The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
djfitzo
shearspur
ArnieArdiles
vis
8 posters

West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

vis
    vis

West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Post by vis Mon Feb 04 2013, 04:30

ANY MORE TRABBANT MENTIONS IN THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED . . . . .
    vis
    vis

West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Post by vis Mon Feb 04 2013, 04:31

C'mon Lought please explain why you feel Walker is worthy of your criticism today? He had a steady game and looked fine to me . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 04 2013, 04:44

vis wrote:C'mon Lought please explain why you feel Walker is worthy of your criticism today? He had a steady game and looked fine to me . . . .

Because someone on Vital Spurs said so and was endorsed by Adrian Durham.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 04 2013, 04:55

Copy & pasting is fine if you want to spark debate but at least partially agree with it and try to have the argument to back it up, or state clearly this isn't your opinion but feel it is worth discussing. Unfortunately Loughts new favourite target is Walker. But what did he do wrong today apart from get spat at? Did I doze off and miss a howler from him? He isn't quite the same player as last season at present but he is still a lot better then many other right-backs and he is far from in the Dean Austin category . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 04 2013, 04:59

vis wrote:Copy & pasting is fine if you want to spark debate but at least partially agree with it and try to have the argument to back it up, or state clearly this isn't your opinion but feel it is worth discussing. Unfortunately Loughts new favourite target is Walker. But what did he do wrong today apart from get spat at? Did I doze off and miss a howler from him? He isn't quite the same player as last season at present but he is still a lot better then many other right-backs and he is far from in the Dean Austin category . . . . .

Bet if you trawled through Vital Spurs you will find someone that compared Walker to Dean Austin.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04 2013, 05:49

vis u always pick on my post.
    the minuute i post something on the main thread u delete it yet other people can post what they like on there.

if someone brings adel up ill stick up for him
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 04 2013, 06:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:vis u always pick on my post.
    the minuute i post something on the main thread u delete it yet other people can post what they like on there.

if someone brings adel up ill stick up for him

That's the problem Lought, you are so defensive of him, Vis didn't actually mention any names, but you immediately took it that it was Taraabt, we just won at a very difficult place and your still running Walker down and don't forget we was in control of the game long before Popov got sent off, Vis asked you your reasons on your scoring for Walker and you've yet to reply.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04 2013, 06:13

sad vis deleting post

walker gets a low mark because when he gets the ball in the other teams half he just crosses to nobody.

what did u think of dembele today
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 04 2013, 06:31

We completely dominated that game playing very casual, alot of the players are playing too slow at times. I noticed when Holtby came on, he had so much energy and passion, but the other players were the opposite. I can see where Lought is coming from, Walker & Dembele have been poor in the last few games and make too many inaccurate passes same with ekotto. I know Holtby has just signed and is trying to make a good impression, but i hope the other players start showing the same spirit. With WBA down to 10 men, we should have scored more, it seems that the only player that can score is Bale at the moment. Dempsey is just not good enough for me.

I'm still happy with the 3 points, bring on the Toon next, now thats going to be a tricky game! We'll need to be at our best, and no Defoe for maybe 3-4 weeks. We should recall Coulibhay from his loan deal.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 04 2013, 06:36

just testing how long it takes to delete. lol. 1 2 3 4.........

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04 2013, 06:43

dont we have a great record away at west brom.
    like djsr said untill holtby came on our build up was so slow.

i dont see why im getting picked on again for having opinions. go on vital theres loads of people see what i see about walker.

i like dembele but he dont seem the same player since hes injury
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 04 2013, 07:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:dont we have a great record away at west brom.
    like djsr said untill holtby came on our build up was so slow.

i dont see why im getting picked on again for having opinions. go on vital theres loads of people see what i see about walker.

i like dembele but he dont seem the same player since hes injury

Lought, I stopped going on that site because there's nothing positive on there.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Feb 05 2013, 08:45

Has my post been deleted?
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 05 2013, 10:24

Like most have said I'll take the 3 points, we really needed that win but personally I thought we were very scrappy at times poor passing, lack of idea's.

