The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
peter crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
peter crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
peter crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
peter crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
peter crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
peter crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
peter crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
peter crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
peter crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

peter crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

peter crouch

peter crouch Empty peter crouch

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:24

Peter Crouch is a very nice chap, but...

Now I always get the impression that Peter Crouch is a "bloody nice chap" and prior to recent off field events, I always imagined he would be ideal son-in law material, but as a footballer...

Okay, he sets up a few goals for Rafael Van der Vaart, but when you have the supply of Bale, Modric, Lennon and many more behind you, I bet Stevie Wonder would have not done much worse and he`s Sixty years old...

Now we all know that he works hard and puts in a shift, but it is quality that counts and I`m sorry, but it`s clear that Peter doesn`t quite cut it at this level as a starter, and although he might well be a very astute plan B, we really have problems if he is our plan A.

I can almost accept his tally of 8 in 38 last season and also understand that foreign sides don`t seem to know how to play him, but one solitary goal in twenty two league games this season, really isn`t good enough for all the assists he generates for VdV or anyone else. In truth, given the opportunities, would Pav, Defoe or even Keane, not have assisted the Dutchman half as much but scored nearer to double figures by this time?

Now I`m not unhappy to have Crouch as an option, as variety is valuable at times and on occasions, he is very hard to play against, but in the vast majority of games, how much trouble does he really cause Premiership defences? For me he may be an easy target, but he is also pretty easy to knock off the ball and also doesn`t have the quality end product of a natural poacher, whilst how many Van der Vaart assists are due to the ability of our No 11 and not the work of Crouch`s generosity? He may be very unselfish and hardworking, but it is very clear that we need more that a willing worker.

You may love or loathe our other three strikers, but at the same time, you may wonder how they feel at being overlooked by a player who may be very pleasant and team oriented, but simply doesn`t produce the goods where it matters and for however much they may like him, will they feel the same if we miss out on the Champions league because we have failed to put the ball in the back of the net often enough.

If you do the maths, and add last season`s 38 games to this seasons 22, it means that Crouch has played all or some of every league game for the club since his arrival and scored 9 in 60. Harry must either see something in the player that we don`t or he must feel the other options are simply not good enough, which is a worry as he bought two of them....

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7507171#ixzz1BFAPu3Fs

peter crouch Empty Re: peter crouch

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:24

9 in 60games lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:35

Crouch has 8 assists in the league this season

But then Chris Brunt as WBA has 10

Then you look at the type of players that have scored more than Crouch

DJ Campbell
    Odemwingie
    Clint Dempsey
    Wellbeck
    Downing
    Luke Varney
    Albrighton
    Ameobi

Its comical

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:36

Reserve Team

Crouch starts two games and we drop points. Prior to this, Crouch is dropped for 3 games and we pick up 9 points.

Seriously, FFS Harry!!! Can you not see it? Are you trying to proove some point? has Crouch got some dirt on you? Seriously, what the hell is going on?

is crouch letting harry sniff abbey thongs lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:28