The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
more joe cole - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

more joe cole - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

more joe cole

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

more joe cole - Page 2 Empty Re: more joe cole

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 18:49

Well, its only what I have been told Burgs but he is usually spot on in his snippets concerning Liverpool mate. As I say we'll see. Apparently the Yanks have been frozen out of negotioations with the club by some commission and have been told they will sell up. As I say mate we'll see.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 20:47

burger777 wrote:so finacialy they progressed, well done man city someone bought you, apart from that there club are not even close, i said last year that yids were closer to us than them and i was right, i will make that same statemnet for next year. im not disagreeing with you for the sake of it lew, teams like man city are ruining football with there overpriced buys ans jumped up wages, these teams aint only ruining football as a specatacle they are ruining the heart of there own club, man city youth system is the best in the land and will be overlooked now as like u say they wont wait for that kid to develop they will jsut invest heaviley on someone. if this would start happening t arsenal i would stop going and rip my season ticket up, money may be the bee and end all for u lew in football and u may be hanging out for this sugar daddy to come along and take u to the next level, me i prefer my club to stay alive and compete from an internal level, from what we get thru the gate, from what we sell players and merchandise wise, i dont want some oil tycoon to come along and play with us like toy soldier, sorry mate this aint progression as a club imo this sort of thing is killing football and teams like man city, i cant consider this progression,

Burg ! i cant believe you are making statements on my behalf like " waiting for a sugar daddy to come to spurs " honestly mate i never ever said that in any post i ever did on here or aol, personally i have never thought about it, i am happy with levy and harry respectively as chairman and manager, i like our buy youth policy because in lennon, bale and huddlestone it has proven to be the right thing to do and hopefully we might get the ipswich teenager soon because he looks a great prospect.
    I cant say anymore about man citys progression other than put it on a chart for you, or explain that yes ! you are the better side at the moment but you havent got the players to challenge chelsea and man utd, while city will just buy and buy , chop managers until they get it right to get above both of those teams, and thats what i mean about the rate of progression they have made, yes they have spent millions doing it but look how far up the league placings they have come, while you are still where you were before, now if city continue to progress at that rate both arsenal and spurs will have to be looking over their shoulders, cant you see that or are you on a wind up ?

I totally agree that money is ruining the game, players are just getting greedier, but thats the way the game has gone, clubs are going bust because of player wages and large transfer fees, its all out of hand mate, which is why i am in favour of a wage and transfer cap, that way teams like city and chelsea to a lesser extent would have to hunt out youngsters like we are at spurs, yes we will always be in for any big name available but how many will we get ? we paid relatively big money for pav, modric and berbatov but they were gambles other teams didnt want to take, unproven at premeirship level.

I dont really want to gamble against my own club but i have to face the truth and say man city will reach the cl this season, i just hope it isnt at our expense, if liverpool were vulnerable to losing their top 4 spot then i think also arsenal along with ourselves are, i will take a tenner bet for charity if you like on the same bet we had last year.

Let me know burg !

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 03:02

u want a ten pound bet that man city will get cl football next season instead of us.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Jun 17 2010, 03:11

bit like walnut playing more mins in the world cup than lennon
    what a mug this gooner is

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 03:13

only 20 quid up on this board leggy.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 07:44

lewspurs wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:Please answer this Lew, if CL was only for the top 3, would you still consider the 4th spot finish you achieved as progression?

Of course i would mark, 7th to 4th is three places better than previous , i cant see how that can be questioned ?

Well surprise surprise Lew I'm going to question it more joe cole - Page 2 Lol Cos i say that apart from the Ramos started season you (as a club) have been in the top 6 for a while now, I'm honest enough to recognise that the lasagnegate affair just scraped us in, if it wern't for that then you had top 4 in your grasp that season, so realistically you've also remained 'static' for a while now.

but if we come 4th next year its ok but not league form progression, however if we got through to the cl semi finals or even the final (go on laugh ) then i would still see that as being an improvement.

