The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) Empty ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 20 2010, 00:18

I've not been online much because of my bad back & the amount of alcohol i was using as painkillers lol.

Let's start with a*se-nal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what can i say a great result & one i could see coming as it was the perfect game to get us going again after the Semi nightmare. Plus it was the fact that for once when it comes to playing a*se-nal late on in a season they weren't the only team with an ultimate goal & playing for some thing. We want that 4th place & we're showing it.

The Gooners had a lot of possession,,,,,,,,, but that was countered by a team with more determination to get the job done than i've seen from Spurs before i think. The spirit & the never say die attitude was there for all to see. That's Harry's Forte getting that out of players

Now the Rose goal was a spectacular effort (John Hartson said on Soccer AM it was the best goal he'd ever seen) & i'm so happy for the lad that on his debut to pull that out of the hat & against the Gooners in a win has made him an instant hero & if he never does any else has earned him about 5 years grace lol. But i don't think he did any thing else during the first half don't whether the emotions became to much for him but i was glad he came off at half time.

Gomes has come full circle from the Keeper a figure of ridicule to the hero i know he would become. I said give him time & posted continually telling people to be patient as we had a cult legend in the making & now we're seeing that. Three superb saves that shows so many different attributes,,,,,,,,,,, from positioning to his lightening fast reflexes.

Then we have Bale who over the two games made the Duracell (or is that Energiser lol) bunny look like he had been stuck in concrete lol. Plus he's added goals which makes him a player that i think should be in the mix for player of the season if he'd been in from the start. Another player i championed & said get this monkey off his back of the first win & he'll go from strength to strength.

Didn't really want to pick certain players out in what was such a good team display but i had to with those two.

On to Chelsea now i have to admit that when Man Utd beat Man City i was laughing my nads off in the race for 4th context,,,,,,,,,, but once i had composed myself i starting to think about further ramifications for us. Chelsea would be more focused & we'd be in for a right mauling maybe. But in reality it made them nervous & we bossed them all over the pitch. We didn't have to really hold on we weren't under continual pressure at any stage in the match another outstanding team performance

Now i just want to mention this because i think my heart stopped when i realised Defoe was taking the penalty after his recent debacles from the spot & it only started again when the ball smashed into the net. Good penalty in the end.

Dawson was a tower of strength in the match helping to guide Bassong through it & marshalling the troops for the full 90 minutes. But as it was such a great team effort i'm not going to single anyone else out.

But i do want to mention 3 players for there effort in both matches.

Firstly,,, Pavlyuchenko didn't score even though he should have done against Chelsea towards the end there. But his work rate especially defensively from the front was immense. Some of his passing was amazing as well. He really has turned the corner & made himself a first choice starter.

Secondly,,, Huddlestone for him to get through those two games after playing at Wembley with such intensity after being out injured speaks volumes as to how far he's come (Got to be in with a shout for the WC Squad now). His passing was just as good as we'd expect it to be. But it was his defence i was impressed with he seemed to relish keeping the midfield together in the absence of Palacios. To out muscle Chelsea in that area with Modric at his side was a minor miracle for me.

Last but not least,,, Kaboul was worried about him at RB didn't think he'd be agile enough. But he played well & used his strength well in attack as well. Kept going as well after not playing to much footy. I know he's not everyone cup of tea & even i think he plays for himself more than the team 9 times out of 10,,, but he was a very good team player this time out.

So any way that's my opinions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hope i haven't bored you with all this & i only have one more thing to say.
    a*se-nal & Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, put in there place,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Roll on The Manc's.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) Empty Re: ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take)

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 20 2010, 00:33

Well done Jim ...... ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) 208857 in London and its all kicking off with in-fighting amongst the Chelski and Goons ...Some of their forums are a joy to behold at the moment ARSENAL,,, CHELSEA,,, (My Take) Lol
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Apr 20 2010, 00:34

LET'S BE AVEING IT

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 00:49

hope your back gets better soon. . if we get sumthing at man u then i think 4th is ours. imagine if arsenal beat man c and we beat man u 4th will be almost done

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 08:26