The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

defoe

defoe Empty defoe

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 08:59

Defoe back for Sunderland?

Jermain Defoe looks likely to be available to return to first team action at Sunderland next weekend, after he confirmed he will be back in training tomorrow.

Defoe who has missed the last three games and was previously nursed thought games with a hamstring injury, has recovered quicker than initially expected, which is great news for Harry, though will create a headache with the other three strikers all looking good and scoring goals.

Speaking on Goals on Sunday, Jermain said: 'It was nothing major, I just pulled up in training. When I first did it, I thought it was bad. When I do get little knocks I tend to recover really quickly.

'I was running the next day, which was a good sign, and it's really good. I think I will train tomorrow and I'll play next week definitely.'

The other interesting info regarding our strikers, is that Eidur Gudjohnsen has revealed that there is an option to extend his loan for another season and that he is really enjoying his football after a frustrating spell in France.

"It`s fairly straightforward. It was a loan deal to the end of the season with an option for next season as well. Whether they make it long-term beyond that I don`t know. It`s something that the clubs and myself will have to talk about. I am loving my time here. There is something in place but both parties have to agree, and for the time being I`ll ¬settle for that.

"This is what I`m here for. I didn`t just come here to watch football games. I came here to play and help as much as I can. It`s not easy coming into a team in the middle of the season, particularly one that is quite well cemented, doing well in the league and the Cup."

"I`m very pleased with the way things have gone here in the last few weeks. I`ve had to be patient but I`ve thoroughly enjoyed my training and being here on a day to day basis. I really feel alive again. I missed England. I`ve had to wait for my chance and maybe it came because of a few niggling injuries but I`m just happy that I`ve been able to contribute"

Where this would leave Robbie Keane is anyone`s guess, whilst there still has to remain question marks over the desire of Roman Pavlyuchenko to remain at White hart Lane despite his fantastic recent form...

defoe Empty Re: defoe

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 09:28

Last 20/30 minutes against Sunlan should be the perfect warm-up for him . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 09:31

yea i agree. dont start him and ease hes way back. sunderland where awfull last week so him hopeful of beaten them.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 14:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea i agree. dont start him and ease hes way back. sunderland where awfull last week so him hopeful of beaten them.

We have to beat them lought, if we want to stay in 4th.........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content