The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
shearspur
vis
totalytot
djfitzo
Maximus
9 posters

defoe

defoe Empty defoe

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 10:56

1 league goal in hes last 8 league games.

we need another striker
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

defoe Empty Re: defoe

Post by Maximus Sun Jan 13 2013, 13:10

Big Toe Defoe is too greedy, he would shoot at a bar maids pinny, Ade just cant be bothered, so do we need 2 strikers?? i dont think we do, if Jd can sit back enough and do the ninja pounce type thing, then we just need to get one in, i would like to see Remy at the Lane.-
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:58

He was the only one that made QPR keeper work yesterday, if he don't shoot, he don't score. His movement to take defenders away enables others to score, why do you think we are 4th and have scored the 4th amount of goals in the prem? That's the problem on here Lought, you don't like Defoe and take every opportunity to have a dig, yet we have had two weeks of how great Adel is, yet apart from acouple of good balls, he was pants yesterday, but you still gave him a glowing report, get behind your own mate.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jan 14 2013, 02:16

JD is going through a bad patch at the moment but he will come good and will score more goals this season but we do need another striker as I have been saying all season.

Yesterday was a glaring example of how bad we need one and if we don't then there will be many more games like yesterday that will end in 0-0 or even a 1-0 lose.

I understand we can have Damiao for £15 mil and Negredo for about £12 but Levy is again trying to get them for less. It's crazy as they are good prices on todays standards and we will miss out again if he (Levy) keeps trying to be to clever for his own good as he has been for the last 3 or 4 transfer windows.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 02:47

dj your wrong adel worked hes socks off and hes vison he set up swp 3 times. not bad for a player playing up front. he had a better game then bale and ade.

did you not see the times he put players through.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 02:50

defoe is not good enough for a top team. hes had this season to cement a place yet hes scored a few goals and done nothing else.

he takes pot shots when players are in better postion.

the best players like rooney rvp berbatov are not greedy and will pas if somone in better postion.

but what i will say is defoe trying and working a lot harder and deserves to be ahead of ade who just dont care if he scores. hes got hes contract so hes happy.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 14 2013, 04:07

Little stat I heard about Trabbant. In the 1st half against Spurs yesterday playing as the striker he had more touches of the ball then any other player on the pitch. 45 in total yet NOT ONE OF THEM IN THE SPURS PENALTY BOX . . . ..

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 05:12

vis because they was playing 11 men behind the ball
    3 times he put swp through on goal and swp misses
    the last 1 was a great flick and lucky for us swp slips

he played well second half and unlike ade and bale who was invisible.

2 games bale v tarrab and twice bale gone missing
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 14 2013, 05:17

Well then he ain't that good is he Lought if he's playing for a team that puts 11 behind the ball? No Barca or Real for him! But c'mon he's the striker and can't even get into the box? He played well yet you criticise 2 Spurs players for being invisible? Did he have Walker in his pocket like you said he would? Just another average player playing for a less then average team . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 05:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:dj your wrong adel worked hes socks off and hes vison he set up swp 3 times. not bad for a player playing up front. he had a better game then bale and ade.

did you not see the times he put players through.

Are you blind Lought, I already mentioned his through balls, but apart that he gave the ball away on numerous occasions. But you never see that, but suddenly can spot everything when Bale Ade or Defoe do something, get behind the players of the tem you support.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 05:41

because he had a better game then ade and bale.
    taarbat was up front on hes own with all the other qpr players in there own half.
    so when he won the ball in the first half he had the 2 spurs center backs on him and he had nobody to pass too.

second half qpr players got closer to him and they had the best chances.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 06:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:because he had a better game then ade and bale.
    taarbat was up front on hes own with all the other qpr players in there own half.
    so when he won the ball in the first half he had the 2 spurs center backs on him and he had nobody to pass too.

second half qpr players got closer to him and they had the best chances.

Lloris came off his line once, what chances ?

He put through 3 good balls in 90 minutes, no matter what excuses you make for him, his other decisions were poor and unlike at Cheatski, his hold up play was not as good and often lost the ball, but hey you can't see no further than him, even when we are playing somone else.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 06:19

he had a good game and worked hard. but he was not there best player yesterday.

like you said he played better aganst chelsea.

fabio was great had lennon and bale in hes pocket all game.

mabio was brillant and kept demebel quiet .

harry played for a draw and got it.

glen hoddle did you hear what he said before the game.

he said adel has so much quailty and vison and if you put him in a better team with better players around him he will go up another level.

yet bale when a team parks the bus he may aswel not be on the pitch
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:36

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]he had a good game and worked hard. but he was not there best player yesterday.

like you said he played better aganst chelsea.

fabio was great had lennon and bale in hes pocket all game.

mabio was brillant and kept demebel quiet .

harry played for a draw and got it.

glen hoddle did you hear what he said before the game.

he said adel has so much quailty and vison and if you put him in a better team with better players around him he will go up another level.

