The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
MarkA249
LOBO
djfitzo
8 posters

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

djfitzo
    International
    International

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW Empty JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 22 2012, 17:30

Everyone keeps going on about one of the reasons we are playing so poorly is because we didnt spend in the January transfer window.
    Firsty no-one could have predicted the injuries to our centrebacks.
    Can anyone name me any top class player, anywhere on the pitch that in January was available or their club would allow them to leave?
    Lought keeps saying there were loads, but no-one has posted who, come on guys if they was out there, name them.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:58

I ripped this from the spurs mad forum/

The FA came knocking in Jan, although Capello was going in the summer anyway, Redknapp doesn't deny it and nor does the chairman?
    This all now makes sense as to how the January window worked for the term. Redknapp Got the England offer and has obviously taken it, Levy agrees to let him go and then the players are lied to. This is why only players were loaned out in January and short term loans were bought in. Levy is a very shrewd business man so he would not of splashed the cash when Redknapp is leavings.
    How is it this has never come up? Although I am not one for gossiping things are now piecing together now. The players heads dropped after Redknapp did not deny leaving and either the players were lied to and didn't believe (some reports suggest that the players found out and went mad) or it took a while to sink in.
    I am not suggesting that this is the case however it does now all add up. From reading pieces here and there and seeing what is happening at the club it only makes sense in this order? Something fishy has gone down at the lane and stinks to high heaven. Someone needs to come out with the truth now and stop lying to the fans..... we are the people that are paying everyone's wages for gods sake, with out us the sport doesn't exist for professionals!
    I'm still as angry as every but seriously now..... Come on you Sp
    urs
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:28

Eight views and not one post suggesting who we realistically could have bought in January.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:47

Make that 13 and still no suggestions, apparently there was loads out there in January, yet nobody can name anyone!!

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:48

djfitzo wrote:Eight views and not one post suggesting who we realistically could have bought in January.

I said all along it has nothing to do with the players and squad , others see it as lack of buying in jan , i don't , but for the record , redknapp has come out and blamed the lack of buys in jan on our resent bad form, so it looks like hes in agreement with a some on here
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:47

But thats it Lobo, buy who? The best players are never available in January, its a very important time of the season and clubs will sanction sales of their best players. And the fact that no-one has posted any suggestions on actually who we could have bought just says it all. Also at that time we had loads of centrebacks and was playing good.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:27

they was nobody around we wanted Remy but Marseille said no buisness till summer i scoffed at Neilsen guy got no pace but knows the game should start alongside Kaboul. Saha starts against Norwich was shocking where is he now wasnt on bench yesterday or Chelsea bit unfair if dropped from squad Arry says no strength in depth ? scratch Giovani Mexico internatinal Kumalo South African international Livermore Rose u21s
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:46

I agree with you dj. I said some time ago our biggest problem was not buying last Summer. We knew there were problems with strikers and Centre Backs but the problems were not addressed.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:47

Good shout Mark.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:45

I don't believe no buys in January are the answer to our demise.Although I do believe the squad does not have a lot of real class and we need to buy big time in the summer, especially as we will almost certainly lose some.

However I do think there were players available in January. Pardew managed to buy a couple that kicked started his season big time to our cost in fact. Cisse is an example and then there was Samba that we wanted but didn't get and he went to Russia. He was desperate to join us.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:53

Bottom line Dave is that in truth we could as likely have got no-one as good or better then what we had ! So what/who do we blame ? The FA, Redknapp, Levy, players or all of them to some degree ?
    I have been thinking that, in hindsight, January would have been the perfect time to have got rid of Redknapp. Around about the time of his lil ole taxman escapade. Levy must have known that if found guilty he would have to sack him. If innocent, as happened, he must have known that In-Ger-Land would come knocking. He could have put Redknapp on gardening leave, therefore the club would still have been supporting him, and handed the reins to Jordan, Bond & Allen and kept the early season momentum going without the circus sideshow that has become the "Redknapp situation". Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing ho-hum . . . ..
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:53

should of gone for Cahill (Defender), Hangaaland (defender), Marko Marin (midfielder, modric type player), Lloriente (Striker) from Bilbao, Remy (striker), Benzema (madrid striker).
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:04

You could tell all the outstanding players who were on offer in January by the FACT that Manyoo signed no one and rafter the retired Scholes back into action, Coteh signed no one, Arsene signed no one, and the only money that changed hands was for Cahill and Cisse

Well clear this up for me if I am wrong but Chelsea have dropped more points since Cahill joined than they had previously - unless we are looking at a different table they are behind you

