The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
A supporters View. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
A supporters View. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
A supporters View. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
A supporters View. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
A supporters View. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
A supporters View. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
A supporters View. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
A supporters View. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
A supporters View. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

A supporters View. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

A supporters View.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

A supporters View. Empty A supporters View.

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 12 2010, 01:35

TOTTENHAM'S CHALLENGE STARTING TO CRUMBLE?

A supporters View. HarryToday,
    many frustrated Spurs fans will be experiencing a feeling of de ja vu.
    Seasoned supporters will most probably have woken up to the realisation
    that we are slowly throwing away the dream of Champions League
    football. I suppose those optimists amongst us, myself included, should
    never have signed up to the hype machine in the first place really.
    Hansen may be a bas*ard but he was right on last night's MOTD. Just
    when you start to believe...

However, it's not all doom and
    gloom because this season has generally been a good one - much more
    enjoyable than the last campaign at any rate! Unfortunately our lofty
    position makes it easy to paper over the cracks though. Let us not
    forget that Liverpool remain the only top 4 club we have managed to
    nick any points off, newly promoted Wolves have now mugged 6 points off
    us and we've been unable to put Villa to the sword when it mattered.
    Sloppy defending and no cutting edge has cost us dear in recent weeks,
    we seem to be developing a worrying trend of dominating games and then
    not winning them. The only hope for us now is to put together a 4 or 5
    game run of wins. We absolutely must beat Wigan, Everton and then Man
    City to keep the dream alive. Draws will get us nowhere.

The
    problem is that Spurs have been found out. They simply do not know how
    to get past the "team bus", particularly without Lennon. Sides who come
    to the Lane and sling 10 men behind the ball have a very good chance of
    coming away with something. You can't blame them, when teams have a go
    we tend to tear them to pieces, which is fantastic, but we do lack a
    Plan B.

My mistake, we have a Plan B - it's having Dawson,
    Bassong and now Kaboul punt hopeful 60 yard balls up field in a
    miserable attempt to land them on the snowcapped head of Mr. Beanpole.
    Well Harry, it's not working - and don't even try to tell me we're not
    a long ball team because against those who come to defend that is
    exactly what we are. It's becoming extremely irritating.

Not
    that for one second I condone any Harry Bashing. I like him, he has
    progressed the club more in a year than I've seen in the last 3. If
    nothing else we look like we SHOULD be winning a lot more games than we
    actually seem to be. He's allowed to make the odd mistake here and
    there, of which last night was probably one. Kaboul at RB, and Jenas...
    well anywhere seem like strange choices but giving some game time to
    Gudjohnsen was a good idea, even if he didn't set the world on fire, as
    he undoubtedly has the quality to reintroduce Peter Crouch to the bench
    he should have been sitting on for the last month.

A lot of
    people seem to be having a pop at the team selection yesterday but with
    Bolton in the cup on Saturday I think he has a decent excuse. That 4th
    spot is still a massive ask, but chin up fellas as the FA Cup is still
    extremely winnable. Should our Premiership campaign crumble, as seems
    likely, an FA Cup final should beadequate compensation.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

A supporters View. Empty Re: A supporters View.

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 12 2010, 01:49

Baz I said yesterday that I wouldnt do no more moaning so Im keeping stum, apart from saying , the worse individual perfomances of late is from that man pictured in your post ..
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Feb 12 2010, 01:59

Arnie, the players are grown men, its about time they didnt need uncle Harry putting his arm around them and stand up and be counted.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 12 2010, 02:23

Thats true , Dave but for me the manager seems to be all over the shop after a decent start .........

Its said , the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome ....Said it before, Harry is a slow learner .........

I can go through the Harry mishaps if you like, there are so many of late? ....

One thing I will say is that Harry has never experienced such a lofty league position in his 500 games in charge of teams in the top flight.. It's usualy been the case that Harry has played out the roles of those that have recently frustrated us , such as Phil Brown , Alex Mcleish and yesterday Mick Macarthy ....... Getting teams behind the ball for the best part of the game and knicking points here and there .... Harry now finds himself in the other position where games have to be taken to these stubborn tactics .... His attacking ideas in the final third are not very good in free play or from set pieces ...Two blanks against Wolves I feel backs me on this and here are more ...
    Scoreless games
    Sat Sep 19 Chelsea A
    Sat Oct 24 Stoke City H
    Sat Oct 31 Arsenal A
    Sat Dec 12 Wolverhampton Wanderers H
    Sat Dec 26 Fulham A
    Sat Jan 9 Liverpool A
    Sat Jan 16 Hull City H
    Sat Feb 6 Aston Villa H
    Wed Feb 10 Wolves A

45 goals in 26 games ...... 19 of them in three games .... Thats 26 scored in the other 23 games !
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Feb 12 2010, 02:38

It is worrying Arnie, cant believe his resting players. Palacios is essential to us doing well, cos whenever Jenas plays we are severely weakened. You never hear of Fletcher at Manu being rested, if you play twice a week, just ease off the training. Yes we have created chances, but not many of them have been sitters, Lennon was putting them on a plate before he was injured.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 12 2010, 02:54

djfitzo wrote:It is worrying Arnie, cant believe his resting players. Palacios is essential to us doing well, cos whenever Jenas plays we are severely weakened. You never hear of Fletcher at Manu being rested, if you play twice a week, just ease off the training. Yes we have created chances, but not many of them have been sitters, Lennon was putting them on a plate before he was injured.

