The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
I hold my hand up. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
I hold my hand up. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
I hold my hand up. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
I hold my hand up. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
I hold my hand up. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
I hold my hand up. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
I hold my hand up. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
I hold my hand up. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
I hold my hand up. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

I hold my hand up. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

I hold my hand up.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

I hold my hand up. Empty I hold my hand up.

Post by BazSpur Thu May 06 2010, 22:48

I said on here some time ago that I didn't think Arry was the man to take us to the next level and get us to the CL. I also said I hope I would be proved wrong and if proved wrong I said I would be back on here saying I was wrong. Well, here I am saying I was wrong. Ion, Dave and some others said they believed Arry was the man to get us 4th place and what do you know? They were right. Arry is a fantastic manager. I remember watching him in an interview not long after he took over. He said " I will build a fantastic team at Spurs" I believe we will get better next season. Ion has said he belives we will not just be chasing 4th next season but the title itself. Who am I to argue. A toast to all those that had the belief. I hold my hand up. 523963
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

I hold my hand up. Empty Re: I hold my hand up.

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 07 2010, 01:23

Ive backed Harry and criticised him too Baz .....

Always believed he could do it for us , more so after our first few months this season ... I thought perhaps , mid January and Febuary he may blow it this season when with his perseverance with the long ball added to the injuries of key players like Lennon and BAE we maybe took a little longer to adjust than i'd hoped...

I wrote just ahead of the away game at Wigan that Harry was at a pivotal moment in our season after a poor performance away to Wolves and in the cup at Bolton, that he needed to change and not be a slow learner and sometimes good management means biting you lip otherwise I would lose my faith in him .... He made the Pavlychenko substitution against Wigan and so I continued my belief in him as the team spirit was there for all to see...

Many didnt give us a chance for fourth , looking at our April fixtures and with a cup semi shocker thrown in, it didnt look good but Harry and the boys, Sunderland and Man Ure away aside , have been brilliant and in our in our last ten matches, we have lost twice but managed to collect 24 points. I think had Harry gone with the Hudd , Modric midfield rather than look to accomodate Wilson's return , we may even have got something at Old Trafford but a manager is allowed to make mistakes , even the top ones .....

Its gonna be a great summer for us yids and we can enjoy the world cup with one eye on the draw for the champs league (6th Aug ) knowing we are in good hands from the Chairman to the football management .....

All Hail Harry Hotspur ....
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 07 2010, 02:04

Damn right, I think everyone thought that with solid financial backing at a big club, Harry could do well. He was always going to make mistakes as hes never been in this position before and he has learned from them quickly. Roll on next season, keep more or less the same squad, add a little more quality and lets see how far we can go!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 05:01