The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Palacios EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Palacios EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Palacios EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Palacios EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Palacios EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Palacios EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Palacios EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Palacios EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Palacios EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Palacios Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ArnieArdiles
ionman34
djfitzo
7 posters

Palacios

djfitzo
    International
    International

Palacios Empty Palacios

Post by djfitzo Mon May 24 2010, 23:18

Do you think Wilsons loss of form has anything to with us buying Sandro? Much the same way Bentley's not the same player when he knows Lennon is coming back.

Palacios Empty Re: Palacios

Post by Guest Mon May 24 2010, 23:23

i dont think so dave, its been a hard long season and he seems the type of player that always puts a shift in, plus he does a lot of flying about for his national team, the guy needs a break i reckon.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 24 2010, 23:28

[quote="djfitzo"]Do you think Wilsons loss of form has anything to with us buying Sandro? Much the same way Bentley's not the same player when he knows Lennon is coming back.

Can't see it TBH DJ. He had a pretty bad year, what with the murder of his brother, and I think he's just jaded. He's lost form pretty much in the way that Dawson did for a while.

Now look at what a spell out with the Coaches does for a player when you look at Dawson, Bale and Bentley.

I reckon he needs the break, recharge the batteries and he'll be back challenging for his place.

What a nice headache for Harry. Modric and the Hud playing unexpectedly well together, Sandro now in and Wilson keeping the pressure up for constant high performance.

All players fit at the start of the season and we'll have a midfield that will absolutely terrify opposition.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 24 2010, 23:29

could be, but a lot of players these days travel, Mascherano, Teves etc, the guys at the African Cup, they seemed ok at the end of the season, didnt see Palacios running out of gas though.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 24 2010, 23:31

[quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:Do you think Wilsons loss of form has anything to with us buying Sandro? Much the same way Bentley's not the same player when he knows Lennon is coming back.

Can't see it TBH DJ. He had a pretty bad year, what with the murder of his brother, and I think he's just jaded. He's lost form pretty much in the way that Dawson did for a while.

Now look at what a spell out with the Coaches does for a player when you look at Dawson, Bale and Bentley.

I reckon he needs the break, recharge the batteries and he'll be back challenging for his place.

What a nice headache for Harry. Modric and the Hud playing unexpectedly well together, Sandro now in and Wilson keeping the pressure up for constant high performance.

All players fit at the start of the season and we'll have a midfield that will absolutely terrify opposition.

Shhh!! got world cup and pre-season, christ knows whos gonna turn up for duty come August!! however, with the squad we got and possibly will have at the start of the season, I think we would have all bases covered.

Post by Guest Mon May 24 2010, 23:33

lol u should of came to the emirates last 3 games, u would of seen tired players then.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 25 2010, 02:04

[quote="djfitzo"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Do you think Wilsons loss of form has anything to with us buying Sandro? Much the same way Bentley's not the same player when he knows Lennon is coming back.

Shhh!! got world cup and pre-season, christ knows whos gonna turn up for duty come August!! however, with the squad we got and possibly will have at the start of the season, I think we would have all bases covered.

The more I think of Joe Cole the more Im liking the idea now ...Get a few million for Jenas and Harry has plenty of options in midfield .... Hudd, Wilson, Sandro, Modric, , Kranjcar, Eidur, + Cole ? .... will Harry 4-4-2 morph into 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 in some games ?
    I also think Ion has hit the nail on the head in his opening paragraph regarding Wilson's form and surely he mustve been hit by the news of his brother's murder .... Also theres many saying that Defoe had a dip in form in the second half of the season and he too had a similar family tragedy to cope with. Plenty of sleepness nights for the pair of them I'd imagine and for athletes, I feel thats bound to affect their A-game .

Post by Guest Tue May 25 2010, 05:52

i thought hes form dipped when he started thinking about playin for a bigger team. sayin that we all thought it was doom and gloom when he got susppended pickin up that booking aganst portsmout. and it turned out to be a blessing
    Fabregasdoestheoff
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by Fabregasdoestheoff Wed May 26 2010, 08:17

Has anyone mentioned that his brother died? I think thats whats had the biggest effect on him.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 26 2010, 09:16

Fabregasdoestheoff wrote:Has anyone mentioned that his brother died? I think thats whats had the biggest effect on him.

Yep, here.

I also think Ion has hit the nail on the head in
    his opening paragraph regarding Wilson's form and surely he mustve been
    hit by the news of his brother's murder ..

and here.
    Can't see it TBH DJ. He had a pretty bad
    year, what with the murder of his brother,
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu May 27 2010, 17:06

Theirs a piece in 1 of the morning papers today about Wilson, talking about his/ Honduras chances in the World Cup and "How he almost quit football" after the tragic death of his brother. So there you go people we should be thankful Wilson is still kicking the ball about the Lane, because had it not be for the advice of his friends and family he was going to jack it all in!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu May 27 2010, 20:41

HotspurRoper wrote:Theirs a piece in 1 of the morning papers today about Wilson, talking about his/ Honduras chances in the World Cup and "How he almost quit football" after the tragic death of his brother. So there you go people we should be thankful Wilson is still kicking the ball about the Lane, because had it not be for the advice of his friends and family he was going to jack it all in!

I know its sounds mercenary, but will his mind ever be right?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu May 27 2010, 23:21

[quote="djfitzo"]
    HotspurRoper wrote:Theirs a piece in 1 of the morning papers today about Wilson, talking about his/ Honduras chances in the World Cup and "How he almost quit football" after the tragic death of his brother. So there you go people we should be thankful Wilson is still kicking the ball about the Lane, because had it not be for the advice of his friends and family he was going to jack it all in!

In time Dave.

Losing someone that close to you hits you real hard and makes you question everything.

He'll refind his love of the game, the competitive instinct, and will probably come back a better player.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 28 2010, 01:06

[quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:

In time Dave.

Losing someone that close to you hits you real hard and makes you question everything.

He'll refind his love of the game, the competitive instinct, and will probably come back a better player.

Lets hope so mate, cos early season he was what our club was crying out for, funny that, for years weve needed a midfield enforcer and like red buses we get two in Palacios and Sandro and Harry converts Hudd for good measure too!!
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun May 30 2010, 21:44

Yes ....his brothers kidnap and subsequence death must have had a grave effect on him but wasnt there stories of him wanting a move to Real Madrid back in March and that he was using our club like a stepping stone to move to a bigger club......so maybe he just wants to move on and he has lost interest in playing in the premiership? If that was the case i think buying Sandro to replace him and let him leave as for one i dont want any player at the Lane that is using us as a stepping stone ...
    Heres the link for the story back in March..
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/7411786/Tottenhams-Wilson-Palacios-wants-Real-Madrid-move.html
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 30 2010, 23:10

I quite agree with that if it is that case that he wants to move on, especially as you say now Sandro is coming in. Trouble is you never know if it is just paper talk though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 06:18