The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
seebee1944
djfitzo
vis
7 posters

Manchester United match Thread

djfitzo
    International
    International

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United match Thread

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 21 2013, 04:53

Hugo Lloris, not one save to make in 93 minutes.

vis
    vis

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United match Thread

Post by vis Mon Jan 21 2013, 04:54

A point was the least we deserved from this game . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:00

Match Stats
    90mins
    Possession
    Tottenham Hotspur 52% Manchester United 48%
    Shots
    23 6
    On target
    18 4
    Corners
    9 4
    Fouls
    7 14

COYS . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:08

Listening to recently ex-ManUre player Gary Neville on Sky and he is saying Dempsey should have gone down in the box to get the Utd player sent off and win a penalty rather than stay on his feet and take the chance and miss! And this man is involved in the Ing-Ger-Land set-up? Says all you need to know about Utd & the ethos at that club. Let's hope he never involves himself in a debate about player simulation . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:37

Yes Vis, couldnt beleive Neville came out with that, I got the sense he know it too! and tried to back track. If Clint went Down and Evra sent off, he would have been saying he went down to easy.

However, we got a point, absoulte leaste we deserved.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:42

we played well second half.
    now all the dempsey haters can stop moaning.
    he worked hes socks off today and again scores in a big game.

defoe sh*t again. had chances and went for glory then had a chance to go past rio and couldnt.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:53

Ole Red Nose blames the officials yet again. What a petty little man he is. So undeserving of a Knighthood .. . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:54

Loughtonlegend wrote:we played well second half.
    now all the dempsey haters can stop moaning.
    he worked hes socks off today and again scores in a big game.

defoe sh*t again.
    had chances and went for glory then had a chance to go past rio and couldnt.

Let's celebrate by slagging off Spurs players . . . .

Yawn

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 05:56

Linesmen to United players "go and applaud your fans.
    They spent £1.50 on bus fares getting here

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:02

lol vis. we was brillant second half and the man u keeper got lucky with a few shots that hit hes feet.

avb is brillant and got them playing the right way and even had the balls to play naughton and caulker instead of jan and ekotto.

one thing though i though the ref was rubbish again.
    he always is
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:05

Loughtonlegend wrote:lol vis. we was brillant second half and the man u keeper got lucky with a few shots that hit hes feet.

avb is brillant and got them playing the right way and even had the balls to play naughton and caulker instead of jan and ekotto.

one thing though i though the ref was rubbish again.
    he always is

Fortunately for us he missed a clear pen for Rooney, but then again he missed so much shirt pulling by the Jap and loads of blatant fouls by Manure.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:08

true. unbeaten aganst man u. when was the last time that happend.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:13

Loughtonlegend wrote:true. unbeaten aganst man u. when was the last time that happend.

God yeah, I've lost count of the number of games against them, even at home, where I thought we would not get anything, never seen us dominate United like that, ever!

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:36

great result in the end when i thought we would get nothing. yep dempsey does look like hes getting into it more now than in the first part of the season, bet utd hate the sight of him now lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 06:52

Match ratings

lloris.6 should of done better for the goal
    walker6 braindead. this guy is so dumb. get naughton at right back. walker cant defend and cant atttack
    dawson 8. did well today
    caulker8 did well but sometime s looks nerveous on the ball.
    dembele 9 worked so hard for the team.
    parker8. hes first start and he did hes job. gave hes all.
    bale 6 another poor game and poor shooting.
    lennon9 man of the match for me. better then bale again
    naughton8 did really well playing out of postion
    dempsey 9 he gets another goal. worked so hard and gets us so many free kicks.
    defoe. 6 for effort t
    avb10 great subs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 21 2013, 07:10

Yep,I agree with that Lought. Lennon today was brilliant. He should have got MOTM not Carrick.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 21 2013, 07:18

shearspur wrote:great result in the end when i thought we would get nothing. yep dempsey does look like hes getting into it more now than in the first part of the season, bet utd hate the sight of him now lol

Never scored against United until he came to Spurs!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 07:27

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 376424_10151346483549729_1184578865_n

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 09:03

Nice stats for Dempsey in 2013. 4 games 4 goals.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jan 21 2013, 09:36

Great performance by the Andre Villas-Boas and the men in white today . I'm just loving the dominating, intelligent football we're playing of late and if that miserable, Joe Lewis was to show exactly how much of a fan he says he is with a little investment out of his 3.5 billion pound fortune, I really do believe with Andre Villas-Boas we can have a go at the title.

