The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Palacios.... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Palacios.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Palacios.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Palacios.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Palacios.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Palacios.... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Palacios.... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Palacios.... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Palacios.... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Palacios.... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Palacios....

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Palacios.... Empty Palacios....

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Apr 25 2010, 08:33

..... was a mistake today, we should have stuck with THudd and Modric in the centre with Bale wide left. But hey ho live and learn lets crack on and do Bolton next week!!!

Palacios.... Empty Re: Palacios....

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 10:10

Palacios returned just in the nick of time!

I was getting carried with our success there, thinking we really were unbeatable, but now I feel far more realistic. Tottenham beating Man U at Old Trafford ... dream on!

With the return of Palacios, we were able to shift Bale out of the position he had destroyed Chelsea in, and at the same time shift Ekotto over to right back, which makes sense as who needs a right foot at right back anyway?

So after two sensational performances(notably from our central midfield and left wing) we change key positions to bring back Palacios. And how does Palacios reward us? By being woeful with possession in the first half, gifting them a free kick in a great position, and in the second half giving away a penalty. Welcome back Wilson!

At this point I would like to add a section called "Blah, Blah, Blah", where I talk about how great Palacios was in his first season, and how he will be great for us again.

But if Vedran 'never a right back' Corluka isnt available why isnt Kyle Walker playing?

Maybe im missing something, but wasnt Bale sensational at left mid? And didnt Modric and Huddlestone do a fantastic job against the might of ars*nal and Chelsea?

I feel a bit sorry for Ekotto in all of this, because he will probably be gutted for having given that penalty away, but can someone please explain to me what the hell he was doing at right back?

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 04:07