The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry sticks up for crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry sticks up for crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry sticks up for crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry sticks up for crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
philip
ionman34
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
8 posters

harry sticks up for crouch

harry sticks up for crouch Empty harry sticks up for crouch

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 07:21

Harry Redknapp has defended Peter Crouch after his performance against Everton on Saturday.

Crouch sarcastically applauded the fans after they sung for Roman Pavlyuchenko to replace him during the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

‘He gives you something else,’ said Redknapp of Crouch.

‘You take Crouchie out of there and you’ve got to play perfect football to break teams down.

‘When teams have got numbers in there it’s very difficult. You can drop the ball in to him. You take him out and you’ve really got to play through teams.’

harry sticks up for crouch Empty Re: harry sticks up for crouch

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:06

Of course 'arry will defend Crouchinio Lought. He's his player. Scored the goal that got us into the C/L then the goals that got us into the group stages. Also his assists have helped with many other vital goals. Whatever fans may feel, and I'm even losing patence with him, he has done a job for 'arry and that's why 'arry plays him . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:46

pav done more then crouch this year. he has assists just as many as crouch in less games. my point is harry comes out and says when pav or keane have a bad game but wont say nuffing aganst crouch.

I think that statement from harry made himself look silly. we have enough good players on the ball then to worrry about crouch getting nock downs

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:47

i didnt mean this to come across as another crouch slaggin post. hes had enought of that lately but it would be refreashing to hear him come out and say year defoe or crouch then been poor today because we hear him come out and say it about pav keane bent ect

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 09:21

Lought I'm not totally disagreeing with you. Even lil ole me, one of Crouchinio's staunchest defenders, is finding it hard just lately to make any sort of excuse for him. My point is, tho', that 'arry will; rightly or wrongly; stick up for him and defend him. A good manager will always support his players whatever their form. I agree it's time to give Pavy a run of at least 5 or 6 games, than see how the 2 players stats stack up. Maybe 'arry should swallow his pride and give ole 3MeterPeter a bit of a rest on the (masseuses) bench . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 09:35

well i seen a few games where pav has started and has done nuffing. Its weird that the pre season before last pav and defoe was on form pre season and then start of season pav was ignored until jan.

this pre season keane was on form then season starts and cant get a game.

maybe vdv and keane could link up well. both have a football brain
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 10:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:
    Harry Redknapp has defended Peter Crouch after his performance against Everton on Saturday.

Crouch sarcastically applauded the fans after they sung for Roman Pavlyuchenko to replace him during the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

‘You take Crouchie out of there and you’ve got to play perfect football to break teams down.

‘When teams have got numbers in there it’s very difficult. You can drop the ball in to him. You take him out and you’ve really got to play through teams.’

This is Proof that Harry has been playing the long ball to crouch all along i was rigght all along , ok i can see where harry is coming from about bypassing defences knock long to crouch , but he aint on form at the moment and not taking his chances so i really cant see why harry hasnt changed it , if continues to play the same approach every damn team in the country will mark crouch out of it like everton did on saturday, but it beggers believe that hes actually admitted the team is on strict orders to find crouch..crumbs
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 26 2010, 20:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:

Such negative comments ... He's begining to scare me

affraid
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Oct 26 2010, 23:31

ArnieArdiles wrote:Loughtonlegend wrote:

affraid

I thought that was what we are aspiring towards, perfect Football.

I'm hoping it's a smokescreen frm Harry, because his teams have always looked to play sharp, fast, attacking Football along the ground.

It worries me too, Arnie, as it broadcasts his lack of Faith in the other two strikers, as well as the ability of the rest of the team to break teams down.

If he's genuine then that will erode a lot of our attacking confidence and render us seriously one dimensional.

I think everyone is agreed that Crouch needs a spell out. Putting all our eggs in one basket is extremely naive, and this I can't believe of Harry.

Not yet.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue Oct 26 2010, 23:49

ArnieArdiles wrote:Loughtonlegend wrote:

affraid

Scared? I more like petrified by his blind loyaly to Crouch bring back Pav and Keane
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 27 2010, 07:59

<BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>ArnieArdiles wrote:

Loughtonlegend wrote:

Such negative comments ... He's begining o scare me

affraid
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

Ion wrote:

I thought that was what we are aspiring towards, perfect Football.

I'm hoping it's a smokescreen frm Harry, because his teams have always looked to play sharp, fast, attacking Football along the ground.

It worries me too, Arnie, as it broadcasts his lack of Faith in the other two strikers, as well as the ability of the rest of the team to break teams down.

If he's genuine then that will erode a lot of our attacking confidence and render us seriously one dimensional.

