The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale or ekotto ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale or ekotto ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale or ekotto ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale or ekotto ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Bale or ekotto ?

Bale or ekotto ? Empty Bale or ekotto ?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 16:19

Ok ! here is an interesting conundrum, who would you prefer in the left back position, or is there room for both players in the spurs team.?

Not banging my own drum here but i posted months back that ekotto was only keeping the left back position warm while bale recovered from injury, i got a couple of terse replies for that so i feel a little smug now bale is rampant down the left for us.

I know others on here think bale is more effective in the left back position than on the wing ! H,mmmm, i dont know really but i can see their point clearly, while ekotto wouldnt be a choice of mine to play left wing i think he has more defensive qualities than bale in the left back slot, but ekotto is tempremental and sometimes this can be costly, while bale seems a lot more laid back character.

I think there is room for both of them in the side, the only problem for me is how will we keep hold of players like bale if the likes of man utd come sniffing around ? and its no good coming back with a reply like "tell ferguson to fck off " because they just unsettle players immediately by dropping the merest of hints.

My man utd pal says that you cant blame players like carrick and berbatov for wanting to move on and get CL football, because they aint going to get it at spurs, and he reckons that only lennon might interest ferguson at the moment, i beg to differ.................bale is going to be a target for any of the top teams in the premiership, half the problem might be failing to ever get in the CL, we might just about be putting that right............
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bale or ekotto ? Empty Re: Bale or ekotto ?

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 26 2010, 19:28

That is one of the reasons we must get CL football Lew to give us a chance of hanging on to players like Bale and Lennon. What annoys me is that Manure are supposed to be skint only being able to pay the interest on their massive debt but they are still looking to buy players.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Mar 27 2010, 01:13

I reckon Bale because Modric looks a better player on the left and Bale links better with him on the overlap. A frequent ploy they use is the ball inside the defender played very well by Modric and Bale has the pace to get to it near the bye line and is a better crosser. Also defensively Ekotto tends to give his winger too much room and dives in.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sat Mar 27 2010, 20:24

IMO Ekotto is a better instictive defender against classy and clever fowards while Bale is an all round defender cum winger. However this poses an interesting dilema:
    1. Why not altanate so that Ekotto plays on the wing and Bele defending
    2. Keep one on the bench and alternate that way
    Either way we can not afford to lose either or both

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27 2010, 22:46

philip wrote:IMO Ekotto is a better instictive defender against classy and clever fowards while Bale is an all round defender cum winger. However this poses an interesting dilema:
    1. Why not altanate so that Ekotto plays on the wing and Bele defending
    2. Keep one on the bench and alternate that way
    Either way we can not afford to lose either or both

Phil i think that bale can do a job on the left wing because thats where we need someone badly who can beat defenders, so i reckon play them both, and then when we get lennon back we have two outstanding players attacking down both flanks.

Bale has admitted ! (i have read ) that he prefers to start his runs from defence, but until we get someone better i think keep him left wing, with ekotto left back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content