The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
LOVELOVEROCKET
seebee1944
vis
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Liverpool

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Liverpool

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 29 2012, 09:07

Phew, thought anything could have happened in that second half. I think Shear was right some time ago when he said we still have that soft underbelly. Apart from that, there were signs in that first half that we are starting to get it right. Fulham away next will not be an easy game. We will have to work really hard and any soft underbelly will be cut wide open and the guts will fall out.Sorry, that last bit was an afterthought lol.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Nov 29 2012, 09:22

Match Thread Vs Liverpool - Page 2 _64448157_64442012

First-half goals from Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale were enough to give Tottenham victory over Liverpool in a superb encounter at White Hart Lane.

Lennon opened the scoring inside the first 10 minutes when he tapped in Bale's low cross from the left at the far post.

Bale added a second when his 25-yard free-kick left Reds goalkeeper Pepe Reina virtually motionless on the line.

Liverpool pulled one back when the unfortunate Bale headed into his net.

Buoyed by that lifeline, the Reds pressed hard for an equaliser. Striker Luis Suarez went close with a volley following great acrobatics from Daniel Agger, while Jose Enrique, who almost scored on two other occasions, saw his shot drift inches past the post.

The victory moves Spurs above Arsenal and into the top five, with Liverpool down to 12th.

In the previous 40 Premier League encounters between the teams, 109 goals had been scored at more than 2.5 goals per game, while both Liverpool forward Suarez and Tottenham counterpart Jermain Defoe had the most shots on target - 34 and 30 - in the top flight this season.

And once again the teams delivered during another fascinating Premier League encounter.

Bale shone brightest in the early stages. The Wales left-winger forced Reina into an ungainly save from his free-kick before launching a trademark angled shot, which went wide by two feet.

But on his next foray forward, Spurs scored. Yet again Bale embarrassed Liverpool down the left with his pace and picked out Lennon with a surgical pass, the England international tapping in at the far post.

Tottenham were on the rampage and they got their second nine minutes later when Reina failed to judge the flight of Bale's free-kick and he was left rooted to the spot as the ball flew in.

The potent Suarez, who also has fired in the most shots of any player in the league this season - 69 - had tested Hugo Lloris in the first 10 minutes with a low shot, before going even closer later in the opening half.

On that occasion the sprightly Uruguayan flicked the loose ball towards goal after Lloris had come out to block Steven Gerrard's shot, only to see Kyle Walker win the race to the line and hook his effort to safety. It was a magnificent piece of defending by the England international.

Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson, who was later substituted, also missed an open goal from 20 yards, but he was under pressure from the Spurs defence, while Enrique had his turn-and-shot saved by France keeper Lloris.

The visitors were also left infuriated when Gerrard was challenged by Mousa Dembele in the area, and referee Phil Dowd wave play on.

Enrique, who attacked at nearly every opportunity, went close midway through the second half when his shot from eight yards was deflected wide for a corner.

The Reds finally made their breakthrough from the resulting set-piece when substitute Jonjo Shelvey's corner from the right was flicked on to the head of Gerrard by Daniel Agger.

The England midfielder directed his effort towards goal, Lennon cleared but only in the direction of team-mate Bale two yards away and he inadvertently headed into his own net.

Liverpool were on top in the closing moments but a combination of fortune and good defending ensured Spurs earned a second consecutive league win.

P.S - Was the Ref right to book Bale for simulation? At first I thought it was harsh, then I thought correct and on late real slo-mo I thought harsh again . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 29 2012, 09:24

I thought the ref was correct Vis.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Nov 29 2012, 09:30

Fair play Baz. If it was simulation then he should be punished . . . . . severely . . . . . finger3 . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 01:40

Bale did not dive , he was tripped . Watch it again and you will see he's clearly clipped .
    I think you both owe Gareth an apology
    finger3
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Fri Nov 30 2012, 02:35

all players dive just some better than others.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 30 2012, 03:08

I stand corrected then Arnie. My appolgies to Gareth.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:32

I'm sorry Gareth . . .
    flowers
    tongue 2
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 04:58

[b] lol! you guys... Watch it again if you can .

I reckon the yellow should be rescinded , imagine if he were already on a yellow , Dowd would've sent him off without a second thought.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:03

Im not sure about this LOL guy >>> lol!

I want to punch him in the face LoL
    Twisted Evil
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:07

I agree Arnie, he looks too smug for his own good lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 30 2012, 05:30

Well I wont be using the smug fecker again LOL ...From now I'm doin Benny style LOL's...

Where's DJsr and how busy is he LOL
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 30 2012, 06:04

Arnie it is a tricky one to call. At 1st I thought tripped, then simulation, then tripped again. He was moving at such pace. If, and I mean IF, he was guilty of simulation then I hope he is bought to book by the club. But if not then an appeal would prove any honesty issues. I'm not sure you can appeal yellows though, just straight reds I thought . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 06:05