The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
CL STYLE OF PLAY EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

CL STYLE OF PLAY Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

CL STYLE OF PLAY

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

CL STYLE OF PLAY Empty CL STYLE OF PLAY

Post by SuneJim Wed Sep 29 2010, 23:21

Now i'm having a good facebook chat Brit about how we should should go about tonight & i'd like to gage opinion on here as to who's right lol.

Now she thinks we should go right at them from the start because we want to win, but i'm advocating a more patient approach.

I saw what happened away at Young Boy's we went at them & ended up 1-0 down. But our inexperience made us chase the game even harder leaving gaps for YB's to exploit & ending up 3-0 & nearly out of it before we started. Second half we calmed down & played more patiently & got our way back in.

The we had Bremen & a very creditable draw but after being 2-0 up it was a little disappointing. We were pressing too hard for a third & that again left gaps & Bremen capitalised this time.

Now i know this is a home game & therefore should be treated a little differently & i can see that. But you look at the more experienced English teams they still don't go in Gung Ho.
    They play very patient possession football & breakdown teams with constant pressure & not very bombard them from all angles. That's the way to get caught all pushing forward & short at the back (especially with our defencive injuries)& get well & truly punished.

The CL isn't the blood & thunder football of the Prem & we have to adapt & evolve our style of play to accommodate the different questions we'll be asked in the CL.

CL STYLE OF PLAY Empty Re: CL STYLE OF PLAY

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 23:52

Fck knows jim ! I have lost the plot, god knows what harry is going to do in central defence ? corluka and bassong ? thud and bassong ? i even heard crouch could do a job as a cb ? but i would imagine he wont be used in such a role.

I wouldnt shoulder all the play through bale, they are going to mark him big time, its time for lennon to play like his old self !

As for your patient play ! yeah thats fine, its a points match so i wouldnt chuck the kitchen sink at them from the off.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 30 2010, 01:20

I think play with caution up to a point but if it hasn't yielded any goals with 30 mins to go then throw everything at them. We need a win to get us back on track.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 30 2010, 01:40

Lew, Dawson & Gallas are both out. But i hear both King & Kaboul are in with a very good fighting chance of making the game so i don't think we're in such defencive dire straights as we're making out. But it wouldn't hurt for Twente to believe we're under strength & put out an attacking team to try & take advantage only to have to go back to the drawing board early on in the game.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 02:10

king will play trust me. anyway bassong and corluka didnt do that bad in the last game.

I think we should go at them early and try and get some early goals.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Sep 30 2010, 03:27

Got a feeling hutton might play right back, with corluka and bassong in middle, with ekotto left.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Thu Sep 30 2010, 03:54

our fans will be loud from the off, i would like us to play at a fast tempo and get at them, patience is the dutch and european way as sunejim says but it dont suit us imo, not at home anyway, lennon to have big night would be perfect with a 3 0.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:35

Straight for the throat, get a goal, hopefully 2 then tighten up in midfield and look to counter-attack . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 23:56