I think everyone is agreed that Crouch needs a spell out. Putting all our eggs in one basket is extremely naive, and this I can't believe of Harry.

Not yet.

Ion, I'm hoping you're right and it's just Harry's way of defending the player but the evidence suggests to me that he really believes his comments ... My cousin was there in the Park Lane , with his son , up from the Kent south coast at a minimum day cost of £120 and he told me there were plenty of rumblings regarding our attacking style ... The word most used by the fans was, boring ! ..If Harry thinks that the WHL crowd will be happy to see the team move the ball fairly well to our opponents third and to then just loft it into the box, then he obviously does not understand the WHL crowd or the club itself !

Perfect football can never be attained but as you say Ion that's what we should be aspiring to . With the players Harry has at his disposal we should be seeing them express themselves as they did in one particular move in the first half where sublime, VDV and Modric intricate play got the crowd off their seats and nearly got us a goal.. Is that such a big ask, for supporters of one of the top ten wealthiest clubs in the world ? I'd like to ask Harry for him to show me who else in that particular top ten uses a target man like we do ?

And what will Harry do when our other front man recovers from injury , will he then have the team lofting high balls to him ? Of course not , he will again change our attacking method to suit when all the time in JD's absence we could've been honing our skills and style of play ...
    I really cant put it into words how disappointed I were with Levy and the board for not giving Harry that marquee striker signing. Maybe it just wasnt possible in the summer but watching Levy in the stand versus Everton , to me he had that look of an opportunity had been missed ...

[/size][/size]</BLOCKQUOTE>
    [/size]
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 27 2010, 08:09

<BLOCKQUOTE class=entry-content>ArnieArdiles wrote:Loughtonlegend wrote:

affraid
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil wrote:
    Scared? I more like petrified by his blind loyaly to Crouch bring back Pav and Keane

Phil , even if Harry has no time for Pav & Keane or Dos Santos for that matter , why not try, Kranjcar upfront ?.....

Here he is scoring a goal for Croatia v Norway in their recent Euro qualifier...

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27 2010, 08:51

Now I defended 'arry defending Crouchinio because thats what a manager does, but guys I do agree with your comments about a, shall we say boring & negative style of play ? The long ball game is not our game and if we play it it does not suit the 11 players we have on the pitch. Even Crochinio is better on the deck than in the air ! ! ! Our game will become predictable & easy to defend against. Using 2 fast out & out wide men means that the main angle of attack is the ball into the box from wide areas but it should be mixed-up. Cut backs, runs direct, the odd high ball, screechers across the 6 yard box et al. We need the full mix to do justice to the flair players we have in the side . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Oct 27 2010, 09:52

When you see Kranjcar score goals like that you have to ask yourself why dont he get a game, even with the players being tired you would think someone of his ability would be the perfect replacement, of late kranjcar head has dropped and hes resorted to using the papers to get his message across play me or im off, he should be given more playing time imo a couple of other players to need more playing time, Harry plays the same team over and over sooner or later fatigue will set in
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Oct 27 2010, 20:12

Dont worry, Defoe will be back in a couple of weeks and Harry will always play him ahead of the other strikers, then we can only play one way, along the deck and then we can bring on Crouch if that dont work, we have become predictable, but after 70 minutes of defenders being run ragged by Defoe, they will be too tired to jump at and block off Crouch!!

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Oct 29 2010, 04:29

LOBO wrote:When you see Kranjcar score goals like that you have to ask yourself why dont he get a game, even with the players being tired you would think someone of his ability would be the perfect replacement, of late kranjcar head has dropped and hes resorted to using the papers to get his message across play me or im off, he should be given more playing time imo a couple of other players to need more playing time, Harry plays the same team over and over sooner or later fatigue will set in
    Spot on Lobo Rednap inflexibility may prove to be his undoing, the time will tell
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Oct 29 2010, 05:57

Harry said that Crouch gives you something else, take Crouchie out of there and you've got to play perfect football to break team's down. When team's have got number's in there it's very difficult.
    I am not a Crouch fan, never have been. For as long as I can remember no matter where we finished in the league table we might not have played perfect football but we certainly played the way we have always played, by entertaining the fan's. I do not like to see games where the ball is pumped up field. We always managed to break sides down by playing some great football under Bill Nic, Berkinshaw, Pleat, Venables, and yes Jol, so why can't Harry, and what is wrong with playing perfect football after all thats what the fans want, what kind of football does Harry want us to play, boreing football as long as we get a result?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29 2010, 06:51

