The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs West Ham EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs West Ham Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
seebee1944
shearspur
BazSpur
vis
8 posters

Match Thread Vs West Ham

vis
    vis

Match Thread Vs West Ham Empty Match Thread Vs West Ham

Post by vis Mon Nov 19 2012, 05:41

Match Thread Vs West Ham 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Match Thread Vs West Ham 200px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg

At

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4677589557118614&pid=15

Match Thread Vs West Ham 150px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 25th November 2012
    K.O @ 1600hrs GMT
    vis
    vis

Match Thread Vs West Ham Empty Re: Match Thread Vs West Ham

Post by vis Mon Nov 19 2012, 05:57

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4719903578392910&pid=15 Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=H.4771649324712309&pid=15

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4812704930267980&pid=15 Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=H.4904694503048764&pid=15

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=H.4531049587607560&pid=15 Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4607293811917335&pid=15

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4531607930864088&pid=15 Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4897646486029899&pid=15

Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.4991706281411816&pid=15 Match Thread Vs West Ham Th?id=I.5053265991173337&pid=15
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 19 2012, 08:38

Next to Arsenal and Chelski this is the team I hate the most. Got to beat em, just got to.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 19 2012, 08:48

The Bubble Blowers amuse me Baz. Their delusions of grandeur mixed with a deep inferiority complex are a remarkable mix indeed . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:10

Yes mate, in other words they think they are a big team LMAO.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:16

West Ham: What's going right for Sam Allardyce's team?

West Ham co-chairman David Gold takes a deep breath as he ponders the question - what was the club like when he and business partner David Sullivan took over nearly three years ago?

"I dread to think back. We had serious debt issues, the club was close to administration. Had we not done the deal the incumbent owners would have had nothing else to do than sell three of their best players," he said.

Last Sunday seemed a world away as victory at Newcastle pushed the Hammers to sixth in the Premier League in their first season since promotion via the play-offs.

Gold said West Ham's debts, which stood at £110m when they took over in January 2010, will be down to nearer £70m by the end of the season.
    "I have to confess we would not have taken on any other football club in that financial state," said lifelong Hammers fan Gold.

"If you have got a serious debt that is harming the club and you are making cuts all around, it's a negative.

"The performance on the pitch helps the financial situation, and the financial situation helps what happens on the pitch."

Midfielder Mark Noble, who has been at the club since he was 11, says there is a happier feel now.

"It was sort of all over the place. They've come in, settled the place down and brought in a top experienced manager in Sam Allardyce. The place needed a bit of stability and the club are seeing the benefits on the pitch," he said.

Noble, 25, and 76-year-old Gold may be half a century apart in years but they are cut from the same claret and blue cloth. Local lads who grew up supporting the side.

They both point to the influence of Allardyce, an appointment in the summer of 2011 which was not universally accepted by fans of the so-called 'Academy of Football' worried about his perceived long-ball game.

"His man management is second to none," said Noble.

"Sam likes his teams to be organised and every detail to be bang on and that's making the difference. We are keeping clean sheets, we are working hard as a team and are hard to break down. It's enjoyable to be out there at the moment."

While statistics show West Ham have played a relatively high percentage of long balls, many fans have warmed to Allardyce.
    "The supporters are generally happy with the progress of the team and the kind of football being played," said Graeme Howlett, editor of supporters' website Knees Up Mother Brown.

"In the 1966 World Cup final, Bobby Moore played a 60-yard pass on to Geoff Hurst's toe for England's fourth goal and I don't recall too many people complaining about that.

"Sam Allardyce is doing a good job with one of the best squads we've had for many, many years, and he's adaptable, changing tactics when necessary."

Noble talks of Allardyce's attention to detail, analysing opponents' strengths and weaknesses, and targeting free-kicks, corners and throw-ins as areas to focus on.

"He reminds us every weekend how many goals are scored from set-plays, free-kicks and corners. He likes to nail them down and it's made a huge difference to us over the last two seasons," said the club's longest-serving player.

