The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is Arry ... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is Arry ... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is Arry ... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is Arry ... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is Arry ... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is Arry ... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is Arry ... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is Arry ... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is Arry ... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is Arry ... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
cstmrsking
6 posters

Is Arry ...

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Is Arry ... Empty Is Arry ...

Post by cstmrsking Tue Jun 08 2010, 10:13

Is Harry, a, Bottle Job Or A Money Grabber.
    I know in a previous thread i have said that i dont think he will go. That said. If he does go and there is always a chance of course.
    Would he go for Money, as he does seem to lean towards the Money side of things.
    Or is that he dont have the Bottle to see the Job out. The reason i say this is because, a lot of Harry's Jobs seem to be as a rescuer of Clubs is trouble, in that if he goes to a club that is failing and he does well then he comes looking like the saviour and if it fails then he can say Oh well i tried and no blame aportioned.
    So does Arry feel that he cant do any thing with a club that dont need rescuing ie The Mighty Spurs. Or does he go to A failing Club (L Pool) for More Money and if he fails then he can say Oh well i tried.

Is Arry ... Empty Re: Is Arry ...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 11:26

hes a money grabber. he joins portsmouth then times get hard so he joins southampton and then sends them down and goes back to portsmouth claiming he didnt know they was rivals lol i mean im sure portsmouth ffans would of told him they hate southampton and then goes back to portsmouth is allowed to spend loads of money then when they get in trouble he leaves the club again. then hes given freedom of the city lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 08 2010, 22:10

How soon you all forget the years he was at Wet Spam. He didn't jump from there, he was pushed in pretty much the same way that Jol was pushed when we hit a sticky spot in his tenure.

Redknapp isn't the mercenary he's painted to be.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 02:55

lol i know a few pompey lads that would disagree with u ion.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 09 2010, 03:06

What do you make of this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/7810326/Tottenham-manager-Harry-Redknapp-dismisses-link-with-Liverpool-job.html
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 03:16

Well, there you go then DJ. I think we have to take him at his word. That's the sort of comment I was waiting on and now he has given it.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 09 2010, 07:47

[quote="burger777"]lol i know a few pompey lads that would disagree with u ion.

Couldn't care less.

You also claimed that Harry was responsible for Pompey going pop. <snigger>

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 08:02

burger777 wrote:lol i know a few pompey lads that would disagree with u ion.

Now I've posted this bit in another thread Burgs but fell it needs restating . . . . . .

'arry had a dispute with Pompeys then owner Milan Mandarić over his assistant Jim Smith. Redknapp had another disagreement with Mandaric over the appointment of Velimir Zajec as Director of Football and resigned as Portsmouth's manager in November 2004.

I'm sure Pompey fans felt disgruntled but 'arry had a dispute with management trying to undermine HIS staff and bring in their own staff. No wonder the guy walked. If my bosses done that to me and my lad's at work I would turn it into WW3 ! Loyalty to your work collegues, nothing to do with the grass being supposedley greener . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jun 09 2010, 09:01

This Harry "thing" has been on here on about 4 different posts in the last week. It's pretty obvious he's going nowhere and he'll be at Spurs next season, so can we call it a day on this one PLEASE ! guys.
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13 2010, 21:12

Just one more bit of gossip to add to the melting pot . . . . . . . . .

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has turned down £3m-a-year tax free to manage Dubai side Al Ahli and will instead sign a two-year contract extension at White Hart Lane.
    Full story: News of the World
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 13 2010, 21:17

That's good news Vis.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Jun 13 2010, 21:50

ffs is this a anti spurs board arrys going nowhere but sh*t like this gives the likes of bugger a fcuking hard on

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13 2010, 22:07

[quote="ionman34"]
    burger777 wrote:lol i know a few pompey lads that would disagree with u ion.

Couldn't care less.

You also claimed that Harry was responsible for Pompey going pop.
    harry and many others ion, but thats old hat now,
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jun 14 2010, 04:43

VisionarySound wrote:Just one more bit of gossip to add to the melting pot . . . . . . . . .

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has turned down £3m-a-year tax free to manage Dubai side Al Ahli and will instead sign a two-year contract extension at White Hart Lane.
    Full story: News of the World

The interesting thing about that article Vis is that Harry was obviously thinking about it as he met Levy last week to discuss it and his new contract at Spurs,if he stayed. Makes you think that if the team don't deliver next season and the offer or even other offers are made he could move on. At 62 he's looking for one more big payday before he retires and I don't think deep down Harry is a particularly loyal sort of bloke.so it would'nt worry him if he left. But lets use him as he might use us and if he's good for the team then it's OK with me what he does in the future.
    Harry is no different than a lot of managers that have been fckd about by chairman with no morals or loyalty. So at the end of the day you do whats best for you. Lets hope Harry does whats best for us.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14 2010, 06:49

I've always thought Mikey, that Spurs will be 'arry's last club job. My fear is that the FA & Cappello will part company and the FA will come sniffing after 'arry to placate the "we want an English manager" brigade. And to be honest if he was offered that post I could not criticise him if he took it. As for the anti-Spurs that Dave suggested, I don't think so. People will post what they see and hear in the meeja & other sources and open it up to discussion. As in all areas of life it's different strokes for different folks. The general consensus seems to me that posters want 'arry to stay and hope that he stays . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 14 2010, 07:05

Arry said some time ago this would be his swan song.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content