The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
January window targets. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
January window targets. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
January window targets. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
January window targets. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
January window targets. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
January window targets. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
January window targets. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
January window targets. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
January window targets. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

January window targets. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
LOBO
YID FROM DAV
BazSpur
ionman34
HotspurRoper
9 posters

January window targets.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

January window targets. Empty January window targets.

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:25

Now i generally dont get drawn into all the transfer talk at the best of times but this 1 iv been thinking of for a couple of weeks now. Now i may be laughed at here and some may say "yeah what ever and if the goons were still on here they would dine out on this 1 for the rest of their days, But, his team are in the sh*t, he aint enjoying his time at the club at the minute and we need a fox in the box who CAN score goals, due to the lack of goals being scored by our front men in the abcense of Defoe. The player is....... Fernando Torres! and why not, we have to realise taht we are on the up were no longer in the shadow of the so called big 4, between us and City we have killed the myth of the big 4, ok Chelsea seem to be that little bit further away from us but as far as Liverpool go were by far and away a better side than them and as for Man Utd and Arsenal go we have caught them up brigded the gap if you will. Back to Torres i think he could play up top with Defoe those 2 playing of VDV and Modric well come on guys just think about it, Money wise yeah we can afford it, some of you maybe thinking City will do us in any deal, possibly but i think they are more concerned on the Rooney situation at the minute. It possible very possible and a draem signing!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

January window targets. Empty Re: January window targets.

Post by ionman34 Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:35

I actually suggested this pre season Ropes and no, I don't believe you are 'whistling Dixie' here. Torres looks miserable at the mo and may well consider a move to us as a step up for him. There's no doubt that we are in a better position to offer him a more competitive outfit, all young and with many developing into the type of World Class player that players of his ilk crave to play with.

Wages may well be the stumbling block and, were a Spanish club to come in for him, i think we'd be out of the running. However, an additional lure may be that we are based in the Capital, not in Bin Dipper land.

If he wants to stay in England, fancies the Capital, sees a young quality team as an exciting prospect and can accept our wage structure, then I see no reason why we couldn't tempt him. He'd be an instant fan favourite and must know that he'd score oodles of goals with our attacking line up.

The worst that could happen is that he says no, so what do we have to lose?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:50

OMG the mouth waters at such a prospect. Can you imagine? Torres and Defoe feeding off the likes of Hudd, VDV and Moddle. Can't see it happening myself but oh the dreams, the dreams.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:36

funny u should say this, i was thinking the other day that gerrard must be up for grabs soon too, he has been very faithful to liverpool and must want a change. i know he probably go abroad but hes got to be worth a go at aint he.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 19 2010, 20:23

Dunno where we would fit Stevie G in to be honest Yid. Do we actually need him and who would he push out if he came?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 19 2010, 23:31

The only stumbling point when it comes to Torres will be the wages , our top earner gets 70k a week, torres gets alot more than that at Liverpool, but you never know he may want to reignite his career and we would be perfect for him
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 20 2010, 01:39

i dont like players coming in january, i think it would be a risk signing a big name mid season. i think a little cheeky loan bid for huntellar would be perfect,
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:17

YID FROM DAV wrote:i dont like players coming in january, i think it would be a risk signing a big name mid season. i think a little cheeky loan bid for huntellar would be perfect,

Huntelaar only signed for Schalke in the summer , Yid so I cant see that happening .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:22

Now that Ferguson says Rooney wants to leave ManUre I cant make up my mind which of the two we should go for! lol!

Torres I think if he leaves Liverpool will get out of the premeirship , cant see it happening .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:28

Think you're right Arnie. I think he would go back to Spain.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:30

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    YID FROM DAV wrote:i dont like players coming in january, i think it would be a risk signing a big name mid season. i think a little cheeky loan bid for huntellar would be perfect,

Huntelaar only signed for Schalke in the summer , Yid so I cant see that happening .
    yes of course he did, what about messi then lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:49

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

lol!
    We offer them Robbie Keane and I suppose it could be done lol!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:52

ArnieArdiles wrote: Now that Ferguson says Rooney wants to leave ManUre I cant make up my mind which of the two we should go for! lol!

Torres I think if he leaves Liverpool will get out of the premeirship , cant see it happening .

Rooneys on 8 gazillion squid a week as it is and his wrangling about money now, wont happen in a million years.

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:53

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    YID FROM DAV wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

lol!
    We offer them Robbie Keane and I suppose it could be done lol!
    throw bentley in and its a done deal lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:55

And O'Hara lol!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 03:43

who do we want torres. hes injury prone whos lost hes pace and looks so poor for nearly 2 seasons
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 20 2010, 03:45

torres aint done anything for liverpool for ages.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 04:11

yep hes loook so slow and off the pace and you cant say its cos hes not fit cos hes had loads games in world cup aswell
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Oct 20 2010, 05:12

Rooney. Well there is talk that should he leave United and go to Real Madrid, Fergie, with all that money to spend, would have a field day raiding clubs in Europe and the likes of us, and one player mentioned that he could be very interested in is Modric. A question, now we have VDV, could we afford to let Modric go for say, between 15 and 20 million.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 20 2010, 06:20

We shouldn't do business with Manure ever again but if the money was right I am sure we would. As for Torres at Liverpool? His heart isn't in it there anymore. He wants out.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Oct 21 2010, 02:10

I had to look at the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st with all this talk of Torres, Rooney and Gerrard. When they move and in Rooneys case it looks like it's sooner rather than later they can only go to City in the Prem or abroad and I think if not in January they will all be abroad for next season.

Dreams are Ok but they are only temporary and have a habit of making you depressed when you wake up and find it was......only a dream.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 02:38

im sure if we said at end of the season we would have vdv you say the same lol yet we got him. why wouldnt rooney want to come spurs team up with defoe and lennon.

would you swap modric and 20millfor rooney

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 04:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:im sure if we said at end of the season we would have vdv you say the same lol yet we got him. why wouldnt rooney want to come spurs team up with defoe and lennon.

would you swap modric and 20millfor rooney

No Lought. Not in a million years . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 18:22