Top post as always Len. Rep . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29 2010, 07:35

it should be easyer to play this way with the sqaud harry has.
    keane pav vdv kranker lennon hudd mordic bale all good at playin football on the ground. even crouch is decent with the ball on the ground compare this sqaud to jols or any sqaud in the last 10 15 years and this is the best sqaud

how can carry see that everytime we put a high cross in the other team defends it easy. pav crouch keane vdv hardly ever score with there head
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 29 2010, 23:45

Repped Len.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 30 2010, 00:24

Boltjean wrote:Harry said that Crouch gives you something else, take Crouchie out of there and you've got to play perfect football to break team's down. When team's have got number's in there it's very difficult.
    I am not a Crouch fan, never have been. For as long as I can remember no matter where we finished in the league table we might not have played perfect football but we certainly played the way we have always played, by entertaining the fan's. I do not like to see games where the ball is pumped up field. We always managed to break sides down by playing some great football under Bill Nic, Berkinshaw, Pleat, Venables, and yes Jol, so why can't Harry, and what is wrong with playing perfect football after all thats what the fans want, what kind of football does Harry want us to play, boreing football as long as we get a result?

To be honest i think hes defending crouch , Redknapp must hear the chanting in the staduim, its only natural he would say something like this if only to defend Crouch , redknapp has come out today and said hes not sure whether or not to play bale on saturday so he can rest him for the inter game on tuesday, i think redknapp is playing mind games, because the way i see it we need a result against man u and bale is a must , sorry but CL comes second imo and im sure redknapp would agree, im 100% certain we will see bale play, good news is shrek isnt playing ,so we have a great chance of stiffing these for a change, im sure rednose will do his best to finger the ref though in a vain attempt to swing things in his favour
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:08

Our next three games are ManUre away , Inter home & Bolton away , all games that we could well come out with nothing ... Harry and the boys have to be on it ... Harry for his part has to be better than he was at home to Everton or as Ive already said, the WHL crowd can turn if the results go against and he sticks with this archaic football phylosophy ... Already some are asking , Is he the best manager we've had for years or does he simply have the best group of players we've had for years?

More facts to digest and I'm sure Harry has these facts before him too?

For Spurs , Crouch has played 23 EPL games away from home. He has failed to score in 20 of them.

For Spurs , Crouch has played 24 EPL home games. He has failed to score in 20 of them.

He has failed to score in the last 10 EPL games he has played..

Keane scored against Arsenal in the 'Mickey Mouse Goon Priority For The Season Cup' and was dropped.

Pav scored against Fulham (away) and was dropped.

Post of the week on Crouch, lifted from the GG site :
    The Premeir League can deal with Peter Crouch
    Crouch had a peculiar game against Everton on Saturday. Aggressively double marked at set pieces, with one defender in front and one behind, he was repeatedly buffeted to the ground as the ball was delivered, losing out not by foul play but by his own inability to compete at the jostling and ground-standing aspects of what is still a contact sport. By the end Crouch appeared to have spent most of the game either flat on his back or appealing to the referee for a (non-existent) foul. He did set up Rafael van der Vaart's tap-in with a deflection off his thigh. He also never stopped trying. But the increasing impression is that Crouch may be a busted flush at this level.

Here are the headline stats: in the past three seasons Crouch has scored 10 goals in 84 Premier League matches. In other competitions, against teams less familiar with his strength and weaknesses, he has scored 22 goals in 37 games. This is an astonishing disparity in strike rates, particularly given that most "other" games are either internationals or European matches. It suggests that Premier League teams know how to cope with Crouch; that as a player he has failed to develop new strings and tricks; and that perhaps he is now finding it difficult physically. We don't have much insight into the effects of age on the Crouch-style physique, mainly because the Crouch-style physique is pretty much confined to one man: Crouch. But at 29 the lack of pace looks to be becoming chronic. He seems less flexible too. Perhaps we should simply be praising Crouch's ability to extract a fine career against the odds. But the facts are plain: over the past three years Crouch has been the scourge of strangers while among friends he fails to make a mark.

Over to you Harry! harry sticks up for crouch 208857

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:33

that record is woefull. i heard also that hes 2 assits for vdv was 1st time in prem leagu hes ever had 2 assists in a prem game

we go on about how bad rasik and rebrov was but they hardly played any games.

rebrov was even played out of poistion
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:44

We cant stick the boot in on Crouch much more than speak the facts, Lought but is Harry taking any notice of these facts ?

As for Hoddle's treatment of Rebrov, our most expensive signing at the time .....I think it turned into something nasty , with the Ukranian often used as an injury time substitute .. I feel the fact that Hoddle turned our £14m investment into a £2m player contibuted to his sacking and his loosing the dressing room...I cant think Enic were to pleased with that piece of work by Glenda ...

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 04:11

its a shame as rebrov made shevchenko look good with al hes assists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 04:48