The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ANNE THE ELEPHANT. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ANNE THE ELEPHANT. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

ANNE THE ELEPHANT.

ANNE THE ELEPHANT. Empty ANNE THE ELEPHANT.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26 2011, 23:11

You know the depths of human cruelty never cease to amaze me.

Saturdays mail carried the story of an elderly circus elephant with hidden video film showing her romanian carer smashing at her with a pitchfork and kicking her in the stomach.

It reduced both sharon and myself to tears.

This is a 50 plus year old animal with arthritis, and defenseless, what a coward of a human being, it just makes me sick.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

ANNE THE ELEPHANT. Empty Re: ANNE THE ELEPHANT.

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 27 2011, 00:30

Human cruelty knows no bounds Lew. I watched a documentary a couple of days ago called 'The Cove'. It's probably one of the most harrowing things I've ever seen, the systematic slaughter of thousands of Dolphins in the most inhumane way possible.

I defy anyone to watch this and not be sickened.

I have since signed the petition, I urge you all to do the same.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 27 2011, 00:54

Don't get me started on animal cruelty. I hate it with a passion. My partner Jane's daughter Lauren is doing an animal science degree at Uni and some of the films she has had to sit through to do with cruelty and experimentation would turn your stomach. Some of the things she has seen no one should have to see but it's part of her course for a degree and she has to know about these things. She is doing work experience at a re-homing centre for dogs and cats and the condition of some of the animals brought in would make you cry. 3 dogs were brought in last week. They are Chocolate labradors. She thought they were puppies as they were so small it turns out they were 5 year old dogs who all their lives had been kept in a dark shed, never allowed out at all. They can barely see and their claws were over long. They are hoping they will be re-homed but the problem is they will take a lot of work and people are reluctant to take on dogs like that. They were brought in with the mother and she has already been re-homed but Lauren thinks they will struggle to re-home the other 3 dogs. I am gutted just thinking about the poor things. We already have 3 dogs two cats and two horses and really can't take anymore else we would have one of them. The good thing is, the kennels Lauren is working at never, ever put down a healthy dog. The prognosis for the 3 Labs is fairly good as far as getting back to good health. That is just one of the cases of cruelty Lauren has told us about. There are plenty of others as you can imagine.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 02:23

ionman34 wrote:
    Human cruelty knows no bounds Lew. I watched a documentary a couple of days ago called 'The Cove'. It's probably one of the most harrowing things I've ever seen, the systematic slaughter of thousands of Dolphins in the most inhumane way possible.

I defy anyone to watch this and not be sickened.

I have since signed the petition, I urge you all to do the same.

I have seen it ion, and like you i was sickened.

I will sign the petition, if i havent already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 14:55