I am not convinced about Dembele he always looks comfortable on the ball but there's often no end product. In the Summer we need to get a playmaker and striker.

May be we could get Modric on the cheap as he's not flavour of the month in Spain, also Berbatov from Fulham as he misses us a lot and a swop Hudd for Carrick and we have a great team ready for anyone.Does that sound familiar to you?

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 18:14

totalytot wrote:
    Like most have said I'll take the 3 points, we really needed that win but personally I thought we were very scrappy at times poor passing, lack of idea's.

I am not convinced about Dembele he always looks comfortable on the ball but there's often no end product. In the Summer we need to get a playmaker and striker.

May be we could get Modric on the cheap as he's not flavour of the month in Spain, also Berbatov from Fulham as he misses us a lot and a swop Hudd for Carrick and we have a great team ready for anyone.Does that sound familiar to you?

Mikey M

Mikey, the way AVB has us set up, Berbatoss does not have the work ethic to play how we play, also and I've watched him a couple of times since his been at Fulham, his nit a team player, always berating his team mates when they don't pas to him or put it on a plate for him, as for Modric, like Berbatoss, does anyone remember how they both refused to play for the club we love?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 03:12

your wrong about berbatov. the guy is pure class.
    hes one of them players that knows when to pass when to shoot and is a team player.
    we got enough players that run around all day.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 03:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:your wrong about berbatov. the guy is pure class.
    hes one of them players that knows when to pass when to shoot and is a team player.
    we got enough players that run around all day.

Really!! his a lazy b*stard that berates his team mates just because they dont have their telepathic heads on that day, that is not a team player at all and have you forgotten how we were not good enough for him when he refused to play for us and sulked his way to Manu?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 07:44

forget all about the past.
    sheringham wanted to leave spurs. and he came back and is now rightly a spurs legend.
    berbatov has a football brain and he has awarness of other people around him . hes 10 times a better player then defoe.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 09:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:forget all about the past.
    sheringham wanted to leave spurs. and he came back and is now rightly a spurs legend.
    berbatov has a football brain and he has awarness of other people around him . hes 10 times a better player then defoe.

Rubbish, I don't remember refusing to play for us, he was getting on and had the opportunity to go to Manu, Berbatoss leaving us was totally different, same as Modric.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 06 2013, 09:25

Difference between Sherry and Berbatoss is Sherry didn't refuse to play for us. When he left us he went about it the right way. I don't think Berbatoss would be welcomed back with open arms by the majority of Spurs supporters. Sherry even ran in front of the Park Lane kissing the Man U badge but was still welcomed back.The reason why is because when he left us he didn't sh1t on us. Unlike the Swan Eater.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 09:34

BazSpur wrote:Difference between Sherry and Berbatoss is Sherry didn't refuse to play for us. When he left us he went about it the right way. I don't think Berbatoss would be welcomed back with open arms by the majority of Spurs supporters. Sherry even ran in front of the Park Lane kissing the Man U badge but was still welcomed back.The reason why is because when he left us he didn't sh1t on us. Unlike the Swan Eater.

The start of the next reason was ruined because Berbatoss left late and we panicked and bought Pav who never ever got going.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 10:00

i can see why people wouldnt want him back but on hes talent hes better then we have got.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 19:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:i can see why people wouldnt want him back but on hes talent hes better then we have got.

Problem is Lought, with that talent comes a whole heap of attitude and one thing this side has at the moment is harmony, we don't need disruption. I'm hearing Holtby registered and can play for us Europa League.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:46

If everything goes right for him I think Holtby can become a legend for us. He already has all the attributes. He could become Captain one day and lead the team by example. I love the blokes never say die attitude.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Feb 08 2013, 06:54

I agree on the little we have seen Holtby looks like he's going to be a great player for us. However don't lets start creaming ourselves to early guys we don't want to end up dissapointed.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 22:23