The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry loves crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry loves crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry loves crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry loves crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry loves crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry loves crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry loves crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry loves crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry loves crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry loves crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

harry loves crouch

harry loves crouch Empty harry loves crouch

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 00:47

harry Redknapp believes Emmanuel Adebayor has the quality to be a big success at Tottenham if a loan deal from Manchester City can be finalised, while he insists the striker's arrival would not signal the departure of either Peter Crouch or Jermain Defoe.

Spurs are in talks to bring former Arsenal frontman Adebayor to White Hart Lane and reports have suggested a deal is close to being done.

Redknapp is leaving such matters to chairman Daniel Levy and maintains he does not know when a move might be announced.

"The chairman is dealing with that so I haven't got a clue where it's at," he said on Sky Sports.

"Whether it is done, nearly done or not being done, I really don't know."

"The Arsenal fans hate Adebayor, so I am sure that will make the Tottenham fans like him. If he comes here and gets goals and plays well, they will love him. If he is useless, they will slaughter him."

Harry Redknapp

Quotes of the week

Redknapp regards Adebayor as a player who could make a big impact, having terrorised Tottenham during the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals last season whilst on loan at Real Madrid.

"He's a good player, a real talent, there is no doubt about that. If we could get him at it, he could come here and be a big success," said Redknapp.

"He's got a big point to prove, really, he's got to get back to the form he showed at Arsenal.

"He certainly showed it at Real Madrid last year. We couldn't handle him out in Madrid unfortunately. He's a real talent."

No problem
    Redknapp does not believe Adebayor's history with Arsenal would create a problem with the Tottenham fans, saying they would be supportive as long as he performs well.

"It depends how the player does, doesn't it? William Gallas came here last year and did fantastic for us, so the crowd took to him," Redknapp explained.

"The Arsenal fans hate Adebayor, so I am sure that will make the Tottenham fans like him.

"If he comes here and gets goals and plays well, they will love him. If he is useless, they will slaughter him."

Asked if signing Adebayor would lead to one of the other Tottenham strikers leaving, Redknapp made it clear that he did not want to let Crouch or Defoe go after allowing Robbie Keane to join Los Angeles Galaxy.

"No. Robbie's gone, obviously, but at the movement we are OK and I don't see any movement," he stressed.

"I keep seeing about Crouchy but I don't know where that's come from. I love Crouchy, there's nothing there as far as I know.

"Jermain is playing at the moment and looking sharp."

harry loves crouch Empty Re: harry loves crouch

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 00:49

why dont harry ever praise or hardly mentions pav.

the guy was our top striker in 2010

and also so far this year. hes outscored both defoe and crouch.

they even had a goal crouch scored on the website aganst leyton orient,

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 22:28