a battling yet once again fruitless international campaign a now jobless Redknapp was in no man’s land. After failing to agree a new deal at Spurs he was sacked, England had Hodgson and every other club had their managers in place. There was nowhere to go but wait for a job and inevitably end up on MOTD talking about Spurs and not talking about any other manager whose position was under threat.

The big job that he craved however never arrived and never would have. The Manchester clubs are beyond him, Woolwich wouldn’t go near him, whilst Liverpool gambled on Brendan Rodgers and Chelsea preferred to face the wrath of their own fans by appointing Rafa Benitez.

It ended up being a choice between Ukraine or QPR, and despite what we have been told to the contrary, Redknapp taking a job in Eastern Europe despite the pay was never going to happen. The truth is that QPR are his level of club.

Financially well backed, in dire straits, southern based and destined to never really make an impact on the Premier League. This is quite a sobering thought for a man so highly regarded by the press and who for a weeks at Spurs led a title challenge.

Now fully entrenched at QPR, it will take a couple of weeks for the furore to settle down. As with every story in the Premier League, there is always another round the corner. So in a few weeks Redknapp may well find himself sat talking to half empty press room and it is at this very moment that all his mistakes at Spurs will come back to haunt him.

The former West Ham boss took Spurs and the platform they bestowed him for granted. As the years ticked by it became Project Redknapp, not Project Tottenham, he had the best squad we have seen in decades, millions of TV money and a chairman intent on raising the clubs profile and asking price.

All Redknapp had to do was keep his focus, do his job and led Spurs into more unchartered waters than just a single season jolly in the Champions League.

At Spurs we proclaim to have witnessed many false dawns, but Redknapp’s broke all contraband guidelines.

QPR fans take note, your club is win-win for Redknapp, he would never have taken it if it wasn’t. If he retains your Premier League status he will push himself back to the front of the queue if England’s Brazil 2014 campaign falters; and should he fail and well: “They had four points from thirteen games when I got here.”

Author: ARLombard

http://www.thefighting****.co.uk/201...knapp-warning/
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:54

Can't be too much of that horse carcass left with the flogging it's had.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:37