The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
adrian durham EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
adrian durham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
adrian durham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
adrian durham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
adrian durham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
adrian durham EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
adrian durham EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
adrian durham EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
adrian durham EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

adrian durham Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

adrian durham

adrian durham Empty adrian durham

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 01:32

right im going to post hes colum up every week seeing as this guy says what he wants and most of the time is right.

DRIAN DURHAM: The snobs who will stop Le Fondre playing for England... Spurs have signed a paperboy... And Wenger's French farce can run and run in the West End
    By ADRIAN DURHAM

Three hours after Reading came from two goals down to draw with the European champions, their manager Brian McDermott sent me a text declaring that Adam Le Fondre can play international football.
    'He could come off the bench for England, no problem,' he said.
    Sadly there are too many football snobs out there who would recoil in horror at the thought of a player who turned out for Stockport and Rochdale wearing the Three Lions of England.
    Personally I love that Reading scout the lower leagues and pick up players.

Le Fondre scored a hat-trick in a trial game with Manchester United as a youngster and was then told he was too lazy and wouldn’t be taken on at Old Trafford. But he fought back by dropping down to the lower leagues and banged in goals and earned his move.
    Both of Le Fondre’s goals against Chelsea were set up by Hope Akpan, the most recent arrival at the Madejski Stadium.
    Last month he was playing for Crawley Town in League One, until Reading paid £350,000 to take him to the top flight. McDermott says that’s a bargain.
    Le Fondre cost even less - £300,000 - and his goalscoring record is amazing, even in the Premier League. And they say English players are expensive.
    There are plenty more players down in the lower leagues who are good enough, if Premier League clubs can be bothered to look for them.
    McDermott used to be a scout and says it’s the perfect grounding for a manager. He also says his top scorer could play for England. I can’t disagree.

Did anyone else feel a bit queasy seeing substitute Lewis Holtby’s first taste of the Premier League being ruined by AVB turning him into the errand boy who delivers the Post-it notes to the Tottenham players?
    Holtby, a Germany international who helped Schalke finish top of their Champions League group, must have wondered what he’d signed up for.
    In the end, no silly notes were needed. Only the individual brilliance of Gareth Bale saved Spurs from defeat at Norwich. No tactical genius from AVB.

Arsene Wenger is an innovator, a genius. And he has come up with a brand new defensive system. Arsenal are playing with a bad back four. And it’s hilarious.
    Sagna slipped up, Vermaelen fell over, Ramsey backheeled it to an opponent inside his own box and then the big flipping German Per Mertesacker squealed and turned his back as Suarez scored Liverpool’s first.
    And then for the second goal, Mertesacker, Santos, Ramsey, Sagna and Szczesny were all embarrassed by Jordan Henderson. Yes Jordan Henderson. Vermaelen got a good view of it all as he ambled back seemingly unaware a goal was about to be scored.
    This French farce directed by Wenger could run and run in the West End.

adrian durham Article-2271204-1741FDBA000005DC-181_634x389

ario Balotelli is an expensive overpaid penalty taker and Manchester City getting £19m for him is the best bit of business any club has done in this transfer window. I keep being asked if I’m going to miss Mario. What’s to miss?
    He strolled around during games, was sent off four times in two years, and most of the headlines he made had nothing to do with football.
    In England we seem to have a fascination with foreign players who are mavericks. That’s fine if they also perform on the field. Mario Balotelli didn’t.
    If you get your football kicks from watching a lovely penalty then Mario’s your man. If you loved him for all the off-the-field nonsense then don’t worry.

djfitzo
    International
    International

adrian durham Empty Re: adrian durham

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 02 2013, 01:48

So basically you agree with him that AVB is no good? I was out on biz in December and had the misfortune to listen to him droning on about AVB and his obvious hatred for all things Spurs, however, if you want to post his tripe every week, good luck!!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 05:49

no hes always thought avb was not good and i dont agree with him on that.

i enjoy readin people who say what they think.

yet it dont mean i agree with everything he writes.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 05:53

Blame the ball boy, don't give Hazard a kicking - this 'kid' is everything that's wrong with modern Britain... and why Arsenal's hammering of the Hammers merely papers over Arsene's problems

So, a Chelsea player was sent off for kicking a ball.
    Yes, a ball boy was lying on top of that ball to waste time. But Chelsea are the easy target, aren't they? The small club - the underdog - gets all the sympathy. If it’s a Chelsea player he’ll get the blame because nobody likes Chelsea.
    The ball boy lets the ball roll past him for no reason, then blocks Eden Hazard off when he should just let the Chelsea man have the ball. He then, for no reason, flops on to the ball.