Yep, not having Wilson in the starting line-up was a mystery , against a team that would surely be up for a battle ...

I cant still work out why Harry thinks Jenas is an adequate understudy for Wilson , some here may laugh but I would've preffered either O'Hara or Zokora for cover.. However both been offloaded ...

Harry decides to start two debutants , one not fully match fit in and a tough away fixture yet Saturday chooses not to even give them 10 mins ?

All this after Man city won the night before and with Villa and Liverpool playing tough games yesterday too ...... A supporters View. Icon_scratch

**** Im starting to moan again ....Grumpy Git Arnie A supporters View. Lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Feb 12 2010, 03:06

The only saving grace is everyone vying for 4th will play each other at some stage except us and villa, Citehs next three games Stoke and Chelski away and Pool at home and christ knows what will happen if Pompeys points and goals are scrubbed.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 12 2010, 03:28

djfitzo wrote:The only saving grace is everyone vying for 4th will play each other at some stage except us and villa, Citehs next three games Stoke and Chelski away and Pool at home and christ knows what will happen if Pompeys points and goals are scrubbed.

Was thinking around Christmas ( pre Lennon injury ) we could end up with our best total of prem points, something around 70 but now Im thinking with our remaining games, 60 will be a big ask ........Of course if Lennon returns and Harry gives Pav a chance that may all change but I dont see us getting more than 60 if we continue as we're ..
    Tottenham`s remaining fixtures:-

Wigan (a), Everton (h), Man City (a), Blackburn (h), Stoke (a), Pompey (h), Sunderland (a), Arsenal (h), Chelsea (h), Man Utd (a), Bolton (h), Burnley (a)

Liverpool`s remaining fixtures:-

Man City (a), Blackburn (h), Wigan (a), Pompey (h), Man Utd (a), Sunderland (h), Birmingham (a), Fulham (h), West Ham (h), Burnley (a), Chelsea (h), Hull (a)

Man City`s remaining fixtures:-

Stoke (a), Liverpool (h), Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h), Sunderland (a), Fulham (a), Wigan (h), Burnley (a), Birmingham (h), Man Utd (h), Arsenal (a), Aston Villa (h), West Ham (a)

Aston Villa`s remaining fixtures:-

Burnley (h), Sunderland (h), Stoke (a), Wigan (a), Wolves (h), Chelsea (a), Bolton (a), Everton (h), Pompey (a), Birmingham (h), Man City (a), Blackburn (h)
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Feb 12 2010, 03:32

As weve found out and many others (Citeh/Hull Chelsea/Hull) theres no easy games, so no-one really has a easy run in.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 12 2010, 05:02

I must point out that I didn't write the above. I found it on News now but thought it was an interesting take.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12 2010, 06:10

ArnieArdiles wrote:Baz I said yesterday that I wouldnt do no more moaning so Im keeping stum, apart from saying , the worse individual perfomances of late is from that man pictured in your post ..

Arnie do you feel that 'arrys day in court is causing a problem at the moment ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 12 2010, 06:46

VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Baz I said yesterday that I wouldnt do no more moaning so Im keeping stum, apart from saying , the worse individual perfomances of late is from that man pictured in your post ..

Arnie do you feel that 'arrys day in court is causing a problem at the moment ?

I wouldnt say its any help, Vis........ But I put our recent blip down more than anything to his mishandling of our attacking options....Defensively we're quite good apart from the odd mishap ....
    Midfield dont provide enough goals nor do the attackers .... If the attackers opened the scoring in more games, which is their job to do so , then this is easier on all the other players ...

Its his unwillingness to budge on the Crouch / Defoe pairing ( his dream front two ) that has cost us ........ Gio out on loan .. Taraabt...out on loan.... Keano out on Loan .. Pav out in the cold ....
    The result is ..... Glory boy Defoe is to comfortable and Crouch's inclusion almost every game , means our tactics become one dimensional ....
    Our attacks have been sussed and Harry has taken away most of his options .......Crazy !

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12 2010, 07:19

To be honest Arnie Defoe don't look to sharp at the mo. The early season fire seems to have fizzled out a touch. His hattrick against Leeds was a rare shine of late. He's too often caught offside & a streak of petulance is creeping in. Crouch is a good team player who works hard for the cause, but just doesn't score enough goals. For such a tall man he seems better on the ground than he is in the air. Know I do wonder if the court case has made 'arry look for easy options when it comes to team selection. We are playing good football but the side needs a touch of tinkering. Not wholesale changes just a tweek here & there. Whatever 'arry thinks of Pavy it's time to let him have a go. Then we can decide what to make of this Russian enigma. Maybe he can link with Defoe, Crouch or Guddjohnson, maybe not. But nothing ventured eh . . . . .. . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 12 2010, 07:20

Crazy indeed Arnie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:28