The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
EVERTON (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
EVERTON (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
EVERTON (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

EVERTON (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

EVERTON (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

EVERTON (My Take) Empty EVERTON (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 26 2010, 02:34

Right i have to say i'm only beginning to calm down now. Two points lost & yes i blame Harry for it 100%.

We have a fantastic squad but he only makes two of our three substitutions. We had the likes of Kranjcar on the bench fresh as a daisy but persisted with tired players.

Don't get me started on crouch,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OK he does the odd decent knock down to Van Der Vaart but offers nothing else to the team. He's still trying to bring neck high balls down instead of flicking them on, he's still shooting with all the power of 10 day old foal in leg braces. I'm certain that if he'd been replaced we'd have won that game.

We had Hutton & Assou-Ekotto putting long balls towards Crouch without even getting to the byline. Playing into Everton's defending hands. The more Crouch plays the more we're losing our footballing identity. When he's not on the pitch we play some good football & we'd have broken down the rigid Toffee defence.

We stared even slower than we did on Wednesday, while we had possession we never looked like scoring. Gallas should have been rested not Bassong. Palacios looked leaden footed & out of touch with the game. I'd even say Keane would have been a better option to lead the line. But why oh why isn't Keane, Kranjcar & Dos Santos getting a look in. Harry's not shuffling his pack enough. Not surprised we have a few players voicing unrest.

I couldn't see us losing the game, that's for sure, but it is two points lost that's for sure. So it's another thumbs down for Harry, Mainly team selection & use of sub's. But i will state again this doesn't mean i've lost faith in him but my patience won't last forever when the same old mistakes are being made & our football style is suffering.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

EVERTON (My Take) Empty Re: EVERTON (My Take)

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 26 2010, 02:43

spot on all of that, krankjar,keane,pav and possibly gio should of all started imo. for the life of me i cant see any real reason for starting crouch against everton. it was the worst case scenario week for me a loss in europe, and lost points in the following game,im sure harry has his reasons but its all very confusing from where im sitting.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 26 2010, 03:01

Well done Jim nice post , for me your opening two paragraphs really say it all ..

Something is not right with this faith Harry has in Crouch, all this he gives us another option rubbish .....For me he shouldnt even be the plan B so many talk about ....

All these long balls upto him from outside the penalty so he can knock it down to VDV , yeah very enterprising football that, not!

We're not like that, we're THFC!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 26 2010, 03:46

Repped Jim.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:29

all the talk of harry saying he needs to give kranker games and when he has a chance he dont.

How can harry play crouch for whole game after the inter game.

harry cost us 2 points.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:41

SuneJim wrote:
    We had Hutton & Assou-Ekotto putting long balls towards Crouch without even getting to the byline. Playing into Everton's defending hands. The more Crouch plays the more we're losing our footballing identity. When he's not on the pitch we play some good football & we'd have broken down the rigid Toffee defence.

We stared even slower than we did on Wednesday, while we had possession we never looked like scoring. Gallas should have been rested not Bassong. Palacios looked leaden footed & out of touch with the game. I'd even say Keane would have been a better option to lead the line. But why oh why isn't Keane, Kranjcar & Dos Santos getting a look in. Harry's not shuffling his pack enough. Not surprised we have a few players voicing unrest.

Spot on Jimothy Rept

A really good take on the game and nice write up , i agree 100 % with everything you wrote, we have a massive squad and yet again Harry didnt use the right players, dropping 2 at home to a bottom 6 team just before we play manu away is major fail, he should have rested some players started with keane or pav and gone for the jugular..mismanagement of the players in my books .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 07:07

and they had loads of injuries

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 04:05