Hazard has no choice, and actually no damage was done, nobody got badly hurt. The ball popped out of the other side of the ball boy’s belly, Hazard kicked the ball, not the ball boy.
    Let’s face facts: this kid wasn’t content with his special night being ball boy at a League Cup semi-final – that should be enough in itself.
    No, he wanted to go a bit further and be an overnight Twitter sensation. It was either drawing a Premier League player into a conflict by rolling around on the floor, or apply to go on The Jeremy Kyle Show. And as soon as he found out that at 17 (the oldest ball boy in the world?) he’s just too young for the Jezza Show, one of those Chelsea players was going to be in trouble.
    Within minutes of the incident his Twitter account gained thousands of followers. That account shows him holding a can of cider, and describing himself as a 'lad.'
    It also explains his ball boy shift was a one-off comeback to help out, and claimed he was 'needed for timewasting.' The stories that he is the son of a Swansea director, who owns the hotel where Chelsea were staying make him a perfect candidate for the next Celebrity Big Brother.
    Don’t get me wrong, Swansea deserved to go through because they were easily the better side over two legs. But they didn’t need any help from the ball boy. Players waste enough time without some kid deliberately stopping the ball going back into play.
    I’ll go even further: this kid is an example of what is wrong with Britain. A generation of kids with no respect whatsoever for adults. No respect for professionals trying to do their job. He’s being treated like a hero by some and labelled a victim by others. What a weird world we live in.
    There were suggestions that the FA should provide neutral ball boys after this disgraceful incident. That’s how crazy the game has become.
    I can see why Hazard was sent off by the ref who missed a blatant penalty at Spurs on Sunday. But football is ridiculous sometimes.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 02 2013, 07:17

Loughtonlegend wrote:no hes always thought avb was not good and i dont agree with him on that.

i enjoy readin people who say what they think.

yet it dont mean i agree with everything he writes.

It's not just AVB Lought, his anti Spurs on anything, I had one hour in the car listening to him slag my team

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 07:42

so thats hes point of view. most of the time hes slagging the goons off

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 07:42

he didnt rate avb when he was at chelsea so its not a spurs hate thing
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 02 2013, 07:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:he didnt rate avb when he was at chelsea so its not a spurs hate thing

Like I said Lought, I had abt an hour of him and had to turn to another station, Gough talked mores sense then him and he was a cricketer

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:07

an hour lol thats really long enough is it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:33

Seems like you have found your soul-mate, Guru & leveller all in one here Lought. Judgement-less criticism, negative vibes, knee jerk reaction and a feeling of smug correctness . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:54

a writer for the dailymail.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:an hour lol thats really long enough is it.

Listening to someone slagging the club I love, I deserve an obe.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:27

hes very intelegent and knows hes stuff. he also does a matchday live program on talksport on saturdays from 12/5

i perfer to listen to him then all the others that just sit on the fench and have nothing intresting to say
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes very intelegent and knows hes stuff. he also does a matchday live program on talksport on saturdays from 12/5

i perfer to listen to him then all the others that just sit on the fench and have nothing intresting to say

That may be Lought, he just has far too much negative stuff to say abt Spurs.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:32

Loughtonlegend wrote:a writer for the dailymail.

Hmmmmm the Daily Mail eh? A readership of over 65's, little Englanders who hate foreigners, the modern world, change and the 21st Century in general. String up those young people they're all hoodies & thugs. Vote Tory or UKIP and want to see the death penalty reinstated. Yup says all I need to know about Master Durham . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 10:04

the daily arsenal has me in in stiches most days.
    the things he says and backs up hes claims.
    listen to this he rips them

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Sat Feb 02 2013, 10:32

Loughtonlegend wrote:he didnt rate avb when he was at chelsea so its not a spurs hate thing

Nor did I.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Feb 02 2013, 22:09

He and Mike Parry are reason I won't listen to talk sh*t any more.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 01:41

so many people say they dont listen to him but they have record viewers figuers now and even won radio station of the year last year

also its overtaken radio 5 now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 17:23