The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Public Sector Strikes EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Public Sector Strikes EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Public Sector Strikes EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Public Sector Strikes EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Public Sector Strikes EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Public Sector Strikes EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Public Sector Strikes EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Public Sector Strikes EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Public Sector Strikes EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Public Sector Strikes Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Public Sector Strikes

Public Sector Strikes Empty Public Sector Strikes

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 10:12

OK peeps for those of you intrested how do you feel about teachers and other public sector employees going on stike Thursday ? I work in the Public Sector but my union isn't striking (I've a long weekend off actually).If my union had of called strike action I would have supported. Many of my colleagues & friends will be taking industrial action and it irks me to see a selfish, tory voting public attack them. How would you feel if you had of been doing a job for, let's say, 15/20 years, paying into your pension plan and then get a hostile tory government pitch up and say you must work longer, pay more only to recieve less than what you were originally told ? They have broken the terms of employment without recieving agreement. To all parents out there who are moaning about childcare issues. Teachers & schools are not babysitters for your offspring they are places of education where you send your child to be taught. Not to be looked after until you finish work. The people striking work hard and are dilligent in their belief to offer the best they can to the their young students. They are not overpaid, underworked babysitters. They are caring professionals. I intend, after some serious family business (2 years to the day ago my beloved Ma-in Law died) to try and attend a rally in support of the strikers. I understand not all will agree with what I have posted but I ask you to please think long & hard and weigh up the injustices involved in this dispute before making any judgement on why our country may grind to a standstill in the very near future. Thanx . . . . . . .

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 11:43