The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Seven points down EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Seven points down EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Seven points down EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Seven points down EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Seven points down EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Seven points down EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Seven points down EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Seven points down EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Seven points down EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Seven points down Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Seven points down

Seven points down Empty Seven points down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 18:02

Article from :- http://www.topspurs.com

12 September 2010 - 7 points down.

This time last season we had just enjoyed out best start to the season since ’61. It is not been quite so good so far this time, indeed we have seven points less than we had at this point in the season last year.

It has not been a disaster to date, but we don’t seem to have got properly going and our injuries have been infuriating to say this least. It has been an inconsistent, stop-start affair so far.

We started the season at full pace and only Jo Hart prevented us from a well-deserved win over City. Then we had that bizarre match in Switzerland, where we nearly conspired to blowing our Champions league spot inside 30 minutes. Fortunately we turned that around and now look forward to the group stages, mixing it with the European champions.

We then fought hard to achieve a win at Stoke, before a shocking defeat at home to Wigan, which was as bewildering as it was painful. We then failed to hold our lead at West Brom and had Cudicini to thank for at least getting us a point.

So we have only 5 points from 4 games. When looking at our fixtures, it really should have been at least another three by now. We now have three more teams who’s name begin with W to play in this September, interspersed with a team who’s name doesn’t start with W, but really should, followed by six other letters and ending in s.
    We surely must then get something against Wolves on Saturday, the only side other than Man U, who we failed to get at least point against last year. Then it’s the goons, in the League cup. They will probably play a weakened team and I expect Redknapp will utilise our squad too, so it probably won’t quite have the atmosphere of when we beat them back in April, but still one we should want to win. We round the month off, with a visit to our ‘ol mates from east London, who may well still be bottom of the league at time, sweet Jesus that club is an absolute joke.

A bit of a concern is our lack of goals from our strikers. None have scored a league goal yet. With Defoe out, Crouch, Pav and Keane will all get minutes on the pitch, but they have to step up and convert chances. I don’t think Redknapp knows his best combination yet, he needs to address this quickly.

At the back, with Dawson’s injury, it means we will unfortunately see plenty of Gallas. I was appalled when we signed him and when Redknapp said he was thinking of giving him the captaincy, I thought it was some kind of sick joke. Thankfully my 09’10 player of year, Hud, got the nod. I know some Spurs have bought into “Willie” already, probably the same people, who buy both a league replica shirt and cup replica shirt, identical except for a different sponsor, but it will take a lot for him to win me over. I despise the fact that he is wearing Tottenham colours and would much rather it was him who was injured rather than Dawson. Football is an irrational hobby, so trying to be rational about, is a paradox, but I will try.

We chose Tottenham for a number of different reasons, in my case it was because of my dad, my locality and my friends, I quickly learnt that part of the deal for supporting Spurs is to dislike Arsenal.
    In fact now I dislike Arsenal almost as much as I love Spurs. So how can I go from despising a player to liking him in the space of a summer?

Not only was he a former gooner Captain but he is appears as arrogant, egotistical, mercenary in fact a generally horrible bloke. Not someone who I enjoy parting with my cash to watch.

Although I think Redknapp is an excellent manager and has done a great job so far, I am not going to applaud his every decision. One decision however which I think he has got right is the signing of Van der Vaart. It could prove to be signing of the summer. And now with Modric possibly facing another long layoff, it is even more inspired.

So it is bit of a strange season for us so far, but everything still to play for, even with Gallas unfortunately in the team.

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:26