The game itself saw Fergie's team parking the bus and looking to seal an undeserved 1-0 lead on the counter. It nearly happened when Rooney and Caulker tangled in our penalty box but that apart, I don't recall Lloris having to pull off any major saves . The stats tell us that Man Utd had just 4 attempts on target throughout the game which were blocked by good defending from the Spurs defenders.

Meanwhile at the at the other end, United's goalkeeper, De Gea was showing his worth with some good saves behind some backs to the wall defending by, Jones, Carrick , Vidic and Ferdinand. Dembele was back to his best despite being harassed by the extra red shirted midfield presence and whilst Bale was often double and trebled marked, Lennon had a great performance out on the right flank . Dempsey after a sluggish first, came to life in the second half with his best performance in a Spurs shirt and it was great to see him get the equaliser in injury time from Lennon's quick thinking.

I'm as happy as if we had won and I don't mind saying so.
    Very optimistic in the management and this squad of players , I love them all. COYS !!!!!!!!!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01658/dempse_1658297a.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01658/clint_1658292a.jpg

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Tottvmanutdgif1a4l49

http://www.abload.de/img/avbtottvmanutdgif2xlyej.gif

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mgxss3y5Zk1qg0x4wo2_500

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mgxss3y5Zk1qg0x4wo1_r2_500

Manchester United match Thread - Page 2 Ibo9nOyy5b6mTn

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 21 2013, 19:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:Match ratings

lloris.6 should of done better for the goal
    walker6 braindead. this guy is so dumb. get naughton at right back. walker cant defend and cant atttack
    dawson 8. did well today
    caulker8 did well but sometime s looks nerveous on the ball.
    dembele 9 worked so hard for the team.
    parker8. hes first start and he did hes job. gave hes all.
    bale 6 another poor game and poor shooting.
    lennon9 man of the match for me. better then bale again
    naughton8 did really well playing out of postion
    dempsey 9 he gets another goal. worked so hard and gets us so many free kicks.
    defoe. 6 for effort t
    avb10 great subs.

Lought you are so out of order with Walker, it was not so long ago he was one of our best players, now his brain dead? His a young man and considering your previous posts about giving youth a chance, you just want to drop him, instead of getting that confidence back, just how long do you give our players before you discard them and getting Carlos Kickaball in.
    Do you know why we are dominating games? Because teams are sh*t scared of players like Bale and Defoe that you slag off and rarely venture outside of their half sticking two and three men on them and yes even teams like Man U are doing it too. Look at the bigger picture, whilst three people are marking Bale, they are not bombing forward causing us problems.
    Where do you get 6 for Lloris, he had no chance with Van Persies header, all you can do is be prepared when something comes your way and his done that in the most successful we have been at the back since he has started, you just can't help slagging our players for what I feel is no reason at all.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 01:01

llloris near post header. maybe he didnt have a chance and was let down by was it walker or dawson.

walker been pony all season and he gets a rest and comes back no differnt.

hes always out of postion and has to dash back. its lucky he has pace.
    when he goes forward he offers nothing.

as for other teams scared of us have we not only recently stop letting in silly goals.
    teams came at us and got goals..

scared of defoe do me a favour
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 22 2013, 01:23

Loughtonlegend wrote:llloris near post header. maybe he didnt have a chance and was let down by was it walker or dawson.

walker been pony all season and he gets a rest and comes back no differnt.

hes always out of postion and has to dash back. its lucky he has pace.
    when he goes forward he offers nothing.

as for other teams scared of us have we not only recently stop letting in silly goals.
    teams came at us and got goals..

scared of defoe do me a favour

You have to nuture raw talent Lought, Walker is worth persevering with, maybe his just got a bit to cocky and he was only benched for one game,
    hardly a rest.
    Why is he so tightly marked every game? if he was that rubbish they would not bother.
    Teams cant come at us now as they are instructed to nullify players like Bale and Defoe and dont have the numbers to overrun us.
    Any team that tries to take it to us get murdered on the break.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 03:14

walker raw talent lol its only because hes english. theres loads of young full backs better then him.

how about that chelsea defender hes young come straight in.

walker dont get the basics right
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 22 2013, 03:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:walker raw talent lol its only because hes english. theres loads of young full backs better then him.

how about that chelsea defender hes young come straight in.

walker dont get the basics right

So his not having the best of seasons so far, go back to last season and the season before, he was one of our better players, a lot of this season is down to having Gallas next to him. So, who are these loads of full backs better then him?

Dont make me laugh about the Cheatski full back, yesterday was the first time they won at home in ages, they got done 2 zip at home by Swansea with him in the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:48