The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Defoe ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Defoe ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Defoe ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Defoe ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Defoe ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Defoe ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Defoe ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Defoe ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Defoe ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Defoe ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
LOBO
MarkA249
7 posters

Defoe !

Defoe ! Empty Defoe !

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:55

His return is ahead of schedule with late november named as the likely time he will be available to play ?

Havent heard anything about dawson or king, but our ledley seems to recover from these groin strains (through lack of correct training ) quite quickly, expect king back within a couple of games, in fact i wouldnt be surprised if he was being saved for the united game.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Defoe ! Empty Re: Defoe !

Post by MarkA249 Mon Oct 25 2010, 18:06

How we need him yes Crouchie had done well with his assists but he cant shoot cant wait for VDV AND Defoe partnership hope they r availble for te scum game
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 25 2010, 20:37

Lets hope that Defoe comes back and doesnt put England before club again and gets himself injured, he should use his noddle and do what the chelsea boys do throw a sicky, club comes first in my books never again do i want to see Defoe put country before club, i know it sounds selfish but england are W*nk fullstop
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:14

Never thought I would say this as I have always supported Englan but I agree Lobo.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 25 2010, 23:59

I'm sorry but I don't agree guys. If you are picked for your country it's a great honour and you have to play and hope that you don't get a knock. I think most players do even Rooney wont' let Ferguson tell him not to play.

It's frustrating if players from our club get injured on international duty but it goes with the territory and its an honour to your club that they are picked for their country.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 00:06

totalytot wrote:
    I'm sorry but I don't agree guys. If you are picked for your country it's a great honour and you have to play and hope that you don't get a knock. I think most players do even Rooney wont' let Ferguson tell him not to play.

It's frustrating if players from our club get injured on international duty but it goes with the territory and its an honour to your club that they are picked for their country.

Mikey M

it is a great honour to play for your country , but so is playing for spurs and this club pays his wages .:P
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 26 2010, 03:07

England's next competitive game is'nt until March with just the France friendly during that time on the 17th November ...So JD is unlikely to be involved with the national team before hopefully he has a few games for Spurs under his belt ....
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 26 2010, 03:22

LOBO wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

it is a great honour to play for your country , but so is playing for spurs and this club pays his wages .:P
    not whilst he was injured playing for england they dont, the fa pay his wages. no club should ever stop a player from playing for his country but it is fustrating.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:19

playing for england has changed. no longer is it hard for a prem league english player to get a cap.

every england friendly rio and terry get a slight nock but end up playing for there clubs a few days later. Im soz but defoe new he had problems and played for england instead of having that 2 week break now its backfired
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:23

Hmm... the Club Country debate, just to add to it, what Pees me off, is the disadvantage it creates, in that the other clubs, who have no players playing for Country, or any other comps, dont h ave an injury list to deal with as a result, and considering Spurs are more or less the England team. It is i feel more a hinderance than Help.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 26 2010, 07:33

Defoe is set to return 13 November. According to the Physio Room web site.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 07:49

lets hope so baz. i heard woodgate op has been a success i really hope thats true i would love for him to get back in the sqaud. kaboul and bassong can learn so much from him and king. I think woodgate and king or the best english center backs of this generation better then terry and upson only rio comes close.

lookin at the league table its good that we are only 2points behind the scum and yet we havent really been playin well yet this season

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 07:51

I always used to think that any player should be allowed to play for his country regardless of what his club felt for the sheer honour of that alone, but these day's with the Cappello fiasco still on-going I have changed my mind. The clubs are the paymasters and therefore their medical opinions should hold sway. Too many times clubs see players go for international duty then come back with long term injuries. Daws was a true accident but others have had slight knocks exaberated by England duty. Right now playing for England seems worthless. We where promised a brave new dawn yet all we get is a call for Hesky (worse than Crouchinio) to come out of retirement. Let the FA get their house in order before they demand players at their whim. The sooner JermainMan is fit again the better . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content