The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE.

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. Empty V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE.

Post by SuneJim Sun Oct 21 2012, 04:26

Now normally after a loss like that,,,,,i'm inconsolable & stomping around F-ing & blinding,,,,,,,,,,,,But i'm not.
    We lost Bale & Dembele,,,, just before the KO & add that to Kaboul, Parker & having to play Vertonghen out of position because Assou-Ekotto is out, but how often is that mentioned. But we played against a full strength Chelsea team,,,, ok JT was missing but for me the way he's been playing i would rather the old racist was playing.
    We had a terrible first half after losing the two players,,,,,,but second half we looked much better,,,,,,,,,,,,,we made a lot of chances & could have gone 3-1 up at least ourselves before they hit back. So i'm not my usual livid self.
    Plus individual mistakes were made for the goals as well,,, which isn't a team thing & i really hope AVB doesn't cop the fall-out from this match as he had to deal with last minute withdrawrals & then got us fired up for the second half,,,,, & his substitutions were sound from what i saw,,,, so again while being disappointed i'm no more than that,,,,,,,,,,so roll on next week & put a line under this.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE. Empty Re: V Chelsea,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TAKE.

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 05:36

2_1 up at home Jim, we should have got something from this game. I'm gutted Mate.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Oct 21 2012, 05:41

No Shame really. Chelsea are a good Team. Without Bale,Dembele and Kab. We was light on key players at short notice and players out of position.
    We showed glipmses of what we could have been. They just need to keep their heads up and not dwell onto day.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:48

I really felt for AVB yesterday , losing so many players like that, no Bale , so we lose the only player with driving force who can run at defenses and make something happen , Dembele losing a player with his creative ability in the middle really showed , 100stone still looks a bit slow
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Oct 21 2012, 21:46

100stone lol lol!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 15:18

Interesting appraisal jim.
    I didnt see the game but heard bits of it on 5 live.
    The problem with bale being out is that things then happen down the right mainly, and i think that although lennon had a good game according to the radio, it restricted our attacking options.
    I am a bit concerned about the goals conceded, 3 in the second half, and apparently friedel didnt have a chance with any of them, but some of our defensive play and passing is awful.
    Maybe dawson should be playing as he has a point to prove, gallas is getting a little old now.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 22 2012, 18:55

Mr Plums. wrote:Interesting appraisal jim.
    The problem with bale being out is that things then happen down the right mainly, and i think that although lennon had a good game according to the radio, it restricted our attacking options.
    I am a bit concerned about the goals conceded, 3 in the second half, and apparently friedel didnt have a chance with any of them, but some of our defensive play and passing is awful.
    Maybe dawson should be playing as he has a point to prove, gallas is getting a little old now.

Damn right Lew, Gallas, not only for the goals was shocking all game.
    This will be the the real test of AVB, does he have the gonads to drop Gallas and Fridel and bring in Dawson nad LLoris.

However overall, they had less chances then we did and had their best team out, forget Terry, his a liability anyway. Add Dembele and Bale to Saturdays team, stick Kaboul, Benny, Parker in and your talking a very strong eleven, lets see what happens when we can really field our strongest team and lets face it, without us gifting them all 4 goals, they may look pretty on the eye, but they didnt create loads of chances.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 19:50

djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:Interesting appraisal jim.

Damn right Lew, Gallas, not only for the goals was shocking all game.
    This will be the the real test of AVB, does he have the gonads to drop Gallas and Fridel and bring in Dawson nad LLoris.

However overall, they had less chances then we did and had their best team out, forget Terry, his a liability anyway. Add Dembele and Bale to Saturdays team, stick Kaboul, Benny, Parker in and your talking a very strong eleven, lets see what happens when we can really field our strongest team and lets face it, without us gifting them all 4 goals, they may look pretty on the eye, but they didnt create loads of chances.

Hi Dave,
    Worse thing about the game for me was that our neighbour is an avid chelsea supporter, and, them and us dont get on, nothing to do with supporting different sides, just that my wife hates them, for a few reasons i wont mention here.
    So for me what happened last year in the cl, and the defeat at home hurts a bit to say the least.
    Yeah i reckon avb hasnt really been able to field his best team yet since becoming spurs manager, having said that i think he has done ok so far.
    I cant really comment much as i didnt see the match, i heard some of it on 5 live, just a few points from the commentary was that chelsea were good on the counter attack, and maybe avb should be more aware in future, when we were 2-1 up maybe we should have parked the bus....lol.
    Just have to move on as jim says, i look forward to a full strength spurs side, no excuses then.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 22 2012, 20:12

Having watched the whole game mate, although that plenty of possession and the three behind Torres were prerty on the eye, they did not create that many chances where Friedel had to make a save. First goal, whilst a terrific volley from Cahil, Gallas should have made a better clearance and like poor old Ledley at the end, just does not have the spring to get up and get power behind a clearing header. Their second another poor clearance from Gallas straight to Mata, who was playing very well. Third was a very good ball by Hazard, but Gallas was so slow and flat footed and Walker, just watched Mata run through and from what I have seen so far, Lloris is mutch quicker off his line and may have got to the ball before Mata. Fourth, is there no row z anymore? Walker fannying around with the ball on the touch line and mata nicked it from him to set up a tap in. So gifted 4 goals and missing our two best players in Bale and Dembele, so no need to be despondent.
    On the matter of Bale, pregnantcy is a 9 month thing, so it was ok to travel to Croatia midweek, but miss a game that we pay his wages for!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:55