The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
No Spot for Sandro! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
No Spot for Sandro! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
No Spot for Sandro! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

No Spot for Sandro! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

No Spot for Sandro!

No Spot for Sandro! Empty No Spot for Sandro!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:22

This from; http://triffictottenham.co.uk

I can confirm new boy Sandro has not been registered for our CL 25 man squad and therefore ineligible for all of the group league matches involving Werder Bremen, Milan and FC Twente.
    The story broke yesterday and has been the subject of a fair amount of debate on blogs and forum alike. The feeling from some quarters suggested this information was premature and much like the new PL 25 requirements which allows young players a free pass?
    Amid a lot of pronouncements of ;rule 26, section 18 paras 8-16; etc. I decided to contact the club and see if I could get an official response.

This is the THFC official response Uefa/s website is correct ; Sandro is not included in our Champions League squad for the Group Phase. The player has joined us on the back of a full season in Brazil and will require time to settle in and adapt to the pace of the Premier League. Should we advance to the Knockout stages of the competition, we are able to amend our squad in January.

So there you have it, bit of a shock for the young lad particularly when in his interview at the Spurs lodge he specifies how much he's excited by playing in the CL perhaps someone at the club should've told him he won't be playing in it. I must say I am a tad disappointed for the lad who arrives at the Lane with a large burden of expectation on his young shoulders but one thing he has on his side is time.

No Spot for Sandro! Empty Re: No Spot for Sandro!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 07:02

that is a sock considerin the bad form wp is in
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 11 2010, 17:18

I admit it's a bit of a surprise that he's been left out but it is true he has had a long season and I would much prefer that when he plays he is fit and really sharp. Remember when Pav came he had been playing all year then straight into our season and he has been suffering with indifferent form ever since.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 11 2010, 17:23

I say fair play to Spurs for giving the lad the chance to ease himself into playing for us. Considering the size of the squad, and the competition in midfield, I see it as a sensible bit of management that allows him to settle, get used to the players, the climate and the pace of our game.

Anyone else remember the shocker of a start Khaboul had for us when he was thrust into the deep end without the opportunity to aclimatise?

Well done Spurs, we can do without another player having his game knocked for six because he was thrust in when not yet ready.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Sep 11 2010, 19:04

Does anyone remember Pav after he came to us from a full season in Russia, this my friends is learning from your mistakes.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 11 2010, 20:31

Good pont Dave. As you say maybe Arry has learnt from his mistakes with Pav.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:03