The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Chilean miners  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Chilean miners  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Chilean miners  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Chilean miners  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Chilean miners  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Chilean miners  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Chilean miners  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Chilean miners  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Chilean miners  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Chilean miners  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Chilean miners

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Chilean miners  Empty Chilean miners

Post by LOBO Wed Oct 13 2010, 23:02

Don't know if anyone else has been following this on the BBC or SKY News , really gripping stuff and so heart warming to see these men finaly get out , ive had a lump in my throat sinse 7 this morning lol just so glad for them and there families
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Chilean miners  Empty Re: Chilean miners

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 14 2010, 01:09

Yeah, its great to see them coming out. Everyone of them so far have looked in good spirits too. It must have been terrible trapped 700 feet underground. I bet it won't be long before we get a film based on the whole episode.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Oct 14 2010, 05:25

They were all in good spirits apart from 1, he forgot to clock in. PMSL.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14 2010, 07:32

What happened in the mine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Stay's in the mine . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 14 2010, 09:01

HotspurRoper wrote:They were all in good spirits apart from 1, he forgot to clock in. PMSL.

LMAO cheers
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Oct 14 2010, 23:54

I watched it live when it started, around 3am Yesterday morning. Watched the first rescue worker go in and come out at the end. Was amazing stuff. Its hard to take in when you think about how far down they went (622 metres below the earth) thats just shocking! Well done the Chileans, what an achievement!!

It also made me laugh, when Nasa had to stick their noses in saying that they contributed towards the rescue.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 15 2010, 00:33

DJSR wrote:

It also made me laugh, when Nasa had to stick their noses in saying that they contributed towards the rescue.

Yea i thought David Cameron had a nerve to get in on the act, i thought for once its good to watch something good on the News because 9 times out of 10 its all doom & gloom on the news and i was thinking what a nice change and no fricking Politics spouting crap , and then the staged phone call from Cameron, it couldnt have been staged any better, it made me cringe to be honest
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Oct 15 2010, 02:16

Another thing which made me laugh, was when Sky News was interviewing the Chilean President, they asked him 'So, how much did the rescue operation cost' & the President replied 'It doesnt matter how much it cost, it was worth it!'.....typical how they ask the most useless questions, and perfectly answered back by the President.

Its the westernised way of thinking, its always about bloody money/business!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:58

DJSR wrote:Another thing which made me laugh, was when Sky News was interviewing the Chilean President, they asked him 'So, how much did the rescue operation cost' & the President replied 'It doesnt matter how much it cost, it was worth it!'.....typical how they ask the most useless questions, and perfectly answered back by the President.

Its the westernised way of thinking, its always about bloody money/business!

yea i was that and though good answer lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 11:04