The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Empty Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium?

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 28 2010, 05:50

Spurs could abandon stadium plans in Tottenham

2:29pm Tuesday 27th July 2010

SPURS are poised to submit a bid to move into the Olympic stadium
    after the 2012 London games putting an end to its plans for a new
    stadium in its Tottenham home.

According to latest reports, the Premier League club has opened
    "informal talks" with the organisers of the Games about future use of
    the 80,000 capacity facility, in east London.

As well as upsetting loyal fans and abandoning its home since the club was founded, Tottenham Hotspur would be in direct competition with
    London rivals West Ham United.

The debt-hit Hammers have their own designs to inherit the stadium
    after the London Games, and the club is located in the borough of Newham
    along with the Olympic park.

Spurs may consider the move following a number of objections to its
    brand new stadium, to be built near its current home of White Hart Lane,
    from heritage groups, police as well as issues over
    parking.
    I really hope Levy et al are not thinking of moving into Spam country. How short sighted are Harringay council? Can't they see that a new developement in Tottenham will bring in much needed trade and jobs. Typical council jobworths.

Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Empty Re: Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 05:53

I can't wait lolol Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Icon_biggrin
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Empty Re: Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium?

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:02

Nobody cares what you think.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:17

Mark2spark wrote:I can't wait lolol Spurs To Move Into Olympic Stadium? Icon_biggrin

Peed your pants again sparky ! you really must learn to wait until the toilets free.....................
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:27

i heard that this morning baz apparently its rubbish . tottenham issued a statement earlier saying its not true and they are going ahead with the stadium plans
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:32

Cant see this happening. I'm guessing that this is Levy trying to force Harngeys hand to overcome the planning issues.

Remember, we are North London.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:44

I saw a similar article Baz and discounted it. Sometime ago Spurs where linked with a move to the 2012 stadiuym and it was dismissed out of hand. As it says they are informal talks. Thats if any talks have taken place at all. Maybe it's just a bit of forward thinking and a planning exercise to test Harringeys resolve.

The BBC has learned that Tottenham has made contact with the OLPC, although the club's officials denied they had made an official approach.
    A spokeswoman said: "Tottenham Hotspur has not, to date, submitted a bid for the Olympic Stadium and, all things proceeding well with our current plans to build a new stadium within Tottenham, we see no need to."

Truth in that yes as sometime ago Spurs did discuss it and promptly vetoed the idea. But are we still considering the move ? I can't see it myself. This next part, is for me, the intresting bit.

The club is currently working on a planning application for a new 56,000-seat stadium adjacent to their current White Hart Lane ground in north London, but has faced opposition from local police and national heritage groups about their plans.

The heritage bit has been addressed so as to integrate the tumble-down Victorian houses into the plans. Oh such horror some old Victorian properties at risk so lets not regenerate an area ! These are the same type of people who infiltrate local councils then turn rows of Victorian '2 up 2 downs' into conservation areas and force people to keep their houses in an image of the dark industrial ages. NO you can't have double glazing, it doesn't befit a 100+ year old property ! These short sighted Luddites forget this is the 21st century and invariably planning commitees and government realise this and turn over petty posturing on behalf of a bygone age. Yes conservation has it's place, but sometimes progress has to be allowed for the betterment of a community. As for the Police ? WTF have they got to do with planning matters ? Keep ya nose out Uncle Plod and concentrate on law & order . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 08:21

VisionarySound wrote:The heritage bit has been addressed so as to integrate the tumble-down Victorian houses into the plans. Oh such horror some old Victorian properties at risk so lets not regenerate an area ! These are the same type of people who infiltrate local councils then turn rows of Victorian '2 up 2 downs' into conservation areas and force people to keep their houses in an image of the dark industrial ages. NO you can't have double glazing, it doesn't befit a 100+ year old property ! These short sighted Luddites forget this is the 21st century and invariably planning commitees and government realise this and turn over petty posturing on behalf of a bygone age. Yes conservation has it's place, but sometimes progress has to be allowed for the betterment of a community. As for the Police ? WTF have they got to do with planning matters ? Keep ya nose out Uncle Plod and concentrate on law & order . . . . .

Yep, i'll agree with that semi rant lol rep point added

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 08:29

cstmrsking wrote:
    Remember, we are North London.
    Don't forget to add 'since 1963' will ya...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 10:22