But that's the same for all flair players Lought, no one fears QPR, so they don't play them defensively, so Taraabt gets more space then Bale does,as soon as a team clams up and he gets less space his not as effective, On paper yes, but no top manager with top players see it as Hoddle does and lets face it, Hoddles track record as a manager is nothing to wrote home about or Ray Wilkins. It speaks volumes about the wider football community that in many transfer windows,not one big team has come in for him and two weeks into this one and according to you his having a fantastic season, not one offer agin, why do you think that is Lought?

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:50

So loads of QPR players were great but no Spurs players? If we had a QPR section I'd move this thread there . . . ..
    (P.S Lought Trabbant was at a better team with better players around him & Redknapp sold him to QPR)

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:57

some spurs players did well
    sandro dawson naughton lennon second half.

so how come nobodys come in for bale.
    qpr dont defend park the bus in every game.

tony gale gave adel man of the match aganst chelsea.
    anyway vis go watch the game and tell me who had the better game.
    ade or tarrabt.

hoddle the most gifted spurs player ever says adel is great yet you guys dont.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:02

bale always struggles aganst teams that park the bus but he has to learn how to cope with that.

good players get marked out of games.
    everyone parks the bus aganst messie yet it dont stop him.

bale had loads of poor games last season but apart from yesterday hes been playing well and everyone has a bad game from time to time

but ade has no excuses
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:07

But Lought let's get back on track. You started the thread about Defoe. Not Adabadback. So was Trabbant better & busier then Defoe. Did he have & create more chances then Defoe? Has he more goals this season then Defoe? Let's get back to Defoe . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:48

adel is not a striker you cant compare him to defoe.

if you want to compare with anyone thing try with dembele. more goals more assits yet dembele has better players around him.

my point is defoe ade both got 1 goal in 8 games.
    thats so poor seeing as we create so many chances so we need a better player up front
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 09:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:adel is not a striker you cant compare him to defoe.

if you want to compare with anyone thing try with dembele. more goals more assits yet dembele has better players around him.

thats so poor seeing as we create so many chances so we need a better player up front

So we forget the 9 other goals he has this season? 5th best scorer in the league, same as Djeko and more than Aguero, but he has a little blip and your on his case, before you said he was poor because he got 5 goals in one game , now he scores 1's nd 2's and still not good enough. Probert let so much go yesterday from the guy that marked Dembele, he was fouled almost every time he got the ball, Bale got clipped again on a run and he played advantage. Your right we should not compare Taraabt, his not a Spurs player, I brought him in cos you take every opportunity to run our players down, but ont have anything said against a player no top manager wants.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 09:19

so you saw the game. you saw adel vison when he put through swp more then once.

defoe is not a natural goalscorer .
    i always said hes not all that yet he will score a few goals aganst smaller teams then he will go on a long drought.

thats why no top club have ever wanted defoe.
    hes got no football brain.
    so now you think defoe better then augreo.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 19:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:so you saw the game. you saw adel vison when he put through swp more then once.

defoe is not a natural goalscorer .
    i always said hes not all that yet he will score a few goals aganst smaller teams then he will go on a long drought.

thats why no top club have ever wanted defoe.
    hes got no football brain.
    so now you think defoe better then augreo.

No, but his got more goals then him, even without someone like Silva in the team and how many more times, I don't give a flying f*ck abt Taraabt vision, HE DON'T PLAY FOR SPURS.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jan 15 2013, 03:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:adel is not a striker you cant compare him to defoe.

Lought in another thread you raved about Trabbant playing the strikers role.
    And I quote you as follows . . . .

what a touch from adel. he plays up front and qpr beat chelsea lol

he worked hes socks off and tony gale was raving about him

yep cos mark hughes brought loads of old players and then played adel left wing.

today he played up front held the ball up well

a good player dont stay in one place he moves about.

yep so they did want him. and aganst liverpool he played behind cisse who was so bad harry didnt play him at all aganst chelsea and played adel up front on hes own.

When asked about playing in a new position:

"i was very surprised. the manager tell me i was gona play up front, i never think about it- i never play in this position in my life. But i tell him myself, i am here for the team, i did a lot of things for this club.

So from the way you rave about Trabbant as a front man I think it is very fair to make comparissons to Defoe Lought . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 03:51

they play him up front because they dont have any other options and cisse is rubbish.
    adel job is to hold the ball up and wait for support
    and boy did he do that well in the second half.

as for defoe every season he goes on a long goal drough in second half of the season.
    i posted facts and stats do you want me to repost.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jan 15 2013, 03:55

Whatever the stats Lought Defoe has more goals then Trabbant . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content