"I know the manager gets labelled with the long ball. He tells me every game to get on the ball and make us play and he's never ever told me to just get the ball and boot it.

"Some of the passing against Newcastle, Manchester City, Southampton and QPR was brilliant where we played on the floor."

West Ham's new owners sacked Gianfranco Zola and Avram Grant as managers in their first 18 months at the club and Gold said he studied videos of Allardyce's former sides before appointing him.

"Once we were relegated, we knew Sam was our main target because we knew what was lacking at the football club, particularly at the training ground, I recognised it, and that was discipline. There was no discipline, there was a lack of camaraderie. There was some, but it was fragmented.

"You needed a man with a bit of steel about him. There was a concern, and fans made it clear to us, that he plays the long ball game.
    "When you looked at the DVDs of when he was at Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn, I didn't see this long ball game. What I did see when he was losing 1-0 with 10 minutes to go was a barrage of long balls, but then I saw it from Barcelona - they hump it into the box, it's human nature. There's a lot of great football coming from Sam."

Gold said captain Kevin Nolan, who dropped down a division to team up again with his former Newcastle boss Allardyce in the Championship, has been the lynchpin in West Ham's success.

"Nolan is probably the best captain I've had in my 20 years in football. He's certainly as good a captain as Steve Bruce at Birmingham, if not better," said Gold, who was at St Andrew's for 16 years.

"He's not just a captain on the field but also in the dressing room, on the training ground, in the dining room. He encourages, he leads by example."

Midfielder Nolan has teamed up with former team-mate Andy Carroll, and West Ham hope the striker will stay until the end of the season despite a loan deal which gives Liverpool the option of recalling him in January.

"I'm hoping things stay as they are because there's no doubt the relationship between Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan is a strong one. Although Andy isn't scoring the goals, Kevin is. They play off each other and Kevin is benefiting from Andy's presence," said Gold.

"Andy Carroll is a big strong man, and the relationship between him and Kevin Nolan on and off the pitch has been really special."

Noble wants to see West Ham, who host Stoke City on Monday night, established as a Premier League fixture.

"We've had a great start. I think the target is not to get sloppy and think we've done enough already," he said.

"Look at the likes of Everton and clubs like that who are in about eighth, seventh, sixth every season.

"We have got the foundations to be a top eight team and I think that will be the main goal of me being at the club. To win a cup would be fantastic."

Many of Noble's friends are West Ham supporters and he senses an enthusiasm among them.

"The fans are absolutely buzzing at the minute. There were times before when I didn't want to answer my phone after games as I didn't want to answer the questions. The last couple of seasons we have been winning games and it's been enjoyable."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:35

i think there fans are the worst.
    they hate us. they even perfer them other lot to us.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:42

everybody hates us most i think, after utd.all london teams hate us most. just the way we like it lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 08:37

Looking at Dembele this evening I don't think he will start Sunday but I think he will get at least half an hour. Saying that I hope he does start. I reckon we will start something along the lines of the arsenil game but with Defoe on his own & probably Dumpsy just behind due to Adabadbacks suspension.
    Me I would go for 3 at the back along the lines of this and this is presuming Dembele starts
    Lloris
    Vertonghen Dawson Naughton
    Sandro
    Carroll Dembele
    Bale Siggurdson Lennon
    Defoe
    If Dembele dosen't start the I would probably go for Thudd along side Carroll . . . ..

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 09:22

dont start him. ease him back bring him on around 60mins. we got another big game midweek.

i guess we should go with the same team apart from lennon in for either of them 2 new guys lol
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Nov 24 2012, 00:03

Like the thought of Carroll starting and Dembele coming on later. Carrolls through ball for the (wrongly ) disallowed goal was sublime.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Nov 25 2012, 07:39

I go with the same midfield as Vis.

