The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry leaving it late.................. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry leaving it late.................. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Harry leaving it late..................

Harry leaving it late.................. Empty Harry leaving it late..................

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 19:45

Having written that i thought cole and bellamy would be arriving soon i hold up my hands to say what a complete plonker i was jumping the (transfer gun ) i should believe in my own beliefs that transfer gossip is what i titled it in the transfer section (transfer cobblers ) a load of old tosh that should be treated with complete disdain.

Then i wrote we dont need anyone ? hmmmmmmmm ! that too is debatable, my beliefs that the squad that got us where we are is good enough was based upon the fact that we did without lennon for much of the season, and modric was crocked for a couple of months yet we achieved what we did, also bale was a revelation, but he only played in the first team when ekotto was crocked, took his chance well but how long was that for ? the last third of the season comes to mind.

You can understand then why i said we dont need anyone having these three players fit and well for the coming slog, and my other way of thinking was how well the players that filled in for them still kept us in the cl positions race.

So thats what i based my assessment on when i wrote we dont need anyone.

But i dont think it works like that ! does it ? obviously harry has his targets but he is keeping very quiet, it was west ham that announced to all and sundry that an offer had been made for parker, so harry is active in telling levy he wants this player or that player, but he seems to be coming up against a brick wall in getting who he wants.

To back up my what i originally said about cole and bellamy coming to spurs it seems that harry did want both players, i suppose we still have a chance with bellamy as city look to trim their squad...but ! who knows.

I have a feeling ! and i say this with reticence.........that we could see a couple of world cup players coming in because harry is failing in buying in the home scene, so heres a question for you all ? who would you want from any of the sides that competed in the world cup, and please be realistic and remember we have a sensible wage ceiling at our club.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Harry leaving it late.................. Empty Re: Harry leaving it late..................

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 31 2010, 20:21

Suarez or Fabiano would be good for a start but you know what? I have a feeling Arry is going to stick with Keane.

Harry leaving it late.................. Empty Re: Harry leaving it late..................

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 22:02

Oh dear ! hope not baz , but keane has looked sharp in the friendlies.

I cant really see where harry is going to get players that are an improvement on what he has already, but a couple of the german players looked pretty good to me....

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 22:20

The only club that seem to be actively doing business are Citeh Lew. Players for sale seem to be at a premium at the moment. All we seem to be linked with is midfielders (my thoughts on this in Transfers section). As you say it's pointless bringing in players for the sake of it if it isn't going to improve on what we already have. But we deffo need cover for centre-halfs and strikers . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 23:39

You dont have to worry about Bellemy, he's off to Fulham to link up with Hughes. THANK F**K
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 01 2010, 01:45

As you say Max, thank fcuk for that.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 03 2010, 00:17

Micah Richards, Parker and Fabiano would make me a happy bunny and throw in Ozil ( who incidently his club want to sell because they need the money )Then we would be on our way.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 03 2010, 22:16

[quote="totalytot"]Micah Richards, Parker and Fabiano would make me a happy bunny and throw in Ozil ( who incidently his club want to sell because they need the money )Then we would be on our way.

I'd go along those choices Mikey. All would bring added strength to all 3 thirds of the pitch. The advent of Parker would spell the end of Jenas too, definitely an improvement in my eyes.

I'd also see Fabiano as a 'Marquee' signing too, as Harry put it. Certainly a step up from Keane.

Ozil looks real quality and I'd be over the moon if we snare him ......................... Forgive me if I don't hold my breath though won't you?

Richards though is the one I see as being probably the best bit of business. Heir to the Kings throne? I see a lot of Ledders in Richards, a good reader of the game who will get better as he gets older, particularly if Ledders coaches him. He's pacey, like King, and shows the kind of poise on the ball that King has.

For me King is the best of his generation and has been robbed of proving it by his injuries. If Richards realises his full potential, and develops to play anythingh like King, then we'll have another World Class player on our books.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 13:51