The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Barton v Martin Samuel EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Barton v Martin Samuel Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Barton v Martin Samuel

Barton v Martin Samuel Empty Barton v Martin Samuel

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 04:26

Barton v Martin Samuel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Could just one footballer please come out and be gay, so everybody can be really cool about it and the sport can get on with its life? Just one, it’s not much to ask surely?

Football is beginning to sound a little desperate with its pleading. Rugby, cricket, they’ve all had their gay watershed moment.

And until football does, too, it will continue to be presumed that the sport has not evolved enough to handle male homosexuality.
    (Hope Powell, the manager of England’s women, has been openly gay for years, without comment, yet that does not seem to count.)

The gay pressure group, Stonewall, has called again for football to tackle its ‘culture of fear’, while Anders Lindegaard, the Manchester United goalkeeper, has said that football needs a ‘gay hero’.

So here’s a thought. Joey Barton continues his quest for intellectual and social respectability. Why not come out as gay?

Instant credibility, instant respect, untouchable by the Football Association or future employers. His past misdeeds mentally reprocessed and explained.

‘Well, of course he put his cigar out in that bloke’s face, Gary. He was a tortured soul, forced to live a lie.’

And imagine the new material. A never-ending treasure trove for Barton’s Twitter feed: Alexander the Great, Leonardo da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Lady Bunny.

And, let’s face it, with that new accent, he’s probably halfway there.

And Joseph's comeback:

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
    I see Jim Royles giving it beans about my sexuality in the Daily Mail. Like thats anything to do with him. Can he say what he's said?
    Sounds slightly bigoted and homophobic to me. Any legal-eagles out there know if he can get away with this?
    My sexuality is of no concern to anyone except me and my family. Can't see the missus being happy about this piece.
    Nor, would I like my child (when old enough) to read this tripe. Shoddy journalism
    I will probably have to sue. I don't really need the money or the hassle. So I offer this as a olive branch
    Actually, no. Theres no olive branch. Enough's enough.
    Its just wrong and a little bit weird why he would write this
    In light of the Leveson enquiry, it seems a strange thing to print. I mean I have never even met the guy. He doesn't know me. Shocking

Barton v Martin Samuel Empty Re: Barton v Martin Samuel

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 04:47

Martin Samuel: "Could just one footballer please come out and be gay?"

His name was Justin Fashanu, and he killed himself, you moron.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Dec 08 2012, 11:05

Make it Luiz Suarez.

Half the gay community would be jumping on the first woman they found if they knew this ugly little fecker was on the prowl!

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 04:21

lol ion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 03:12