The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid Empty Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15 2010, 23:03

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid For West Ham's Scott Parker

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has stepped up his pursuit of Scott Parker by tabling a £12 million bid for the West Ham skipper.

Aug 15, 2010 12:30:00 PM

Redknapp is aiming to test the resolve of his former club after having had a £7 million offer rejected earlier this month.

According to The Sunday Mirror, the Spurs boss wants to offer Parker the dream shot at Champions League football this season and is hoping that an increased bid will land his man.

Despite West Ham's owners claiming that Parker was the one player that they wouldn't contemplate selling, Spurs have refused to give up the chase, coming back with an improved offer.

Chairman David Sullivan blasted Spurs after their first bid and claimed he was 'very angry' at what he believed to be an attempt at unsettling Parker.

The Hammers have also attempted to prolong the former Newcastle and Chelsea man's stay at Upton Park by offering him a new bumper five-year deal.

But the Hammers' hierarchy have not yet dissuaded Redknapp, who remains undaunted as he searches for those "one or two top quality players to tip the balance for us".
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid Empty Re: Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Aug 15 2010, 23:47

If the Daily Mirror story is true :
    The central midfield positions are Hudds and Modds at the moment ...We also have Palacios , Jenas, O'Hara and then it's the youngsters after these ....

Im thinking Harry wants to shift Jenas out for say around 8 million then get in Parker for a similar fee ... However the Spammers aint having that ....

Personaly I think 12 million or more, is way over the top for the 29 year old who will have no sell on value and then when we take into account his 4 million a year wages, our total outlay on him for the next four years would be something in the region of 28 million .....
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid Empty Re: Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 16 2010, 00:13

You also have to remember we have Sandro coming in as well Arnie. Why are we bothering with Parker. IF it is true.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16 2010, 00:50

If this is true it makes no sense to me. As Arnie & Baz have pointed out we have a wealth of talent in this posistion already. Injuries & suspensions are well covered. In fact throughout midfield we have at least 2 very good players for each posistion so midfield ain't where we needs to be a looking !
    According to the meeja I've seen today 'arry is still intrested in Gallas. Now I've stated my thoughts in other threads on this one but I am now slowly warming towards the idea but I wouldn't say I was estactic about it just yet ! ! ! Also rumours about Keane & Jenas going to Villa. I can't understand Jenas, under Big Mart he was playing well & scoring goals. Since then not much at all. For the sake of his career I think he needs the move. Robbie is a conumdrum tho'. Has he regained his appetite for Spurs ? If so keep him. I've also read that Levy is sitting on funding until after Tuesday's game. He's obviously seeing whether we get the extra C/L revenue . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 16 2010, 05:12

I think Levy sitting on funds until after Tuesdays game is spot on Vis. I'm sure that Harry has players in mind to come in and players to go out but it all rests on Tuesday's result. Also, other than Citeh the transfer merry go round hasn't even started yet as all clubs are waiting for the first moves to happen to raise the dough.
    Jenas would be better off with a move, you're right, as he's not going to get many opportunities with us. The guy is an enigma to me as he has so much talent but very rarely does it come through. I personally believe that we have never really used him in his best position and to me that is playing him further up the field not deep where he gets caught out to many times but going forward and creating chances and scoring goals. The few times he has played that role he has looked good and scored some great goals.

Mikey M
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon Aug 16 2010, 05:47

MAXIMUS wrote:Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp Ready To Launch £12 Million Bid For West Ham's Scott Parker

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has stepped up his pursuit of Scott Parker by tabling a £12 million bid for the West Ham skipper.

Aug 15, 2010 12:30:00 PM

Redknapp is aiming to test the resolve of his former club after having had a £7 million offer rejected earlier this month.

According to The Sunday Mirror, the Spurs boss wants to offer Parker the dream shot at Champions League football this season and is hoping that an increased bid will land his man.

Despite West Ham's owners claiming that Parker was the one player that they wouldn't contemplate selling, Spurs have refused to give up the chase, coming back with an improved offer.

Chairman David Sullivan blasted Spurs after their first bid and claimed he was 'very angry' at what he believed to be an attempt at unsettling Parker.

The Hammers have also attempted to prolong the former Newcastle and Chelsea man's stay at Upton Park by offering him a new bumper five-year deal.

But the Hammers' hierarchy have not yet dissuaded Redknapp, who remains undaunted as he searches for those "one or two top quality players to tip the balance for us".

I dont think Levy will part that sort of money for yet another central midfielder..we have so many to choose from right now and plus at the age of 29 is he worth that he will think? So i dont think anything will come from this to be honest

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16 2010, 06:50

totalytot wrote:I think Levy sitting on funds until after Tuesdays game is spot on Vis. I'm sure that Harry has players in mind to come in and players to go out but it all rests on Tuesday's result. Also, other than Citeh the transfer merry go round hasn't even started yet as all clubs are waiting for the first moves to happen to raise the dough.
    Jenas would be better off with a move, you're right, as he's not going to get many opportunities with us. The guy is an enigma to me as he has so much talent but very rarely does it come through. I personally believe that we have never really used him in his best position and to me that is playing him further up the field not deep where he gets caught out to many times but going forward and creating chances and scoring goals. The few times he has played that role he has looked good and scored some great goals.

Mikey M

Personally mike i dont think the reason for little or no tottenham transfer activity is anything to do with what city are doing ! yes it makes sense that city,s millions will start the frenzy off, but the obvious reason is the cl qualifier, progress beyond that and more money is in the kitty and i reckon levy being a very astute man has told harry that.

Its frustrating because an obvious goal poacher is needed, if only to play off defoes rebounds, i said this a couple of weeks back, i also said i reckon keane could play that very part because as far as i am concerned he has to do a lot of his own work to get in a goal scoring chance and inevitably shoots wide or straight at the keeper.

As far as parker is concerned, he is a battler, the type of player you need in a team, but is any of the gossip about harry bidding on him true ?

I see more truth in the loic remy rumours but as usual........time will tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 16:14