The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Positive from Galls EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Positive from Galls EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Positive from Galls EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Positive from Galls EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Positive from Galls EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Positive from Galls EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Positive from Galls EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Positive from Galls EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Positive from Galls EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Positive from Galls Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Positive from Galls

Positive from Galls Empty Positive from Galls

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 21:46

New Tottenham signing William Gallas believes Spurs have a chance of winning the Premier League this season.
    The North London club, who controversially recruited Gallas on a free transfer from local rivals Arsenal, finished fourth last season.
    "We just have to believe in ourselves," Gallas, 33, told the club's website.
    "We have got young players with great quality, they just have to believe in their capacity to do something. I hope we can achieve this."
    Tottenham have only twice won the English league championship - last doing so in 1961 - while Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal have dominated the Premier League since its inception in 1992/93

France international Gallas, who won two Premier League titles and a League Cup winner's medal with Chelsea before moving to Arsenal, first trained with his new team-mates on Monday after agreeing terms on a one-year deal with an option to extend on Saturday.
    "The atmosphere is great here," he told tottenhamhotspur.com. "I like that and I'm just looking forward to playing as soon as possible and winning some games.
    "It was not an easy decision [having played for Arsenal] but I am here now and I will give my best. What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything.
    "I just want to be fit as soon as possible, train with my team-mates and play matches. I want to show everybody I am still here."
    Gallas was not registered for European competition so will be unable to play against Young Boys in the second leg of Spurs' Champions League qualifier on Wednesday.
    But the former Marseille defender, has played in Europe's elite competition in each of the past seven seasons, believes that Tottenham can overturn their 3-2 deficit and progress to the group stages.
    Spurs are ready for the Champions League, even though they lost the first game," he said.
    "I have seen the game and the team showed character to come back. I am confident we will win that game.
    "I have played many games in the Champions League. It is the best level to play at as you are up against the biggest teams and you can show how good you are.
    "The atmosphere is so great. When you hear the music you just want to get on the pitch and battle for 90 minutes. It would be good for Spurs."
    It is unknown when Gallas, who is roughly two weeks away from being match ready, will make his Spurs debut.
    "What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything," he added.

Positive from Galls Empty Re: Positive from Galls

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 22:53

BILLY BOY knows you know!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25 2010, 03:33

welcome home son lol he does seem to score lots of goals, imagine if he scores aganst the woolich wanders lol

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25 2010, 03:49

lought when spurs play arsenal, u stck a few quid on gallas scoring at anytime during the game, i am lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Aug 25 2010, 04:59

YOU SOUND SO GUTTED LOL

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25 2010, 05:01

burger777 wrote:lought when spurs play arsenal, u stck a few quid on gallas scoring at anytime during the game, i am lol.

Thought he was useless, washed out and a trouble maker, what sort of gambler are you burg !

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25 2010, 07:26

Burgs said, and I quote . . . .

and his actual game deteriated over the last 18 months and would not have been first choice for us anyway

but the fact the guys is shite and passed it

PMSL seems like the goners are a bit touchy about this most excellent FREE transfer. Gotta love it. And Burgs after stating all of the above then saying ou are putting money on him, heres another quote from you that is most apt . . . . .

your local doing a special on stella then is it lol.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25 2010, 07:28

lol! VIS !

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26 2010, 02:14

75k a week aint free vis, he will probably be your highest earner, what a kick in the nads for dawson and bassong that is, but u guys seem happy with the deal and thats your right, lets talk about him in a few months hey and see what people think then, as for him scoring i think thats a good bet if i am honest, her will be up for the game and as i have said many times he is good in the oppos box, dont mean he aint disruptive sulky and his game aint what it was, he scored the goal that took france to the world cup, then lead his team in acting disgracefully when they were there. great signing, lol my death threats are on the way to him now.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26 2010, 02:18

Ive read that he is on 60k
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 26 2010, 05:00

It is 60k Max.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26 2010, 05:22

£60K p/w for the ex-goner captain ! Bargain ! LOL no wonder they are bitter. Looking forward to seeing him smiling & celebating at The Lane tonight . . . . . .
    Yidette
    Yidette
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by Yidette Thu Aug 26 2010, 05:36

Hi guys - I know I haven't posted for a while so please excuse my abruptness (although I am on maternity leave from Monday so should be able to post alot more) but I m not happy about Spurs signing Gallas and really don't know what it will take to change my mind. Baz knows my feelings about the subject. Just thought i'd add my part lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26 2010, 06:35

Have a rep Yidette as a welcum back & for posting your feeling on the situation . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 26 2010, 07:08

Rep point taken off for your abruptness lol. Nah, only joking lol. Have one on ya Dad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 14:00