Arsenal are a bit like the bridesmaid but never the bride ! you are just one of those teams now that enjoy great league status but when it comes to the crunch wont ever reach those same heights wenger took you to years ago,, but its expected of him even though he doesnt have the spending power of chelsea or international status that gives man utd the chance to sign great players because they have a name of renown.

You have to accept mark that arsenal are third best to man utd and chelsea ! you are as you were and will remain so.......................static !

The rest of it I think is a reasonable assessment. The chance we have of winning the league now is a cup shock type of year... we nearly done it the season just gone with the top 2 being unexpectedly inconsistent in the run in. Injuries to us also surely took their toll.
    But anyone who thinks that Arsenal are in the more joe cole - Page 2 103888 ballpark is either mad or a spurs supporter!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 08:05

that why i have moved on mark, them goalposts are on the next pitch now, but seriously it could be better but couldn every football team, even the best teams i can identify weaknesses, im cool with yids saying we are stagnate or not progressing and thinking man city are more of a danger than us, this gives me no headaches at all. the big question is am i happy with what arsenal has achieved in the last 5 years, well trophy wise of course not but i have been an arsenal fan for over 40 so why dont that question get asked over 40 years and not the to suit yids 5 years, i dont change my support or my thuts on acheivements to suit someones diary, i look at the big picture and that means from the word go to the next 10 years, but as it happens i am ok with the last 5 years, what wenger has achieved, with what he has had and what he has lost is near miracle, yids will never accept this but they know ite true, arsenal sign buffon,dawson and cole after the world cup we will win the league next year, thats how close we are.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 17 2010, 08:41

YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 09:01

Mark2spark wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:Please answer this Lew, if CL was only for the top 3, would you still consider the 4th spot finish you achieved as progression?

Of course i would mark, 7th to 4th is three places better than previous , i cant see how that can be questioned ?

Well surprise surprise Lew I'm going to question it more joe cole - Page 2 Lol Cos i say that apart from the Ramos started season you (as a club) have been in the top 6 for a while now, I'm honest enough to recognise that the lasagnegate affair just scraped us in, if it wern't for that then you had top 4 in your grasp that season, so realistically you've also remained 'static' for a while now.
    Top 6 isnt 4th mark and ramos actually took us backwards before harry got us back on track, plus our final points tally showed the (progress ) made from previous seasons, how can that be ruled as static ?

but if we come 4th next year its ok but not league form progression, however if we got through to the cl semi finals or even the final (go on laugh ) then i would still see that as being an improvement.

Arsenal are a bit like the bridesmaid but never the bride ! you are just one of those teams now that enjoy great league status but when it comes to the crunch wont ever reach those same heights wenger took you to years ago,, but its expected of him even though he doesnt have the spending power of chelsea or international status that gives man utd the chance to sign great players because they have a name of renown.

You have to accept mark that arsenal are third best to man utd and chelsea ! you are as you were and will remain so.......................static !

The rest of it I think is a reasonable assessment. The chance we have of winning the league now is a cup shock type of year... we nearly done it the season just gone with the top 2 being unexpectedly inconsistent in the run in. Injuries to us also surely took their toll.
    But anyone who thinks that Arsenal are in the more joe cole - Page 2 103888 ballpark is either mad or a spurs supporter!
    Well i have said my piece mark for what it is worth ! all the top 4 are in danger with what is going on at eastlands, its just that you and burger cant accept it, and that its a possibilty your cl place could be the next one taken by another club.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 09:53

"How can that be ruled as static?"

IMO there or thereabouts is static. Same as us, 3rd or 4th, static. A bit like the years when it was only us or Man U 1st or 2nd, we was static then. Chelski have spoiled our party with the ability to lose £700 million or so over the last 7 years.

I've not said that Man C aren't a danger. Of course they are. Any of the current top four could have a bad year and dip outy of the top 4. Granted, it's less likely with Chelski & Man U but nonetheless possible. The onus is on spurs to now go, ooooh, how many years is it on the trot?.... 10 years running in the top 4? to prove that they aren't a flash in the pan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content