The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hutton ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hutton ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hutton ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hutton ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hutton ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hutton ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hutton ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hutton ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hutton ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hutton ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Hutton !

Hutton ! Empty Hutton !

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 00:55

So lets look at huttons game closely and how it doesnt mix in with lennons the way ekottos does with bale ?

Now lets start with saying i am not knocking hutton, i watched the defensive side of his game yesterday and i didnt see anyone get by the bloke, and that has been my criticism of his game in the past.

His game is such that he could actually take lennons place on the right as suggested by vis in another post, the problem is that although he marauds forward and gets in crosses , does he have lennons defender beating skills ? the answer to that is no in my opinion, he negates lennons game to such an extent that lennon actually covers for him having to track back at times.

Its down to harry to get the mix right, perhaps thats the reason why when he has a full compliment of right backs that he chooses corluka, and sometimes kaboul.

Thing is when lennon is injured hutton would be perfect switched to the right wing imo ! he certainly likes bombing forward and could do a job, as long as the bloke behind him isnt bombing forward too and by passing him by whacking the ball out left to the mighty bale ! lol!

Hutton ! Empty Re: Hutton !

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 02:48

Lew wrote . . . .
    Thing is when lennon is injured hutton would be perfect switched to the right wing imo ! he certainly likes bombing forward and could do a job, as long as the bloke behind him isnt bombing forward too and by passing him by whacking the ball out left to the mighty bale !

Then stick Corluka behind him Lew as, just lately, the lad seems incapable of moving any faster than a stationary tractor . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Nov 01 2010, 02:58

Lew, I think, when you compare the Left with the Right wing's. Benoit and Bale have a good understanding of one anothers position, so Benoit can Bomb Forward with Bale dropping Back to cover. Contrast with the right wing. Lennon has / is the consisten choice for the Right wing but at Roght Back,one week it is Kaboul,Corluka or Hutton, this dont allow for I would like to see Kaboul at Right Back with Hutton replacing Lennon for a bit, this would give Lennon the competion that he needs, bringing him on as an impact player, that way it dont matter if it Hutton or Kaboul that is taken off. partnerships and understandings to form and given that Lennons form appears to be off, this would further encourage Hutton go bombing off ahead.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 04:49

cstmrsking wrote:Lew, I think, when you compare the Left with the Right wing's. Benoit and Bale have a good understanding of one anothers position, so Benoit can Bomb Forward with Bale dropping Back to cover. Contrast with the right wing. Lennon has / is the consisten choice for the Right wing but at Roght Back,one week it is Kaboul,Corluka or Hutton, this dont allow for I would like to see Kaboul at Right Back with Hutton replacing Lennon for a bit, this would give Lennon the competion that he needs, bringing him on as an impact player, that way it dont matter if it Hutton or Kaboul that is taken off. partnerships and understandings to form and given that Lennons form appears to be off, this would further encourage Hutton go bombing off ahead.

I cant disagree with what you are saying kingy other than adding that i believe huttons presence is affecting lennons impact on a game, this time last year lennon was our main threat on the right with naff all coming from the left,he then had the less adventurous corluka behind him, now we have bale its all coming from that direction, even hutton is slinging the ball out to the left and lennon is left with nothing to do, much of the time.

Everyone has the right to their opinion kingy but i dont think lennon is in decline at all, its no coincidence that lennons apparent loss of form has occurred since the arrival of bale, and that is because the players themselves are choosing bale on the left as their main outlet when passing, and you cant blame them because bale is such a goal threat or goal maker, the lad has the lot.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 04:54

VisionarySound wrote:Lew wrote . . . .
    Thing is when lennon is injured hutton would be perfect switched to the right wing imo ! he certainly likes bombing forward and could do a job, as long as the bloke behind him isnt bombing forward too and by passing him by whacking the ball out left to the mighty bale !

Then stick Corluka behind him Lew as, just lately, the lad seems incapable of moving any faster than a stationary tractor . . . . . .

Well i am not a corluka fan vis ! what i am saying is that lennon is a better player with a less adventurous right back behind him.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 05:15

lennon gets given the ball then passes back. its like hes hidin and wont take responsiblity.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Nov 01 2010, 05:31

lewspurs wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:Lew, I think, when you compare the Left with the Right wing's. Benoit and Bale have a good understanding of one anothers position, so Benoit can Bomb Forward with Bale dropping Back to cover. Contrast with the right wing. Lennon has / is the consisten choice for the Right wing but at Roght Back,one week it is Kaboul,Corluka or Hutton, this dont allow for I would like to see Kaboul at Right Back with Hutton replacing Lennon for a bit, this would give Lennon the competion that he needs, bringing him on as an impact player, that way it dont matter if it Hutton or Kaboul that is taken off. partnerships and understandings to form and given that Lennons form appears to be off, this would further encourage Hutton go bombing off ahead.

I cant disagree with what you are saying kingy other than adding that i believe huttons presence is affecting lennons impact on a game, this time last year lennon was our main threat on the right with naff all coming from the left,he then had the less adventurous corluka behind him, now we have bale its all coming from that direction, even hutton is slinging the ball out to the left and lennon is left with nothing to do, much of the time.

Everyone has the right to their opinion kingy but i dont think lennon is in decline at all, its no coincidence that lennons apparent loss of form has occurred since the arrival of bale, and that is because the players themselves are choosing bale on the left as their main outlet when passing, and you cant blame them because bale is such a goal threat or goal maker, the lad has the lot.

Lew, I think you make the case more so about how Bale is Playing more than how Hutton may be affecting Lennon. I think you right, Bale's form at the moment is such that he is beng favoured by the other Players. Think, when Bale was not in form, Lennon was favoured. Also you have VDV who is picking up and receiving the ball alot. Lennon not at his best that is for sure. I just think the factors are more than just Hutton.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 07:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:lennon gets given the ball then passes back. its like hes hidin and wont take responsiblity.

A sure sign of a player out of form & lacking in confidence Lought . . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:09

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Lew wrote . . . .

Well i am not a corluka fan vis ! what i am saying is that lennon is a better player with a less adventurous right back behind him.

Spot on Lew I do not think Lennon is that much too out of form, it is more like to do with how Spurs play at the moment and the personnel involved

As I have stated as well on another thread Lennon need to work in tendon with Hutton, he works better with a right back who does not venture too much forward.
    This is the reason why he has not recently been playing well for England because Glen Johnson is of a similar irk to Hutton going forward

Imo we should not knock his confidence down but rather encourage him and influence Rednap to structure the team to play as a unit. Potentially is a good player

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:12

yep i agree vis. nuffing to do with bale or hutton.

maybe bring back corluka to right back then play vdv right wing so if he wanders corluka tends to stay back more. or play hutton right wing or even give bentley a game. lennon needs to be played as a sub for a few games

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 16:29