The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
tactics EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
tactics EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
tactics EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
tactics EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
tactics EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
tactics EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
tactics EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
tactics EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
tactics EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

tactics Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

tactics

djfitzo
    International
    International

tactics Empty tactics

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 16 2011, 20:12

Well, we was all thinking after Kranjs recent heroics and Harrys promise to attack Milan, why start Pienaar and Crouch for christ sake. Harry got them both right as Pienaars tenacity and tracking back was vital and Crouch lead the line well,the slower continental game really suits him. Now we know why Sandro is so highly rated, him and Palacios was controlled and dominated the midfield.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

tactics Empty Re: tactics

Post by DJSR Wed Feb 16 2011, 20:14

Harry got it spot on.....simples! Wink
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 16 2011, 22:23

Sandro impressed again last night.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 16 2011, 23:52

Not being funny but i said from day one sandro is class, hes got a lot of stick from all quaters for not being pele or another ronaldo , i could even see right from the off he had talent, but so many spurs fans were unimpressed calling him rubbish and why did we buy him, why cos hes got alot more to him than jusr a 35 yard banana shot every once in a while, its so nice now to see the ye of little faith sing his praises , im not saying your one of those but i know lought was :P
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 17 2011, 00:07

LOBO wrote:Not being funny but i said from day one sandro is class, hes got a lot of stick from all quaters for not being pele or another ronaldo , i could even see right from the off he had talent, but so many spurs fans were unimpressed calling him rubbish and why did we buy him, why cos hes got alot more to him than jusr a 35 yard banana shot every once in a while, its so nice now to see the ye of little faith sing his praises , im not saying your one of those but i know lought was :P

Not guilty your honour, infact I thought that as he just came from a full season in Brazil he would need to be played sparingly this season and would see the best of him next term. However, he has surprised me with his fitness levels already and it will be interesting next season who starts when Hudd is fit, cos you have to have a holding midfielder to be successful.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 17 2011, 00:31

I was always of the lets wait and see brigade.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Feb 17 2011, 09:46

Have to be honest didn't rate him at all on what I had seen so far this season. Thought he was totally overated but had a great game last night but still reserve my judgement until he plays like that on a regular basis.
    Remember he played to a certain and different style of play that we usually adopt lets see what he does over the next few months. I hope he does play consitently well as we need another player that can break down the oppositions midfield. Palacious played well with Sandro but he is still not the answer to a midfield general as he gives the ball away to often so if Sandro continues to improve he could save us a lot of money in the long term.

But they were both superb last night as were the whole team but most of the papers and the radio are talking about us making the final, I just wish they wouldn't put that amount of pressure on us as the job is still only half way done.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 11:44

well i thought harry got it right. wernt keen on piennar starting but like you said he tracks back well. and he really tired 2nd half.

i will say this though i though harrys subs where spot on at the right time. i wish u used the subs more in the prem games.

and yea i admit i didnt fancy sandro but im glad im being proved wrong. he was everywhere and i dunno how peopel can give him and wp 7 aswell as pienar.

for me the star players last night was all of them but daws came of age last night

gomez daws wp sandro crouch lennon galas should all get at least 8

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:20