As for Toon's Cisse seemed toe a hit of a punt on the striker with BL bottom club Frieburg - never heard of him personally and was he at the ACN ?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:07

Benzema ? As in he was not for sale

Would have cost £35 million if he was ( what Madrid paid)

And earns £100k+ a week

Dream on DJ - dream on

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:07

omg dj how many years we been after a striker

how about cissi at newcastle cadbaye
    jelkoiv at everton
    cahill would of come if we got him sooner.
    theres loads of players but our scouts are 2 slow
    heres a thought why loan our players out when we could need them.
    bassong bentley piinaar scored today.

amazing lets buy a player and loan him back to the same team and this guy not a kid. crazyyyy

face it dj harry fk us. he couldnt get us back into 4th last season and this season he doing the same and thats with the mess arsenal and chelsea was in

die on your sword harry you derserve the sack.
    if this guy becomes england manager we will be laughing stock
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:08

It all boils down to the same old thing, we wont splash the cash, we are trying to get this stadium built and money is going to be tight , we are known for last minute buy's , the last few season we have stuttered in the transfer market, things haven't been right since we bought rasiak , remember that lol what a cock up

But looking at the squad as a whole apart from buying the old few players like parker ,most have either been on loan or cheap buys, weve not spent much at all
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:11

So if Jelavic and Cahill - the violent Australian one - is so good Lought why are Everton trailing you ?

Why did they get shagged by their hugely average
    Local rivals twice recently, once at Wembley

I don't recall you on here last Saturday afternoon after Everton's slaughter at Wembley squealing about Moyes or Jelavic

One game at a time eh ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:16

jelvic only came in january.

all im saying is there are players around and its upto the scouts to find them.
    or not loan out players and sell some when the ones you bring in are not on same levely

neilson is not better then bassong.
    saha is not superpav.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 23 2012, 05:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:jelvic only came in january.

all im saying is there are players around and its upto the scouts to find them.
    or not loan out players and sell some when the ones you bring in are not on same levely

neilson is not better then bassong.
    saha is not superpav.
    But loughs of rather wait until the summer when the seasons over rather then take a chance, because if they didn't work out you'd be the first to moan .cisses record in Germany was poor and jelavic played in a league where it's poor,hindsights a wonderful thing and don't kid yourself on cahill cos his agent was only going to sell to the highest bidder.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 05:43

but we had all summer and did nothing
    for past 2 seasons
    we wait untill the last days to try get them cheap
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 23 2012, 05:57

We offered apparently big money for remy and Marin but they didn't want to come or their clubs,like we did with modric,refused to sell them, why do you think nasri and cliche went to citeh? The money and that's what will happen with Edin hazard and any other players that we are interested in and their agents leak to the press
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 07:12

It's getting harder & harder for clubs to bring proven quality in. Thanks to the Citeh's & PSG's et al. Is it time to bring in another Commoli ? We have at Spurs shown that youngsters can be found and then bought on. OK plenty have fallen by the wayside but I'm thinking Bale, Thudd, Walker, Caulker, possibly Naughton and others. There is a way forwards there and I also think we will in the future see the long term benefits of the new training facilities and youth coming through . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 23 2012, 19:10

vis wrote:It's getting harder & harder for clubs to bring proven quality in. Thanks to the Citeh's & PSG's et al. Is it time to bring in another Commoli ? We have at Spurs shown that youngsters can be found and then bought on. OK plenty have fallen by the wayside but I'm thinking Bale, Thudd, Walker, Caulker, possibly Naughton and others. There is a way forwards there and I also think we will in the future see the long term benefits of the new training facilities and youth coming through . . . .

Of course it is Vis, but Lought thinks its football manager on the ps3 where you can buy whoever you want.
    We get linked with top players because we have a good name in football, it least they are linked with us, but we all know who controls the transfers, its the agents, every time we go in for someone, the agent leaks it to the press and hey presto, someone with money comes in with bigger money and Lought says we didnt try hard enough, Barcodes took a gamble on Cisse and it appears to have paid off, they could still end up below us. Lought went on an on about getting Suarez, Liverpool cant even catch us now and we have hardly got any points for a month, it dont always work out. We have had some bad luck with injuries at a crucial time of the season and I know Arsenal did too defensively, but that was at the start and they had time to claw their way back, we havent.
    Like Ion has said, lets get behind whoever puts the lilywhite shirt on for the last few games and hopefully we can still get that Champs League place. One last thing that really sealed my thoughts on Harry and I am grateful for what he has done for us (paid handomely for it too) is hoping Chelski win the CL, meaning that even if we did finish 4th, we dont get CL that is vital for us to push on, now that is not something a manager of my club should be saying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:41