My preferred line-up

_________________Lloris

Walker____ Dawson____ Caulker____ Vertonghen
    ____________Sandro____Carroll
    ______Lennon___ Dembele______Bale
    __________________Defoe

My plan would be for Dempsey and Siggy to come on for Carroll and Dembele, for the last half hour or so. I also see Dawson starting this one but if he comes in, I can see AVB going with Gallas instead of Caulker.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 26 2012, 00:10

TEAM NEWS

Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor serves the first match of a three-game ban for his sending off against Arsenal.

Mousa Dembele is a doubt as he still feels discomfort in his hip despite making his comeback from a month-long injury lay-off at Lazio.

Yossi Benayoun remains sidelined for West Ham but winger Matt Jarvis returns to the squad after overcoming a shin injury.

Jack Collison (knee) and Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder) are out.
    MATCH PREVIEW

Football managers are a bit like chickens in their coop - when one is dragged off for the chop it tends to leave the others feeling distinctly uneasy.

The sudden and savage nature of the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo at Chelsea will have sent a few feathers flying but will not have surprised Andre Villas Boas, whose reign of 40 matches at Stamford Bridge spanned just two fewer games than that of the Italian.

In succeeding Harry Redknapp at Spurs, Villas Boas took over from a manager who was extremely popular with the fans, had just guided the club to fourth in the Premier League and whose common touch had only recently made him favourite for the England job with the public at large.
    Under those circumstances any manager needs a good start, but Tottenham have, so far, been average under the Portuguese. Four defeats in their last five Premier League games have left him looking vulnerable and he must be hoping Daniel Levy will prove more supportive than Roman Abramovich.

Comparisons to those Tottenham managerial mishaps embodied by Christian Gross and Jacques Santini are premature; neither had Villas Boas's charm or his command of English, but he does need a winning streak.

West Ham have been punching above their weight this season and are entering a run of fixtures which will be a severe test of their credentials.

After Spurs, it's Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Brom, Everton and Arsenal in a fearsome, frantic month. Even five or six points from those seven games would be a terrific achievement for a squad which has only a smattering of real quality supported by a cast reliant on perspiration rather than inspiration.

The one guy at West Ham who doesn't need to be sweating is Sam Allardyce - one of the few chickens feeling safe in his coop.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League home games against West Ham (W6, D4).
    West Ham have won just one of their last 10 Premier League encounters with Spurs (W1, D2, L7).

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham have lost their last three Premier League games; they have not lost four consecutive league games since a six-match losing streak in 2004-05.
    Eighth-placed Spurs are 11 points worse off than they were at the equivalent stage of last season, when they were third in the table.
    Andre Villas Boas's side have conceded 13 goals in their last five Premier League games.
    Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in the Premier League this season in a 2-0 win against Aston Villa.

West Ham United

West Ham's total of 19 points from their first 12 games equals their best return at this stage of a Premier League season, set in 2005-06.
    Only Manchester City (10) and Stoke (11) have conceded fewer goals in the Premier League this season than West Ham (12).
    The Hammers have scored just four league goals away from Upton Park this season. Only Norwich and Aston Villa (3) have a worse record.
    Andy Carroll has not scored in his last 14 Premier League appearances.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:20

BREAKING TOTTENHAM TEAM NEWS

Michael Dawson is preferred to William Gallas at centre-back and Clint Dempsey replaces the suspended Emmaqnuel Adebayor. West Ham are unchanged from Monday's draw with Stoke.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:28

yay dawson back. hope we keep a clean sheet now

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:42

cant find a sopcast link . just normal flash linkshttp://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=176291&part=sports
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:52

try . premiershipstreams channel 7 its on.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:53

Wiziwig are saying it's on YES channel . . . .

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:55

A random fact-
    Apparently if premier league games lasted only 80mins this season, spurs would-be second... Behind west Brom

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:55

London police are reporting a vast number of West Ham fans turning up at Wembley.
    SSN spoke to one deluded Spammer, "We reckoned as it is our Cup Final this was where we were going to!"
    Police have now pointed them in the direction of White Hart Lane!! #COYS
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:56

And it is . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 26 2012, 02:58

Sopcast channel is working guys . . . .